Author Topic: Final (?) Mayor and City Council Meeting Info Packet Posted  (Read 3031 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
http://www.sandysprings-ga.org/agendas/MCC/2009-1020/

This is the information packet for what will be the final (?) Mayor and City Council meeting for the rezoning of 5395 Roswell Rd.  It should have been online a week before the meeting which is to take place on October 20, but was not posted until this morning, for some reason.

When I have time in the next few days, I will be taking a look and making any comments I have.  Anyone else who wants to beat me to the punch, be my guest!

Edit: Interestingly, one of the files was uploaded around 1:30 this afternoon.  I guess something was either left out, added, or changed after the initial upload.

Another edit: Apparently, the only file there of interest to us at TP is this one: http://www.sandysprings-ga.org/agendas/MCC/2009-1020/MCC_10202009_Agenda_009.pdf  Ooh, that's the scientology one. 

The others concern the other items on the agenda, which is here: http://www.sandysprings-ga.org/agendas/MCC/2009-1020/MCC_10202009_Agenda.pdf
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 15:16 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: Final (?) Mayor and City Council Meeting Info Packet Posted
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 19:06 »
 At the last zoning commission meeting, Attorney Woodson Galloway stated a CAP of 283 people had been agreed to by the so-called church of scientology for the entire 43,000 + foot building. This included the enclosure of the 30 space underground parking spaces.

As of Sept 30th,2009 a NEW CAP??? of 170 members has been agreed on????? with a NEW standard of 1.5 people per car per space??????

Is this another 11th hour curve ball by Woodson Galloway?

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 19:09 »
Sooooo. A CAP of 283 people. Now a CAP of 170. What happened to the other 113 members?

Raven

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 10:07 »
Sooooo. A CAP of 283 people. Now a CAP of 170. What happened to the other 113 members?

they ran for it?

This whole time numbers have been tossed around by sci that don't add up.

We do know sci rents abt 11,000 square feet and has out grown it.  The parking lot where they are at is often very full looking.  We also watched sci drag in charis to help fill up the 11,000 square feet for an event one time.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 10:30 »
Galloway and Scientology are proposing to reconfigure the parking lot and add the 30 spaces they will eliminate from the underground parking to the surface parking.  There is a drawing of the proposed reconfiguration on page 34 of the info packet.

With this new information being made available on the Friday before the Tuesday meeting is to take place, IMO, there is inadequate time for the Mayor and City Council to analyze and consider this new proposal. 

Galloway seems to have found a formula for requesting deferrals - not submitting the data in time for consideration.  The Sandy Springs website clearly states that information is to be submitted 2 weeks prior to the meeting in order to be considered at the meeting.  Why do Galloway and scientology think they should be allowed to have special privileges which the neighbors do not have?  I think there may be another deferral requested Tuesday night...

They are also asking for (page 6):

4. To allow for a parking lot without the required parking islands (Section 4.23.2, Parking Lot Landscaping).

5. To allow for relief from the requirement of planting a large shade tree every 6 parking spaces (Section F.1,
Tree Conservation Ordinance, Administrative Standards, & Best Management Practices - Landscape Strips, Buffers,
and Parking)

Scientology is grasping at straws now to try to use this building which they have purchased for a use that it is obviously not suited for.  Watching Galloway twist and turn over this 8 month period of time is like watching a kitten lizard who doesn't want to be caught trying every possible means of escape.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 20:09 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 10:34 »

Who are we to believe?  Deb Danos stated in 2008 to the Gwinnett Daily Post that there were 200 active members, and 600 members total.  Mr. Galloway states that there are 100 members. 

Is it possible that this "church" has lost that many members in a year?  Why would that be?  And if they are losing members at this rate, why do they need such a large and expensive-to-maintain building?

Narconon Reviews

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 10:52 »
I think the most likely explanation for the wildly fluctuating numbers is that there is a difference between the inflated numbers they submit to the Mothership to show the cult outpost is Keeping Scientology Working and raising their stats (which includes recruiting newbies and maintaining their hooks embedded in current members) and to the media (claiming more people are Scientologists than there are to give the illusion that it is a popular alternative "religion") and the accurate number (obviously hard to verify, as anyone who has ever sent in a blow-in Dianetics "TELL ME MOAR" card, or taken a fraudulent "stress" or "personality" test, or purchased a Sci-book, is included as an "active" member of the cult, and disaffected members who wish to leave often are nervous or afraid to confess they are leaving because the cult will harass them via phone and email and even visit them at their homes and places of business unannounced, constantly, in an attempt to rope them back in) and the observably false (based on direct, long-term observation and parking lot use in this SS location and other ATL areas) and grossly DEFLATED numbers Galloway keeps trying to slip past the council so the cult gets its way on this zoning issue.

TL;DR: Since the cult regularly reports false stats that are designed to benefit them, false inflated stats are to be expected when they try to throw their weight around or appease the Mothership and false under-reported stats are likewise to be expected when they want to pretend their congregation is much smaller than it actually is in order to shoehorn their way into the SS property.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 20:21 »
I notice that the hours of operation are no longer included, and now the "no overnight stays" is defined as being 11pm to 6am.  What is to prevent scientology from having staff members or sea org members work through the night, and sleep during the day at the org?

Narconon Reviews

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 20:42 »
Don't you know that some people just get that over-active BT at 2am sometimes and ITCH to spend a few thousand to audit it away?!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 22:11 »
I notice that the hours of operation are no longer included, and now the "no overnight stays" is defined as being 11pm to 6am.  What is to prevent scientology from having staff members or sea org members work through the night, and sleep during the day at the org?

Give them an inch.........
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 20:16 »
Give them an inch.........

And they go for another deferral.

But I do think the HOAs' badges with "Stop RZ0V-001" are really funny!

Raven

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 22:26 »
UGH yes its delayed again.
Lots of press was there to cover pretty much nothing

Anti rezoning badges were passed out by the HOA
Met a new protester. 

Bob the VP of sci international set behind us.  He's very talkative, but not about anything worth while. 

I heard the local npr ran a report abt the meeting this afternoon and it was biased in favor of the cult.  However, I cant find it anywhere on the net and I'm sleepy.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03 »
I heard the local npr ran a report abt the meeting this afternoon and it was biased in favor of the cult.  However, I cant find it anywhere on the net and I'm sleepy.

Let us know if you turn up this link.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"