Author Topic: Scientology and The Famous  (Read 1162 times)

Raven

Scientology and The Famous
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:06 »
This http://deadspin.com/5282254/whither-the-scientologist-athlete
Talks about John Brodie being a scientologists. Iw as unaware of this, but I don't cheer for the 49ers so no loss. 

However, The article notes this was written before TC had his many melt downs.  Brodie comes across as a much better ambassador of sci than anythign TC ever did.

So did TC snap, decide to go the "authority" route on his own, or was sci trying something new. 

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Re: Scientology and The Famous
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 19:44 »
People have different personalities, even when a layer of Scientology B.S. and programming is tacked on top.

Brodie may simply be a more pirvate, quiet person who does not feel the need to trumpet his personal space alien cult beliefs to the world, or to go tours promoting it to more countries who emphatically do not want any part of it. Unlike Cruise.

Also, there are levels of Scientology involvement, especially noticeable when comparing the "staff" / Sea Org members and the "public" / rank-and-file Scientologists. The more Kool-Aid that has been consumed seems to increase the level of zealotry and self-delusion. Brodie may not have consumed as much of the Scientology product / mind-screwing as Cruise has.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"