Author Topic: Taking bets on the next Celeb to Blow  (Read 2000 times)

FYIANON

Taking bets on the next Celeb to Blow
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:44 »
For those that are unaware Blow means escape co$

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Paddy-Power-welcomes-bets-on-next-celeb-to-ditch-Scientology-68651887.html

This is soooo something I would love to be involved in, but I'm soooo unaware of hollywood I'm not completly sure who is in the cult at this point. 

any title of the article is:

Huge Irish bookmaker Paddy Power wants bets on next star to ditch Scientology

I do not however think it will be John Traolta.  I have hope for Beck still.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Taking bets on the next Celeb to Blow
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 16:41 »
My bet is on Katie since she she chose a Catholic school for Suri. I don't think Travolta is ready yet.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Alp

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 10:58 »
I have to agree with mefree. Its going to be either Katie or someone that we have never heard of.

It looks like Travolta is sinking further in for some reason. Maybe the cult has some dirt on the guy?

Kirstie is way too "in" to blow anytime soon. Not sure on Beck or Juliette Lewis.
Religion is free. Scientology is neither.

Raven

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 13:14 »
I'm always amazed when I hear such and such blew and its someone I never heard of or knew was a scientologists.   I guess thats cause they aren't running around like poster boys for the cult.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 19:09 »
I can't see Beck blowing any time soon, considering news this past summer that Way to Happiness pamphlets were handed out at concerts, and Beck gave full support.

Katie Holmes would be believable.  TC and she have made too many public displays of "We're staying together!" that made me think it was more Tommy boy pressuring her into it, which will later give him the ability to guilt her into things for longer.  Maybe, as with so many men's schemes, it will ultimately push her in the opposite direction.

Otherwise, the biggest named Sci celebs I know of, are very deeply embedded and I doubt they would so soon leave.

I hold hope, however, that more public desertions of the cult will encourage more.  And the publicity will make many wonder why, and people who would otherwise not care, will soon be searching into reasons why people leave, and the public will be yet better informed against the cult.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 18:53 »
Well, I doubt it will be any Ribisis or Kirstie Alley or even Jenna Elfman. Maybe Greta von Susteren will get shamed into blowing.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 18:59 »
Katie is renegotiating her marriage contract with tom (Is he REALLY so tied with Sci that he needs to put everything on a contract basis?!  Sheesh ... love?  WHAT love?!)

So .. it seems either she'll deny the terms and leave, or reenlist for another three or so years.

One term: She's demanding more children (with a monetary reward for each, like she got for Suri, again)

Raven

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 07:23 »
Katie is renegotiating her marriage contract with tom (Is he REALLY so tied with Sci that he needs to put everything on a contract basis?!  Sheesh ... love?  WHAT love?!)

That sadly is the sci way of life.  They have a contract for everything

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 16:17 »
Bizarre, if it is true.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama