Author Topic: Surety and Completion cash bonds. Permit fee,s etc.  (Read 1468 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

It is to my understanding, several financial conditions must be met by the zoning variance applicant (Scientology) if a zoning variance with (conditions) is approved by the city of Sandy Springs. This is pertaining to the financial health of the entity applying for said zoning variances.

1- Has Church of Scientology of Georgia provided financial records to the city of Sandy Springs? Year to date tax records? Past open tax records and financial transactions/liens if any etc? Yearly church budget?

2- Is Church of Scientology financially able to post Surety and building completion cash bonds,permit fee,s and insurance if a variance with city mandated conditions is granted?

3- Is there publicly available records showing that money,s are in place to satisfy the completion of potential construction by the church of scientology of georgia?

4- What if any oversight does the city of Sandy Springs provide? i.e, fire code,electrical code,plumbing code,structural code or any other enforcement that pertains to the property owners legal satisfaction of approved zoning conditions to be met by the occupant per city of Sandy Springs and Georgia state law?

5- If a zoning variance with conditions is granted, what is the time line and or limit for completion of improvement construction and build out of said property? Is this time line available to the public?

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Surety and Completion cash bonds. Permit fee,s etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 17:48 »

3- Is there publicly available records showing that money,s are in place to satisfy the completion of potential construction by the church of scientology of georgia?

I don't know the answers to any of your questions, except possibly this one.  Galloway has said more than once that they are currently raising the money to do the renovation.  Read into this what you will.

Their web site shows about $1 million left to raise, but it hasn't been updated for some time.  They have now managed to get it off of the free hosting they had it on, I guess after they were shamed about it in public records.

http://atlantaidealorg.com
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Raven

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 20:45 »
gumby great finds, can u link me to them? i want to use it in my letters to the SS government

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 21:31 »
gumby great finds, can u link me to them? i want to use it in my letters to the SS government
I will dig for the stuff. Its somewhere in the codes/performance and permits SS site. In the meantime, read up on what a "Surety bond" is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surety_bond