Author Topic: Sandy Springs Ga City Council election set for 2009  (Read 2102 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Seats for the Mayor and six Council members in Sandy Springs are up for election during 2009. Qualified candidates may file for the November 3 non-partisan election between August 31 and September 4, 2009 by picking up a one-page affidavit from the City Clerk’s office at 7840 Roswell Road Building 500. The fee for qualifying is $750 for Mayor and $360 for Council.
According to the city charter the mayor and members of the council shall serve for terms of four years and until their respective successors are elected and qualified. Qualifications include:

Resident of the City of Sandy Springs for a continuous period of at least 12 months immediately prior to the date of the election for mayor or council member;
Shall continue to reside therein during that person’s period of service;
Continue to be registered and qualified to vote in municipal election of the City of Sandy Springs;
Residing in the council district the person seeks to represent for a continuous period of at least six months immediately prior to the date of the election; and
Continues to reside in such district during the person’s period of service.
If no candidate receives a majority vote for a position a runoff will be held on December 1, 2009.

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
Re: Sandy Springs Ga City Council election set for 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:08 »
Don't even look at me.  I've got enough on my plate.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 14:44 »
Seats for the Mayor and six Council members in Sandy Springs are up for election during 2009. Qualified candidates may file for the November 3 non-partisan election between August 31 and September 4, 2009 by picking up a one-page affidavit from the City Clerk’s office at 7840 Roswell Road Building 500.

Do you happen to know if any of the people currently holding these positions are eligible to be re-elected?  Considering that the citizens of SS, by and large, want the 5395 Roswell application denied, a ruling in August (if it is, in fact, done in August) could make or break their campaign. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 09:35 »
Don't even look at me.  I've got enough on my plate.

You'd certainly do a good job, if you had the time to devote to it!
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 11:38 »
I have yet to hear , who will or will not be running for mayor and city council. The filing of said paperwork would happen in late August 2009.

The next mayor and city council meeting on the so-called church of scientology,s zoning variance application, is scheduled for August 18th 2009.

Will we see this issue resolved on August 18th? Will another deferral occur? Will the outgoing current members act on this on the 18th?

Only time will tell.

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 11:48 »
Senator Johnny Isakson Launches 2010 Reelection Campaign .... 5920 Roswell Road Suite B-115 Sandy Springs, GA 30328-4922 · (404) 851-1444 ...

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 12:30 »
Senator Johnny Isakson Launches 2010 Reelection Campaign .... 5920 Roswell Road Suite B-115 Sandy Springs, GA 30328-4922 · (404) 851-1444 ...

He is running for reelection as a senator, right?  Is he relevant to Sandy Springs local zoning issues?  Can he do anything?

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions