Author Topic: Scientology "WIN!" article (so they think)  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Scientology "WIN!" article (so they think)
« on: June 19, 2009, 16:09 »
http://www.bignews.biz/?id=803769&keys=scientology-torquemada-inquisition-religion

Yes, I know it's a Scientology propaganda piece, and that it's ALL about the PR.

So ... does anyone know anything else about this story?  I think I saw a mention in one or two places on another forum, but no one went into any details; it was also just about the sign being set up.

Court Rules Against Scientology Hate Campaign

Religious Freedom has been battled throughout the European ages. Torquemada the great barbarian of the Spanish Inquisition is probably the most infamous.

But in a landmark decision for religious freedom in Germany, the Berlin Administrative Court ordered the immediate removal of anti-Scientology propaganda placed by the Berlin City Administration in front of the Church of Scientology of Berlin.

Shortly after dark on the evening of January 21, 2009, Berlin city officials placed a kiosk in front of the Berlin Scientology Church urging the public to “STOP SCIENTOLOGY,” and containing anti-Scientology propaganda.

The Court found that the City’s actions violated the Church’s right to religious freedom under Article 4 of the Constitution. In reaching these conclusions, the Court held that the City of Berlin had violated its duty of religious neutrality and its obligation to remain objective on religious matters. The Court also ruled that the City’s warning campaign served no justifiable purpose.

(((the article continues but that's the gist)))

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Re: Scientology "WIN!" article (so they think)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 22:44 »
The reasons behind the Berlin officials' actions are, of course, vastly different than the reasons Scientology claims.

I won't insult anyone's intelligence by doing their Googling for them, but Scientologists were a blight in Germany due to their casual disregard of "wog law," and their default argument when their abuses are pointed out is to cry "religious intolerance."

This may fly in America, where they have used barratry / harrassment via frivolous lawsuits to wear down legtiimate criticism and cry "bigotry" when people object, not to their BELIEFS, but to their ACTIONS. We can sure be dumb like that.

Europeans are not as dumb, and they are calling them on their dishonesty, and the cult's attempts to paint justifiable responses (to their illegal / amoral actions that HURT citizens of European countries) as being "intolerance" are desperate, untrue and laughable.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"