Author Topic: Another approach to SS rezoning?  (Read 5784 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Another approach to SS rezoning?
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:06 »
I haven't researched this, so I'm just tossing this in here for ideas and discussion.

I saw this post:
Breaking news on Super Power Building!

Approximately two weeks ago, Hardin Construction was fired as the general contractor for the Super Power Building. NOVA Construction was handed the job.

Hardin is a reputable construction company.

What does this mean? This means that Chip Hardy, owner of NOVA will let the cult run roughshod over this job just like Oak Cove and Ft. Homicide. This is not good for the poor Sea Orger's who will be used and abused. NOVA turns away and let's the cult work whoever they want however they want. Sea Orgers will work in that building 24/6.5. They get half a day off during the week to do personal things.

This also means that everything on the interior will be "V-E'd". V-E=Value equivalent. Which means that if an item they need for the building costs $1,000, they'll go looking for something that looks similar enough to fool everyone and it will cost much less. They'll install the cheaper product and save the cult money. The cult will still be able to tell their members that it cost that much and con them, but the interior will be made with cheap materials.

Will Super Power be Miscavige's last drive for money or will he try to maintain the con longer by finishing this building? Will Super Power finally be the gamble that doesn't pay off or are those $cilons who are left still sporting their blinders?

I solicited more info and got this back:

Hi,
NOVA wasn't involved in the abuse, but they let it go on.

The abuse was so intense on the Oak Cove Building job site that construction workers who worked for the sub-contractors on that job actually wrote out what they witnessed and were part of the information sent to Amnesty International last year.

The abuse was so much worse than what the SO members usually go through that some high-ranking public $ci's who work on staff contacted a longtime anti-$ci critic from the Clearwater area to ask that something be done to help these SO members. The $ci's couldn't do anything about it because all of them had family members in the SO in other locations and it wouldn't be safe for them to come forward. Of course, there was nothing this critic could do either other than to contact some of us Clearwater Anons to let us know this info.

If you haven't already done this, my suggestion would be to try to contact the construction workers on that job. Is there anyone in your cell in Georgia who already has construction contacts? Construction workers gossip as much as anyone else. Sometimes it's easier to befriend the sub-contractors on the job.

If this job is using Sea Org members to work and the abuse is as bad as it was down here in Clearwater? It will even bother the hard-ass construction workers. They will probably be willing to talk anonymously.

Amnesty International takes anonymous information.
They also take second-hand information. If you can't get someone to write up what they've seen? You can write it up for them.

Call Amnesty International Southern Division up there in Atlanta. Clearwater's contact at that office is Mana Kharrazi.

Here's her email address:

mkharrazi@aiusa.org

BUT I WOULD CALL AND ASK TO SPEAK TO HER FIRST. CALL THE PHONE NUMBER AND THROUGH THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM--YOU CAN GET TO MANA. HERE'S THE AI-SOUTHERN DIVISION INFO:

Southern Office
730 Peachtree Street NE
Suite 1060
Atlanta, GA 30308
phone: (404) 876-5661
fax: (404) 876-2276
1-866-A-REGION
aiusaso@aiusa.org

If you do find abuse, make sure Mana knows that this is a new case, a new job site in another state. Make sure you know that the information Clearwater sent is now being looked at in London and that you're in contact with us down here in Clearwater.

Good luck and PM me if there's anything else I can help with.

The person who replied was under the impression that construction had already started, but I informed them of the status.

I remember in one of the meetings that one of the SS people had said, in response to whether volunteers would work on the building, that they would be required to have professionals do renovations to the building.  We know scn will do whatever they want and hope they don't get caught.  Would this be worthwhile digging up more info on, and submitting to the mayor, city council, etc.?

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Raven

Re: Another approach to SS rezoning?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14 »
I remember the response, but its not in writing. Many things are not in writing in regards to SS rezoning and that makes me unhappy. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:00 by Raven »

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:54 »
If we're lucky, it won't get this far. If they don't get the rezoning that is desired, they can't HAVE construction crews there, amirite?
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 16:55 »
Good point, Lorelei.  But I'm not so completely convinced.  If they are in possession of the building, they may have the freedom to renovate as desired (granted remaining within certain parameters).  However, I think it may be a good idea if we were prepared with some information to hand any construction crew if we see any there.

I would highly recommend having something about the Scientology Dateline Paying system (simplified, of course), the contractor who made the news for not being paid, anything relevant that anyone else knows, of course with links to more information.

I'm not completely sure how much good an informative pamphlet would to for convincing a construction crew to actually *stop* their work on the building, since it is their means of eating etc.  But it may encourage them to begin asking for payment (at least in part) up front, and they will leave the job knowing about a dangerous cult.

I may start a little work on this later tonight xD

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 17:31 »
I was thinking maybe forewarned is forearmed.  One more potential issue the SS govt. will have to deal with if scn is approved may be the nail in the coffin?

Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 19:02 »
I agree with EC. It would not hurt to send them this information. It might help with some future decision-making.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 23:01 »
Georgia law requires that any renovation project (there might be an exception for personal residences) must be overseen by a licensed general contractor.  This law was passed relatively recently (last year, I think.)  Now, what that says about the other laborers, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that any licensed general contractor who does renovation with Sea Org labor runs the risk of LOSING that license if existing laws aren't followed.  Just sayin'.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 14:26 »
Georgia law requires that any renovation project (there might be an exception for personal residences) must be overseen by a licensed general contractor.  This law was passed relatively recently (last year, I think.)  Now, what that says about the other laborers, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that any licensed general contractor who does renovation with Sea Org labor runs the risk of LOSING that license if existing laws aren't followed.  Just sayin'.

I don't doubt what you say, but scientology does what it wants, whether it's illegal or not.  I am fairly certain that they have a member (or more) who are contractors.  I wonder what they would do if approached by their "church" to break the law, of course with promises of protection from being discovered doing so.  I'd like to read the law itself, and see what it says about other labor on the project.

I discovered this post, which seem to back up what the person I mentioned in the first post was saying:

I was one of the contractors involved with the Ft.Harrison renovation project, and the reason there was never anything done in the StupidPowerz building was because the skilled artisan labor costs would have in the hundreds of millions of dollars, and no contractors in the Southeast region would be willing to work for the small amount they were offering. They expected you to "donate" labor to a cause that isn't your own in the process in lieu of payment. So they are doing just like they did with the hotel, and that is keep it all in house with Sea Org members working around the clock at Gold Base and their Mill in Clearwater using slave tech.

Stu, if you're of such a mind, might you take a look around the net for something else to substantiate the NOVA/Sea Org labor story?  I think a letter containing this information sent to the proper SS govt. person might do some good.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 16:59 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:58 »
Well, I'm not finding much for details, except I'm finding loads of compliments from Scientology for NOVA.

There's a full calendar here, with the NOVA name all over it:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/library.php?t=Nova+Hotel+Renovation+and+Construction

http://www.1888pressrelease.com/church-of-scientology-usd70-+-million-hotel-renovations-with-pr-70798.html
Nova HRC, a leader in hotel and resort renovations has just completed a USD$30 Million hotel renovation of the Oak Cove Hotel for the Church of Scientology, and is in the process of renovating their historical Fort Harrison Hotel USD$40 Million.

Daytona Beach, FL (1888PressRelease) September 02, 2008 - Nova Hotel Renovation & Construction will continue to build its relationship with the Church of Scientology, and other immediate upcoming hotel and renovation projects are being planned.

“The renovations of the Oak Cove Hotel and Fort Harrison in Clearwater, Florida are four and five diamond hotels
respectively, and we as a company were honored to be selected from the who’s who list of top General Contractors in North America” said Simone Azzam, EVP of Nova HRC. “Our team members strive for perfection and working on these two projects side by side with the Church of Scientology certainly reflects details and quality second to none” added Azzam.
etc.

This is almost the same thing, so I'm assuming it's from a copypasta press release sent as far and wide as the cult could manage:
http://www.pressreleasenetwork.com/newsroom/news_view.phtml?news_id=2587

And I can't help but laugh:
“They are a major force downtown, and they take good care of properties they own,” said Laura St. Clair, senior consultant at Colliers Arnold and a member of Clearwater Downtown Partnership’s advisory board. “They are a draw and create tremendous opportunities.”
http://anotherlookatscientology2.blogspot.com/2009/02/fort-harrison-hotel-and-flag-building.html

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 14:03 »
Well, back on NOVA:  It seems a sub-contractor hired for the recent renovations has take out a lien for non-payment.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 16:03 »
Do we think the SS decision-makers might be interested in this example of Dateline Paying (or whatever their fail tech is called)?

Also, I think the statements by residents of Clearwater that followed the SPT articles might be of interest, especially the guy who goes 30 minutes out of his way to avoid taking a direct route through Scilonville, and the woman who refuses to shop there because of the Scilon presence that makes non-cultists feel creeped out.

If those are used, it wouldn't hurt to note that this state of affairs was reached after the Scilons had years to manipulate local government and do whatever they liked due to a combination of flouting rules and "wog laws" and using the "it is easier to apologize than ask permission" method by simply doing what they want but then not even bothering to apologize later.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 21:10 »
Dateline Paying is outlined in the "How to Run an Org or Mission" manual, here:

http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Scientology_cult:_Howto_run_an_Org_or_mission
   Narconon Reviews