Author Topic: Scientology government influence memo  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Scientology government influence memo
« on: June 27, 2009, 10:48 »
John Coale has issued a memo, and it has fortunately been leaked!  It's a bit scary.  Apparently, Scientology is working on another form of government influence.

http://gawker.com/5185546/

Summary and header:

How Scientologists can take responsibility for and BE AT CAUSE OVER the Fourth Dynamic

The fourth dynamic is the urge for survival of man as a species. All of the races of man together constitute the fourth dynamic.

Wait, what's that?! to be "at cause" over all of mankind?!  The way they believe their OT powers make them "at cause" over matter, time, and space?!  This seems to be another directive to not just largely infuence the government, but to gain some sort of control.  First paragraph omitted, bolded for emphasis, page 1:

One congressman quite bluntly told us that if we i.e. adherants to the Scientology religion) were serious about creating any kind of substantive power base in D.C. we would have to plug into this formula.  He said that no matter how unfortunate, most politicians simply do not respond or take action on an issue because it is "right" or for altrusitic reasons.  Per this congressman (and has been repeated by many in D.C. who are politically experienced) most politicians respond to the hand that feeds them -- and their food is MONEY and VOTES.

It is not possible for the Church to get directly involved in political campaigns.  the Church must comform to the mandates of current non-profit tax law which prohibits it from gatting directly involved in this MONEY and VOTES game.  Even the newly established Washington, D.C. based Office of Public Affairs is limited in its lobby activities to the "no substantive part of its (Church of Scientology International corporation) activities" language of the tax exemption law.

The point is that the Church doesn't need any more headaches from the IRC, but at the same teim it is important for Scientology to plug into this MONEY and VOTES formula in order to secure safepoints in this key political power arena for the long haul and also to create positive effects on this society.

Scientologists themselves, however, as individual citizens and voters, can take a role in this game as create a power base for the goals and purposes of Scientology.  One of the most successful ways to play this game is via what is called a Political Action Committee, or PAC.

I think this, on the next page, says a lot about another facet of their goals as well as confirms the former:

What a PAC does is solicit funds and then distribute them by making contributions to candidates for elected office and/or to political parties.  A PAC can also support a candidate by assisting in fund raising activities.  This normally entails purchase of tickets to fundraisers (where one gets to mis with candidates and their staff and to get to know people).

OK, so influencing politicians and political parties, and collecting funds, distributing them as the PAC sees fit.  Win-win for Scientology, they think. 

The memo goes on to explain how a single donation at the legal max can put them in top favor with any candidate or party.  Also, they'll collect personal information from all donors -- it legally must be done by a PAC, true, and the memo points this out as well as their apparent transparency.  But this seems possibly more to me.  To you?

The memo goes on for page after page after page.  I recommend the read!  and i *DO* recommend forwarding Scientology translations to representatives!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:14 by Stutroup »

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Re: Sceintology government influence memo
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 17:50 »
For those who wish, here's a link to the images int eh article ... just to save some trouble xD

http://rapidshare.com/files/249372166/John_Coale_Memo.zip.html

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Re: Sceintology government influence memo
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 19:42 »
I strongly suggest that copies of this memo be given to the Sandy Springs pols BEFORE they vote on the zoning.

Perhaps also copies should be sent to GA politicians in general, with an explanation why we think this is heinous and won't stand for it if the pols fall for it.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Re: Scientology government influence memo
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 19:12 »
I'm working on a letter for Sandy Springs government folks.  Though the memo does specify the PAC will only be for the federal level, i still see how it is completely relevant.

I also jsut re-read it, and I seem to have seen a couple things I missed before:

From page 8; Am I the only one who reads that as saying mental illness should only be treated by religious bodies?

On pages 5 and 10, there's a bit of info that seems to fit too well: Financial stuff.  One says no political donations will be taken until $50k is raised.  And that the council over the PAC will determine how that is used internally, besides the donations to politicians.  I will look, but there's something else mentioning $2,500 monthly donations to the PAC ... that seems a bit steep to keep a small staff whose purpose is making political contributions ... hmmm .....

edit:  The above's hypocrisy became apparent in yet another way:  It reads like they are wanting to raise $50k before registering, when they must register ten days within their first thousand.  Anyone else see this?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 21:54 by Stutroup »

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 21:50 »
May or may not be relevant: there were some rumblings about John (?) Coale and Greta van Susteren (Scientologists) trying to woo the Palins during the last Presidential race. Coale is van Susterin's husband; van Susterin is a news commentator on FOX News.

Van Susterin denies any wrong-doing or inappropriate behavior, of course. Your milage may vary, once you poke around for the details.

The Human Wiki.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 21:55 »
Well, since I made it to send to Sandy Springs officials, here's the PDF of the memo:

http://rapidshare.com/files/250518914/John_Coale_Memo.pdf.html

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 00:04 »
Augh. I meant that there were additional news stories about this very topic. Didn't mean to basically mirror what you just said. :P

I'm tired.

The Human Wiki.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 04:03 »
I just wanted to make the memo a little more accessible than just a series of images.

I know what you meant.  There are a lot of claims about their involvement with Sarah Palin.  But most of it would be too easily ignored as conjecture, and would have sent me on such a tangent that I'm not so sure it would have been right for the letter.