Author Topic: Sandy Springs zoning opposition  (Read 47538 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Re: Sandy Springs zoning opposition
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 00:27 »
I mentioned their "Dateline Paying Tech" earlier, and although info has been posted here, this may supplement that:

From one of Jeff Jacobsen's sites:

Originally Posted by Jeff Jacobsen:
Hubbard wrote that the church was to use a "Dateline Paying" method of paying bills, which means a date in the past is selected according to how much money the department has, and then any bills due past that date are paid. "Tell Accounts, 'Give me every bill we owe prior to August (three months ago).' Add these up. Let's say the amount exceeds our cash. Cut it back one month. Order 'Write cheques for every bill up to July 1.' (That's four months back.) That we can cover fully with cash." (HCOPL of 28 January 1965, "How to Maintain Credit Standing & Solvency")

If important bills are overdue and threats are coming in, "Still try to use the above system. But if you can't, pay it and retard other bills accordingly. And thereafter, don't pay that outfit's bill on any other terms than threatened trouble... Be very proud and haughty about bills. NEVER propitiate." (ibid.)

"In the case of a tradesman demanding for a bill only slightly overdue you will usually find they have done poor work or slow work if you're at all solvent and paying your bills. Don't say 'We're too poor and we can only send you a little but we will try.' ... Say properly 'I don't see that your bill is much overdue. It takes a bit of time to pay a bill you know. I will check over your account and see if it is all right. And by the way, people who dun us either have insufficient finance to handle our business or something is wrong with their bill. I am setting your bill aside for audit and if you call again about it, we will sever the account." (HCOPL of 28 March 1965, "Emergencies and Accounts Personnel")

"Disbursement NEVER pays from a received bill alone. All bills received are first filed in the Disbursement files. Then the file is reviewed as a whole when the time comes to pay bills. It is forbidden to short circuit this line and pay bills just as they drop into the In basket. They are filed. Then all files are reviewed once a month, summated and the result entered in a statement sheet in the file folder and on a Bills Summary Sheet.... when thereafter requested to do so, the Disbursement Section makes out the cheques as indicated or readies the cash." (HCOPL of 6 May 1964, "Accounts Policies").

It appears that bills must go through a lengthy bureaucratic paper shuffle before payment is finally made.

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/construction.htm
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 15:32 »
Got this in my email from the condo association:

REMINDER - PLANNING COMMISSION MEETS AT 7pm on THURSDAY, JULY 16 to hear the application by the Church of Scientology to use 5395 Roswell Road as a Church.

Eight Civic or Homeowners Associations have made formal objections to the proposal and over 500 individuals have either sent letters/e-mails or signed petitions.

Those presenting the objections at Thursday's meeting are looking for strong support from objectors in person. They wish to be able to demonstrate to the Planning Commission that they have a large body of supporters in the public gallery, who are prepared to turn out and not just leave it to a small number to make the case.

We urge you to attend.

I'll be there, barring disaster.  Off to draft a statement--may run it past y'all if I have time.

Raven

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 15:37 »
Ultra I sadly won't be able to make it.  I know you guys will do great!

I persoanlly love to read stuffs

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 23:28 »
*Calendar Tech FAIL*

Never mind! :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:00 by Lorelei »
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 19:57 »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2009, 21:48 »
Local news coverage: http://www.wsbtv.com/video/20436381/index.html

It's a relatively short blurb of a story, but it's a step in the right direction!  Jovita Moore, the reporter on the story, covers the main points briefly but well, and I think the mentioned petition should get the public's greater attention.

Also, I uploaded the video to YouTube.  I have the file, still, so if anyone wants it, feel free to download from my channel or I can maybe upload the video and post a download link.

HOWEVER I suggest watching the video on the news site!  Several times!  Give them traffic!  Let them know what we're concerned about!

I even suggest some telephone calls to thank them for posting it, for informing the public on the issue.

(This should work; the video is still processing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcnmoHBxSY

Also, thank you for posting the link!  I'm glad I checked the forum before bed.

=========

I can't stop making edits! 

OK: 

Their attendance numbers have changed again!  Scientology's claim for the report is 150 every Sunday!

Also, I'm SO glad there's a tight close-up on shoddy shutters!

That's it; I'm off to bed finally xD
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 21:58 by Stutroup »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2009, 22:54 »
Thanks for the summary.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009, 16:02 »
OK, so now I REALLY encourage people to at least write!  I don't know how deeply it's being read, but seriously, the emails and letters are read.  Mine just received a response.  It's a form-type response, but an appropriate one for a "thank you for covering this" letter.

talk2us [at] wsbtv [dot] com

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2009, 23:32 »
Tonight's meeting:
It's been deferred again.  Back to the Planning Commission again in Sept, and to the Mayor and City Council in October.  Some 11th hour submittals will be available as public record sometime before the next meeting.  Word is they're still fighting to get approval to enclose the basement parking.

My opinion: Galloway and scientology are playing the "drag it out in court" game, hoping their opponents will be worn down by the delays, and be too tired to care.  Apparently they don't realize it just buys more time to inform more people.   ;D

Narconon Reviews

Offline SirBedevere

• Met Xenu
  • Pain = Growth
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2009, 10:52 »
And cost them more lawyer $time$.

Raven

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2009, 08:46 »
for those of us lacking the net skills to find the new info on the ss website abt the rezoning would some on be kind enough to provide me with tutorial or a link?

I fail the nets

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2009, 10:29 »
 After Woodson Galloways 11th hour hail mary pass, i would hope the Planning commission settles this once and for all. The last time Woodson Galloway crossed swords with the Planning commission, a member was quoted as saying this issue has dragged on for months. So, the Planning commission adopted staff recommendations, voted on those recommendation, then passed that on to the Mayor and city council.

This 11th hour AND by the way, not meeting the cities criteria on submittal deadlines seems to be a tactical move on the part of attorney Woodson Galloway. This issue going back to the planning commission, imho does not bode well for Galloway. It is more than apparent the commission has great faith in its staffs ability to be both professional and fair. What could be such a dramatic change, that Galloway has sought another deferral? Buying time? I personally can not wait to see this NEW angle in which Dillard and Galloway are traveling down. When will this material be publicly available?

I would like to forward the WHOLE Sandy Springs information package to ALL the local television and news channels. Sometimes we citizens need to assist our media outlets with factual information.

Offline SirBedevere

• Met Xenu
  • Pain = Growth
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2009, 11:10 »
Who is Woodson Galloway?  Apologies if it was posted earlier, but I did to a search and only ST's article came up.

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 11:42 »
Who is Woodson Galloway?  Apologies if it was posted earlier, but I did to a search and only ST's article came up.

Woodson "Woody" Galloway is the lawyer representing the CoS in this zoning matter.  He is not a Scientologist, but is taking their money anyway.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 11:58 »
for those of us lacking the net skills to find the new info on the ss website abt the rezoning would some on be kind enough to provide me with tutorial or a link?

I just posted some information (and a tutorial) here: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,398.msg2396.html#msg2396 before I saw your post. 

The latest packet is here: http://www.sandysprings-ga.org/agendas/MCC/2009-0818/MCC_08182009_Reg_007.pdf

It does not contain the very latest submittals from Galloway and co.  I believe that will (or should, at least) come before the next Planning Commission meeting.  Sandy Springs seems to be having trouble dealing with the mountain of information needing to be posted.

Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2009, 19:50 »
   Narconon Reviews

Raven

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 19:48 »
next one is...(for those of us to lazy to type the word google in)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2009, 15:27 »
So! I wonder if we will get some media coverage tonight?