Author Topic: 3 Exes harassed and stalked for their letters to Sen. Xenophon  (Read 2049 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
This article was in an Australian newspaper. 

Scientologists probe
ROSIE SQUIRES. Sunday Telegraph. Surry Hills, N.S.W.: Dec 27, 2009. pg. 35

POLICE are investigating claims three former Church of Scientology members, whose experiences of church abuse were tabled in federal Parliament, have been harassed and stalked since going public.

((C) Copyright Nationwide News Pty Limited)

POLICE are investigating claims three former Church of Scientology members, whose experiences of church abuse were tabled in federal Parliament, have been harassed and stalked since going public.

Three of the seven former Scientology members whose letters were tabled by Independent Senator Nick Xenophon in Parliament last month allege they have been harassed since speaking out against the church.

Senator Xenophon will be contacting Australian Federal Police to investigate the matter.

"The federal police need to look at this issue because if anyone is bullied and frightened into silence, our democratic system is put at risk."

Former Scientology member Paul Schofield claimed that he was being stalked by members of the church.

"The same blue Holden Statesman turns up outside my work every damn day and just sits there to try to intimidate me," Mr Schofield told The Sunday Telegraph.

"It did spook me at the beginning, but I've realised we can't give in to these tactics."

Last month, Senator Xenophon spoke in Parliament about Mr Schofield's daughter, who died at the church's Sydney headquarters.

A Scientology spokeswoman, Virginia Stewart, disputed Senator Xenophon's claims.

Carmel Underwood, who also wrote to Senator Xenophon as part of a campaign to have a Senate inquiry into the Church of Scientology launched, said she believed that her dog, Polly, had been poisoned last weekend.

"On Saturday night, our little dog started having a seizure," Ms Underwood said. "We took her straight to the vet and she had her stomach pumped and luckily survived.

"The vet told us she had eaten snail pellets but we don't use snail pellets, nor have we ever used them."

Ms Underwood, who was heavily involved in the Church of Scientology for 18 years, has reported the incident to police.

Sydneysider Kevin Mackay claims the church has spread rumours about him to other members and friends.

"I think the Senate should have launched an investigation immediately," he said. "They've waited too long now.

"This is the Mafia of religion. Who knows what they are capable of?"

Senator Xenophon said he would ensure these actions were investigated and those responsible brought to justice.

"Bullies, whoever they are, can't be allowed to get away with this," he said.

"Every Australian should be concerned if people feel intimidated from speaking out about important issues because of the actions of others.

"I believe every Australian politician needs to speak out on this issue. That's the only way ordinary Australians will feel safe to speak out."

Credit: By ROSIE SQUIRES

The letters have been posted by Jonny Jacobsen and can be read here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/23995913/Xenophon-Senate-Letters

Jonny has also been discussing the letters one by one on his blog:

Infinite Complacency: The Letters filed to Senate
Infinite Complacency: 2 Aaron Saxton's letter I: Australia
Infinite Complacency: 3 Saxton's letter II: in the US
Infinite Complacency: 4 The Etheridge letters
Infinite Complacency: 5 Paul Schofield┬┤s Letter
Infinite Complacency: 6 Kevin Mackey's Letter
Infinite Complacency: 7 The Underwoods┬┤ Letters

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: 3 Exes harassed and stalked for their letters to Sen. Xenophon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:00 »
From Wikipedia:

"Hubbard detailed his rules for attacking critics in a number of policy letters, including one often quoted by critics as "the Fair Game policy." This allowed that those who had been declared enemies of the Church, called "suppressive persons" or simply "SP," "May be deprived of property or injured by any means... May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." (taken from HCOPL Oct. 18, 1967 Issue IV, Penalties for Lower Conditions )

The aforementioned policy was canceled and replaced by HCOPL July 21, 1968, Penalties for Lower Conditions. The wordings "May be deprived of property or injured by any means... May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." are not found in this reference.[12] Scientology critics argue that only the term but not the practice was removed. To support this contention, they refer to "HCO Policy Letter of October 21, 1968" which says: "The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad public relations. This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP."

X-friend once told me that if you change the name you use to identify something, then that thing ceases to exist, and a brand new thing is created (I paraphrase). Scientologists actually believe this patent nonsense.

Does not cancel any policy! Forty years later, and the Hubbardites still have not figured out the difference between Scientology and Science - in Science, when the facts do not match the theory, you change the theory. In Scientology, you just keep making the same stoopid mistakes over and over, year after year... I guarantee the cult can make a 'plausible denial' that these behaviors were not instigated by the church, but after so many years of the same things happening to critics the world over, particularly to former members who speak out, I do not think a rational person can draw any other conclusion. Once is Happenstance; twice may be coincidence; but the hundredth time?

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:56 »
X-friend once told me that if you change the name you use to identify something, then that thing ceases to exist, and a brand new thing is created (I paraphrase). Scientologists actually believe this patent nonsense.]X-friend once told me that if you change the name you use to identify something, then that thing ceases to exist, and a brand new thing is created (I paraphrase). Scientologists actually believe this patent nonsense.
That is a new one on me an it actually explains a lot. Utter nonsense, as you say.

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 21:23 »
X-friend once told me that if you change the name you use to identify something, then that thing ceases to exist, and a brand new thing is created (I paraphrase). Scientologists actually believe this patent nonsense.

That takes ontology to some . . . interesting levels, I must say.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 03:15 »
I am getting tired of hearing about pet cats and dogs being (allegedly) poisoned by Scientologists. Enough, already. This must be the eighth or ninth incident I've heard about (RIP MUDKIPS CASAROV), and it is unconscionable.

No matter how angry someone may be at an animal's owner, it is inexcusable to cause harm to a poor dumb beast who can't adequately defend itself and which is probably overly trusting of humans in general.

Jerks.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"