Author Topic: Clearing Turkey  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Clearing Turkey
« on: July 14, 2009, 23:18 »
Scientologists claim "Turkey is a backwards country full of Moslims" that need Scientologists to straighten them out:

It's better to laugh than to cry. Amirite? :(
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Clearing Turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 17:00 »
It's better to laugh than to cry. Amirite? :(

Actually, if you want laughs: I'm looking into whether there's any way to contact the Turkish Government.  Sadly, I've lost contacts with my friends over there.  Otherwise, this would be very easy!

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Clearing Turkey
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 19:04 »
An ex-BF who lived in Turkey briefly reported that the Xtians, Jews and Muslims all live together there in a state of harmony, for the most part. However, ballsy, ill-informed cultists swarming into Turkey eager to "educate" the "stupid, ignorant Moslems" would not go over very well, I don't think.

The Human Wiki.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Clearing Turkey
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 19:25 »
An ex-BF who lived in Turkey briefly reported that the Xtians, Jews and Muslims all live together there in a state of harmony, for the most part.

Yeah, that's about it.  Basically, part of the way the government enforces this is a proselytizing law: one can't try to convert someone else, but someone may freely ask another about beliefs.

I guess to clarify, if I were there I could ask any Muslim questions about their faith.  But I could not walk up to someone and attempt to convert that person to anything I happened to believe.

I think that, the implied use of front groups to infiltrate (and spread Scientology), along with the domination desires and the fact that other nations have banned or brought criminal charges against Scientology would be a big push if I could only find contact information.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Clearing Turkey
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 20:05 »
....AND, since Scientology is ALL ABOUT converting and indoctrinating, I doubt the Turkish government will look kindly upon such shenanigans.

You might try asking around for Turkish critics, or people who might have Turkish contacts.

The Human Wiki.