Author Topic: Scientology as Neighbors, LRH Way (L.A.)  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Scientology as Neighbors, LRH Way (L.A.)
« on: July 17, 2009, 03:05 »
Video shot on LRH Way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R4VB1dhaPk

Video taken by a critic (Roan) - Residents of LRH Way express their outrage from living next to a nasty cult.

NOTE: The references to "The Shrine" are not religious references; they refer to The Shrine Auditorium (IIRC, this is where the public wake for Michael Jackson's body was held). The CoS shuts down LRH Way nearly every weekend to hold events (they are shutting it down EVERY WEEK IN JULY, including the Independence Day holiday weekend, when many of the neighbors wanted to hold parties and gatherings at their homes and could not, because the streets and sidewalks were closed off). The angry neighbor who posted the signs is basically saying that the Scientologists are being cheap and are not renting out a suitable venue like The Shrine, and are instead forcing the neighbors to involuntarily host these large gatherings and be inconvenienced and have to deal with the CoS's  loud and frequent events and street / sidewalk closings.

Also of note is that these Scientologists do not hold "large events off-site" (as would be appropriate for large crowds),  as the SS Scientologists have sworn to do. They close the streets and hold them at their Org, despite neighborhood objections and inconvenience. Something to be VERY VERY adamant about when discussing this zoning: NO street closures (less of an issue at a major intersection such as the one in SS than it is at a smaller brick-topped cross-street such as the former Berendo St.  / LRH Way, but still, worth being firm about), NO loud and frequent events / parties at night and almost every weekend, NO parking overflow into residential communities or side streets.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:22 by Lorelei »
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Scientology as Neighbors, LRH Way (L.A.)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 17:12 »
I saw this too Lor and thought it was very pertinent to our interests in SS.

Thanks for posting it here.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Re: Scientology as Neighbors, LRH Way (L.A.)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 00:18 »
The similarities are really underscored by Rev. Bob's attitude at the 7/16 meeting, where the Scis focused only on WHAT THEY WANT, and did not offer any reassurances to the locals.

The main difference is that LRH Way is not a major intersection, and that these are small, single-family homes and apartments (IIRC).

My assumption is that they could not get a permit to inconvenience everyone with a road closing, but they could, and would, hold loud bashes until late at night, with "guards" glaring at everyone passing by, etc.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"