Author Topic: SS org value WTF?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
SS org value WTF?
« on: December 14, 2009, 21:21 »

I will be filming with great interest the SS meeting on tuesday 12/15/09.

In the meantime, I came across this. Check out THE CURRENT APPRAISED FAIR MARKET value of the Roswell rd property compared to the 2007 APPRAISED FAIR MARKET value.

http://www.fultoncountytaxes.org/FULTONIWR/11b1_tax_bill.asp?txtParcelID=17%20-0069-0001-051-4&txtRequestingPage=11a_depts_property_taxes_results.asp

5395 ROSWELL RD    2026804                                                                                         $6,051,700

Property Owner    Parcel Identification   Description    User ID
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF GEORGIA INC    17 -0069-0001-051-4    Real Estate    IWR

Is this a typo SIX MILLION FIFTY ONE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED ?

Compared to 2007  TWO MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THIRTY TWO THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED        $2,832,800

Raven

Re: SS org value WTF?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 22:16 »
thought the market was down

Offline Aquaman

• Met Xenu
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:36 »
Wait... does a county civil servant do the number crunching to determine the "fair market value" (which seems to be totally separate from appraised value, though that may just be my ignorance showing) of listed properties, or is some other party responsible?

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:03 »
They COULD be taking into account all those expensive wood panels and HDTVs. *laugh*
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 20:25 »
I got this information from a lurker:

I saw on TP several posts where folks were perplexed at the fair market value of 5395 Roswell Road.  I can explain.  Fulton County, which obviously Sandy Springs falls into, had not done a physical assessment of commercial properties in over 10+ years.  It was ridiculous how lax they had been! They finished that assessment cycle about 9 months to a year ago.  That is why you see such a drastic increase in the value of 5395 Roswell Road.  It had not been assessed in many years. 

If you look at other commercial properties in Sandy Springs you will see the same.  Now is the property worth $6,051,700? I highly doubt it based on the current economy (glut of commercial buildings in ATL) and the deteriorating condition of the building.  C of S would never ask for the building to reassessed because they obviously don't pay property taxes.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions