Author Topic: [Formerly Fooled] Scientology and McCarthyism or How It Tries to Control Hollywood - Part 1  (Read 5110 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology and McCarthyism or How It Tries to Control Hollywood - Part 1
16 January 2010, 8:59 pm

I came across something the other day that reminded me of how Scientology makes it's members follow the way of McCarthyism when it comes to it's members. Thank God for people who speak out. That is what this post is about, today.

Marc Headley, former Scientologist and author of the riveting Blown for Good – Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology posted an important, interesting and insightful bit of information over at the Why We Protest forum.

What Headley aka blownforgood posted was a  snapshot of Super Scientologist & character actor Jim Meskimen's Facebook showing him warning a few select Scientologists that they "have a guy named Marc Headley" on their facebook.

I was reminded that this is how Scientology really does things to stop free speech and perpetuate Scientology's Disconnection Policy. The cult usually assigns Scientology celebrities a handler or minder if they are big stars so they don't fly the coop. In Katie Holmes case, it is Jessica Feshbach Rodrigues. For the lesser known celebs' the cult can usually rely upon the most indoctrinated of members, like Jim Meskimen, to "Keep Scientology Working" by forwarning the flock to beware of the people whom the church may consider it's enemy. It's all part of Scientology's Fair Game practice. 

In this case, Meskimen messed up. He picked the wrong guy to pull this baloney on because the reply is a kind but strong reminder to Meskimen that he should stop acting like an unamerican idiot and stop poking at others friendships like big brother. Let's hope he gets the point.

Now, rumor has it that the replyer , actor Tom McCafferty,worked in the past for Scientology celebrities like Tom Cruise. His military and acting history suggests he would have made a good one. I mean, look at this guy!

What I do know is that he's a former scientologist now, a talented actor and by his reply, well, he seems like he 'ain't afraid of nothin'. You can't beat that combination.~~~~FormerlyFooled ~FormerlyFooled~ FormerlyFooled~~~~

reply at http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/morgan101us/Meskimen.png

Source: Formerly Fooled and Finally Free From The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 22:35 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology and McCarthyism or How It Tries to Control Hollywood - Part 2
16 January 2010, 11:50 pm

In Part 1, I write about Marc Headley's post on ARS where Super Scientologist and actor Jim Meskimen wrote on Facebook to 4 'celebs' he presumed to still be involved with Scientology, warning them about having super cool Scientology critic and former member Marc Headley on their facebook.

I decided to go and look over Meskimen's facebook and see what else was there, because, as one knows, a fool always leaves a trail where ever they go.

Much to my surprise, I saw a conversation he initiated with another 'scientologist' celebrity comedian and actor named Josh Robert Thompson who I had just recently come to know as being involved in Scientology while researching the answer to Gawker's  "Who's the Other Scientologist In... " Avatar pseudo contest in an article written by Ravi Somaiya. Seems that there is this phenomena in Hollywood where you will always find that celebrity scientologists actors work in pairs and I found that Josh Robert Thompson is indeed in Avatar - The Game with the article's featured Scientology actor, Giovanni Ribisi.

Since I wanted to win the ( fake ) Hot Air Balloon prize, I set about to find who was in the Avatar movie that could possible be a scientologist. I read all the names on the IMDB list but none was familiar. See as I was stumped, I let it go for a few days. That's when I came across Marc Headley's post. So out of curiosity, I go over and visit Jim Meskimen's Facebook Wall and who do I see has been commenting there but the famous Josh Robert Thompson aka "Fake Arnold", whose name was on the cast list for Avatar - The Game movie! To verify that he is a scientologist, I googled his name and the word scientology. Sure enough, there was a press release written confirming the connection to Meskimen and scientology. He'd done a skit promoting L Ron Hubbard's ficton works for Scientology's Galaxy Press. I got pretty excited and went over to Gawker and posted the links showing that Josh Robert Thompson is probably the 2nd Scientologist in the movie with Ribisi.

A day after my comment was up at Gawker, I see that it was deleted by the editors! Ummmm. STRANGE. So I decided to go back to Meskimen's Wall and read all the comments, thinking that maybe I had it wrong. Maybe Thompson wasn't a scientologist after all. Then I found this:

Well, this confirms several things. Thompson is indeed a scientologist and was supposed to be at the Shrine Auditorium for Scientology's Dec 27th annual New Years Eve event and HE DID'NT GO!! Meskimen asks if Thompson went because "I didn't see you there". ( handler alert!!). Poor guy, apparently the he missed 2 events and with Meskimen as his handler, and.... well, you get to see how Scientology Celebrity Centre works! Right on Facebook, lol. 

Thompson replied that he didn't end up making it, adding that "my New Year resolution: is to tie myself to a chair and watch screenings of TWO events." Oh boy........

This is what came to mind:

For some background, only scientologists go to these things and are monitored for going to these things, believe me. Anyone who has ever been a scientologist, even one of those members who the church counts as such who has only bought one book and is still on their mailing list 30 years later, knows that events, such as this one being discussed in the comment, are like torture to have to attend but the pressure to conform is so bizarre that if you don't really want to be there, tough luck on you. Somehow you find yourself there anyway, whether or not you. It's no party, these events. It's 3-4 hrs of listening to the leader discuss Scientology's current year 'successes' and the next year plans for expansion and all the anti psych stuff members can be talked into. Lets just say that it's painful.

It sort of looks like how Thompson appears to feel (bottom left, in the DARK brown suit) at the Galaxy Press table  for the AARP Golden Age of Pulp Fiction Stories event:

He gave a humorous 'oops, I got caught" reply to Meskimen but didn't someone tell Josh Robert Thompson that jokers are not tolerated in scientology? Let's hope he finds Marc Headley on his Facebook friend's list :)~~~~FormerlyFooled ~FormerlyFooled~ FormerlyFooled~~~~

Source: Formerly Fooled and Finally Free From The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 18:40 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.