Author Topic: [Google] Church of Scientology Reports Record Growth - ToTheCenter.com (blog)  (Read 1550 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Church of Scientology Reports Record Growth - ToTheCenter.com (blog)
20 January 2010, 2:25 am

Church of Scientology Reports Record Growth
ToTheCenter.com (blog)

The Church of Scientology has announced that 2009 marked its biggest expansion in membership and facilities since its inception in 1954 by science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard.

Boasting over 8,000 churches, the Church of Scientology opened a digital printing and manufacturing plant last year in Los Angeles that will serve the purpose of producing CDs, DVDs and various printed media such as books, pamphlets and flyers. According to David Miscavige, the Church of Scientology
’s leader, the Church also completed a four-year endeavor to produce some 32 films that will depict Scientology religious text Dianetics in a visual medium.

New churches and Scientology centers were opened in Washington, D.C., Nashville, Dallas, Malmo, Sweden and Rome. Additionally, the Church finished a $40 million renovation on its headquarters, the Fort Harrison Hotel in Clearwater, Florida. It also gained affiliations among groups in various nations, bringing its affiliation total to 165.

All of the Church’s expansions have effectively doubled its property holdings and assets internationally, compared to 2004 figures.

more at http://tothecenter.com/news.php?readmore=12157
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:07 by ethercat »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
It is easy to claim expansion when you can pull stats out of thin air or your butt and manipulate these imaginary numbers any way you like...much like the Sci population in Atlanta mysteriously expanded and contracted depending on what their goal of the moment happened to be.

Census stats disagree with this "expansion" lie, polls in various countries disagree, recent exes disagree and I have no doubt that the upcoming census will embarrass them further. We know this; the people the cult hopes to convince--current True Believers--won't question what they are told all that much.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Because we all agree that the main thing of importance about a church is "property holdings and assets," right?   ::)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions