Author Topic: Another Narconon affiliate  (Read 38629 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Another Narconon affiliate
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 21:50 »
More about Novus; seems they are trying to effect legislation:
http://www.newsguide.us/health-medical/addiction/Novus-Medical-Detox-and-the-Prescription-Addiction-Radio-Show-Unveil-New-Website-to-Petition-FDA-to-Ban-OxyContin/

Novus Medical Detox and the Prescription Addiction Radio Show Unveil New Website to Petition FDA to Ban OxyContin

Novus Medical Detox and the Prescription Addiction Radio Show have created a new website, www.BanOxycontin.com, to gather signatures on a petition to the FDA to ban the substance that they claim is essentially the molecular equivalent of heroin.

Tampa, FL May 13, 2009 -- A new website, http://www.BanOxycontin.com, designed to gather signatures on a petition was unveiled after a recent meeting before the FDA. The United States Federal Drug Administration held an "invitation only" meeting on May 5, 2009 in Rockville, Maryland, as an opportunity to gather testimony about the need for serious restrictions on the use of narcotic opioids such as OxyContin and methadone. Invited to this meeting were Steven L. Hayes, Director of Novus Medical Detox Center, Larry Golbom, pharmacist and host of the Prescription Addiction Radio Show on WGUL in Tampa, Marti Hottenstein of HARMD, Dr. Art Van Zee, Pete Jackson and other members of the Advocates For Prescription Opioid Drug Reform (APODR).

There's more at the link above.  You know, it's bad enough for them to use Hubbard's pseudoscientific mishmash to get people off drugs, but trying to legislate everyone else's lives is what really irks me.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 22:08 »
Oxycontin appears to be a controversial topic. It is also used for pain in cancer patients.

This article might provide some perspective:
http://www.edhtelegraph.com/detail/82166.html
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 22:13 »
On the page linked:

"The process is based on the book, Clear Body Clear Mind, by L. Ron Hubbard."

I had to look quite a bit through the various pages to find any reference to Hubbard-which is why I said they seemed to be burying the link.

Oh!  You're quite right.  I overlooked that.

This is where detox for the newport beach narconon clients was being done in the past. Not sure where the clients come from now.

This company was owned by a scientologist and has changed hands a few times. Last I heard it was being managed by a scientologist who used to work for the previous owner.

From the California State Business Search:
Data is updated weekly and is current as of Friday, January 22, 2010. It is not a complete or certified record of the entity.
Entity Name:   PUR DETOX, INC.
Entity Number:   C3016334
Date Filed:   06/14/2007
Jurisdiction:   CALIFORNIA
Entity Address:   22156 TAMA DRIVE
Entity City, State, Zip:   LAKE FOREST CA 92630
Agent for Service of Process:   MYLES BINFORD
Agent Address:   2949 S COAST HWY
Agent City, State, Zip:   LAGUNA BEACH CA 92651

Here's the registered agent's twitter: http://twitter.com/MylesBinford

I also found this so someone has picked up the connection:http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Narconon_centers

I noticed that.  It's also listed in the "Links: Check it out!" section of The Razz Line, which is a scientology site: http://original.therazzline.net/

Hahaha!  Novus is also linked there, under "Medical Detox Centers."

Thank you very much, who me? !
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 23:35 »
Thanks who me?

It looks like Dr. Allan Sosin is associated with this Narconon affiliate. He has some interesting things to say in this series of YT videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxURZXgrLSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM1oz1VOKzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WgWAp-zmo

Good catch!

Allan Sosin in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists
The following 3 individual completions for Allan Sosin appear in official Scientology publications:

Allan Sosin L 11 NEW LIFE RUNDOWN Source 191 2007-06-01
Allan Sosin L 11 RUNDOWN Source 195 2007-10-01
Allan Sosin L 12 FLAG OT EXECUTIVE RUNDOWN Source 195 2007-10-01
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/a/allan-sosin.html

Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 23:40 »
mefree.

It is rather odd, that Most of the staff are scientologists, yet the use of (buprenorphine) within their opioid treatment protocol has me a little flummoxed to say the least. Buprenorphine has several uses, including use within the psychiatric community.

More research is needed on this unusual group.

What they are doing is going after the millions who are hooked on methodone and Heroin. Drs routinely use Buprenorphine to wean a patient off of heroin or methodone just before medically supervised detox. It's used for short term to get them through the rough transition off drugs into detox.

The scientologists like Hayes saw an untapped public here, one they can make big bucks on.  Obviously ABLE, International realized they could make more money this way, too, off of royalties on the sauna tech. Funny how they are allowing scientology to be done in a place where there are 'other practices' being done.  One s usually labeled PTS if they believe in 'other practices'., lol
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 23:50 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 00:42 »
Ethercat, I can't recall and I am too tired to look at the moment, if I posted on another thread about Alternatvetomedscenter/ ATMC being kicked out of the San Francisco location with the help of several able neighborhood associations  :)
http://missionlocal.org/2009/04/nutritional-detox-facility-gets-walloped/
forcing Murphy to move the facility to the current one in Tucson. 

Previously he worked with New Life Center SF (SBDC- Social Betterment Development Co) on incorporating his own 'tech' for cleansing the mind and body of psych drug effects mixed with Hubbard's program based upon the book 'Clear Body Clear Mind'. When they were in SF, ATMC used Dr. Travis Svensson, a non-scientologist, as his detox doc. After they moved,  I did a cursory look at the doctor he was using and found no connection with Scn.

FYI, readers, ATMC is similar to what Hayes, et al, are doing, except Lyle Murphy adds his food theory to the program and he is not a scientologist - he's what Scns call  an 'illegal PC' because of his psych history- they don't want him. He contracted with ABLE on the Clear Mind Clear Body and other Narconon related materials previously when he was in SF. Yes, his program is dangerous.

( Sorry I can't edit this tonite. I am struggling with the scrolling thing here.)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 17:38 »
Ethercat, I can't recall and I am too tired to look at the moment, if I posted on another thread about Alternatvetomedscenter/ ATMC being kicked out of the San Francisco location with the help of several able neighborhood associations  :)
http://missionlocal.org/2009/04/nutritional-detox-facility-gets-walloped/
forcing Murphy to move the facility to the current one in Tucson. 

Previously he worked with New Life Center SF (SBDC- Social Betterment Development Co) on incorporating his own 'tech' for cleansing the mind and body of psych drug effects mixed with Hubbard's program based upon the book 'Clear Body Clear Mind'. When they were in SF, ATMC used Dr. Travis Svensson, a non-scientologist, as his detox doc. After they moved,  I did a cursory look at the doctor he was using and found no connection with Scn.

FYI, readers, ATMC is similar to what Hayes, et al, are doing, except Lyle Murphy adds his food theory to the program and he is not a scientologist - he's what Scns call  an 'illegal PC' because of his psych history- they don't want him. He contracted with ABLE on the Clear Mind Clear Body and other Narconon related materials previously when he was in SF. Yes, his program is dangerous.

I find it disturbing that they are branching out into using other methods along with the Hubbard methods, and pulling other people into the scam.  I also find it disturbing that they are encouraging people to get off their psychiatric medication using their "detox" programs, and have nothing to offer in place of that.  Of course, I know that aligns with the goals of CCHR, but psychiatric meds are something entirely different from commonly abused drugs like crystal meth, crack, heroin, and the like.  I wonder if these other doctors (and, IMO, the term "doctor" really should not be used in reference to chiropractors; it is too misleading) realize or care that they are getting involved with a dangerous scam?

Thanks for making us aware of yet another tentacle of narconon and scientology.

( Sorry I can't edit this tonite. I am struggling with the scrolling thing here.)

Mary, I posted a message about this here, in the "Forum News, How-to's, Suggestions, and Requests" section: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,3482.0.html  Please see if what I posted helps.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 08:45 »
Legitimate organizations do not register through a proxy, they don't need to hide who they are.

That pretty much says it all. If you aren't a celebrity (and how many of those, besides maybe Todd "TR-i" Rundgren and a handful of 'net-savvy old rock hounds out there, have ANYTHING to do with registering their domains or running their fan websites / personal websites / non-Blogger-type or non-SimpleMachines-type self-hosted forums and blogs?), there is no need for your organization to hide behind false fronts or obscure associations with other organizations. Only something like a scam site trying to rook people into MLMs or Nigerian bank scams or a similarly dishonest / fraudulent / libelous / law-breaking site or, of course, YET ANOTHER Scientology front group would need to hide.

It always makes me wonder how self-deluding Scientologists have to be when they come across info like this. If Scientology was indeed so wonderful and non-abusive and truly effective, not only would most people HAPPILY embrace it, there would be no need for all the front groups...or, furthermore, no need to HIDE the links between the hundreds of hydra-head front groups and the mother organization of Scientology.

What other religious group (or so-called religious group) feels the need to hide the links between itself and its secular offshoots and (legitimate) charities? You can do a Google search for, say, Catholic charities or Jewish charities or whatever, and lo and behold, their charitable groups all pop up, prominently labeled as being tied to whichever faith / religion provided the backing for the charitable group(s) in question. There are two reasons why you can't really do the same for Scientology. First, they don't "do" charity. The idea of helping non-Scientologists ("wogs") without a recruitment or fund-raising agenda is unthinkable for the cult. (See also: Vulture Ministers.) It also goes against their beliefs, frequently reinforced, that if ANYTHING bad happens to you, you "pulled it in" or have failed to audit away all your invisible dead space alien ghost cooties / body thetans properly, because the "tech" is infallible and perfect so any failure or discomfort or illness or hard luck or natural disaster is YOUR FAULT...and "only Scientology can help with that." Right. Second, they HIDE. Scientology hides behind front groups and constantly creates more, because even Scientologists knwo that non-Scienos DO NOT WANT Scientology in any shape or form, so the best way to get recruits is to prey on the vulnerable (like children or drug / alcohol addicts, or people in jails who can't opt out of ordered to participate) or to pretend to be something secular like a business methodology, or a drug rehab, or a book publisher, or a film production company or whatever, OR they have to harass people desperate for employment like employees in a WISE-infected dental office, chiropractor's, or computer whiz business to pay for and take Scientology classes or risk losing their jobs.

So, in short, YES. Legitimate companies / groups do not need to hide who they are or who they are affiliated with.

Scientology hides behind front groups and proxies and harmless-SOUNDING acronym-ed groups. Smart people know why, or ask themselves why.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 14:21 »
It is rather odd, that Most of the staff are scientologists, yet the use of (buprenorphine) within their opioid treatment protocol has me a little flummoxed to say the least. Buprenorphine has several uses, including use within the psychiatric community.

What they are doing is going after the millions who are hooked on methodone and Heroin. Drs routinely use Buprenorphine to wean a patient off of heroin or methodone just before medically supervised detox. It's used for short term to get them through the rough transition off drugs into detox.

The scientologists like Hayes saw an untapped public here, one they can make big bucks on.  Obviously ABLE, International realized they could make more money this way, too, off of royalties on the sauna tech.

I don't want to post a wall of text here. So, I will link to this wikipedia article, and just mention that there are some important considerations in the administration of Buprenorphine (Buprenex, Suboxone, Subutex) in which careful monitoring is required.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buprenorphine#Dependence_treatment

I have been hearing about fraud cases involving Suboxone. Some examples:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20061104/BUSINESS/611040355?Title=Cardiologist-charged-with-fraud
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/cape_may/article_26f5e39c-7360-5c2d-938b-0ed501247dcb.html

Forums or blogs that discuss suboxone as a scam and some quotes:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-conditions/suboxone-scam-46769.html
http://roycemedicalcenter.blogspot.com/
Dr. X made a lot of money by prescribing the drug Suboxone to opioid dependent people, much in the way a drug dealer sells drugs to an addict. We believe that this was a money making scam and that Dr. X is a fraud. Suboxone is supposed to be prescribed in conjunction with therapy, counseling and contact with your doctor. According to the Suboxone website (http://www.suboxone.com):

"During induction, daily appointments are not uncommon. This allows your doctor to adjust for your withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Induction can last anywhere from 2 to 7 days. Urine drug screening at every visit is also fairly standard during induction. Patients whose SUBOXONE dose may be too low often use other drugs to try to suppress the withdrawal symptoms and cravings; doctors look for this when evaluating whether a patient is at the right dose.

Stabilization
During stabilization, your SUBOXONE dose is "fine tuned" about once a week, as needed. The goal is to find a dose where your withdrawal symptoms and cravings are suppressed, and you experience minimal to no side effects. You and your doctor will discuss your treatment options going forward, specifically, maintenance versus medically supervised withdrawal.

Once your dose is stabilized, the maintenance phase of treatment begins. During maintenance, your treatment compliance and progress will continue to be monitored. Participation in some form of behavioral counseling is strongly recommended to maximize the likelihood of your treatment success. You and your doctor will discuss counseling options that meet your needs. Your doctor may request urine samples from time to time. Some doctors find urine testing a helpful part of treatment because by verifying the absence of opioids in your system they can evaluate the effectiveness of your SUBOXONE dose. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about the role of urine testing in treatment. During your ongoing maintenance treatment, your doctor will want to know if you experience any cravings. If you do, your dose may need to be adjusted. Appointments are usually scheduled on a weekly basis, however, if treatment progress is good and goals are met, monthly visits may eventually be considered sufficient. The maintenance phase can last anywhere from weeks to years—depending on what you, your doctor, and, possibly, your therapist or counselor determine is best for your individual needs."

Dr. X does not do any of this. Dr. X merely doles out the drug in the form of a prescription and takes your money. Dr. X has never taken urine or blood tests and in essence has taken her patients' "word-for-it" that they even have an addiction.

Dr. X does nothing more than get you addicted to a new drug, collect your money, send you on your way, and repeat the cycle when you run out. She is not available for calls. A woman, Donna, who is not a medical professional is occassionally there to read information off of a Suboxone informational sheet, but more probably, you've called an gotten an "answering service."

When questioned about any of this Dr. X has become extremely defensive, angry and suspicious. She talks about a "CEO" who owns X Medical Center. She states that it she is only following the instructions of her CEO.

Today X Medical Center is suddenly CLOSING DOWN. Patients were NOT PHONED.

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 18:22 »

The scientologists like Hayes saw an untapped public here, one they can make big bucks on.  Obviously ABLE, International realized they could make more money this way, too, off of royalties on the sauna tech.

I don't want to post a wall of text here. So, I will link to this wikipedia article, and just mention that there are some important considerations in the administration of Buprenorphine (Buprenex, Suboxone, Subutex) in which careful monitoring is required.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buprenorphine#Dependence_treatment

I have been hearing about fraud cases involving Suboxone. Some examples:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20061104/BUSINESS/611040355?Title=Cardiologist-charged-with-fraud
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/cape_may/article_26f5e39c-7360-5c2d-938b-0ed501247dcb.html

Forums or blogs that discuss suboxone as a scam and some quotes:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-conditions/suboxone-scam-46769.html
http://roycemedicalcenter.blogspot.com/
Dr. X made a lot of money by prescribing the drug Suboxone to opioid dependent people, much in the way a drug dealer sells drugs to an addict. We believe that this was a money making scam and that Dr. X is a fraud. Suboxone is supposed to be prescribed in conjunction with therapy, counseling and contact with your doctor. According to the Suboxone website (http://www.suboxone.com):

"During induction, daily appointments are not uncommon. This allows your doctor to adjust for your withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Induction can last anywhere from 2 to 7 days. Urine drug screening at every visit is also fairly standard during induction. Patients whose SUBOXONE dose may be too low often use other drugs to try to suppress the withdrawal symptoms and cravings; doctors look for this when evaluating whether a patient is at the right dose.

Stabilization
During stabilization, your SUBOXONE dose is "fine tuned" about once a week, as needed. The goal is to find a dose where your withdrawal symptoms and cravings are suppressed, and you experience minimal to no side effects. You and your doctor will discuss your treatment options going forward, specifically, maintenance versus medically supervised withdrawal.

Once your dose is stabilized, the maintenance phase of treatment begins. During maintenance, your treatment compliance and progress will continue to be monitored. Participation in some form of behavioral counseling is strongly recommended to maximize the likelihood of your treatment success. You and your doctor will discuss counseling options that meet your needs. Your doctor may request urine samples from time to time. Some doctors find urine testing a helpful part of treatment because by verifying the absence of opioids in your system they can evaluate the effectiveness of your SUBOXONE dose. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about the role of urine testing in treatment. During your ongoing maintenance treatment, your doctor will want to know if you experience any cravings. If you do, your dose may need to be adjusted. Appointments are usually scheduled on a weekly basis, however, if treatment progress is good and goals are met, monthly visits may eventually be considered sufficient. The maintenance phase can last anywhere from weeks to years—depending on what you, your doctor, and, possibly, your therapist or counselor determine is best for your individual needs."

Dr. X does not do any of this. Dr. X merely doles out the drug in the form of a prescription and takes your money. Dr. X has never taken urine or blood tests and in essence has taken her patients' "word-for-it" that they even have an addiction.

Dr. X does nothing more than get you addicted to a new drug, collect your money, send you on your way, and repeat the cycle when you run out. She is not available for calls. A woman, Donna, who is not a medical professional is occassionally there to read information off of a Suboxone informational sheet, but more probably, you've called an gotten an "answering service."

When questioned about any of this Dr. X has become extremely defensive, angry and suspicious. She talks about a "CEO" who owns X Medical Center. She states that it she is only following the instructions of her CEO.

Today X Medical Center is suddenly CLOSING DOWN. Patients were NOT PHONED.
Wut? So all these people X medical Center treated via DR X were left out in the cold?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 18:24 »
It appears so.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 10:13 »
 What I find so intriguing with all these entities would be the sad need to gain the almighty dollar via the backs of those with drug/alcohol issues. It is a national trend. Then we have groups like narCONon, that fly under the ethical radar. narCONon has a long term agenda. That agenda is painting both scientology and its founder as wholesome and caring within their community.

As the years go by, this slow yet calculated love bombing will smooth over scientology's tainted past. That is when we, the informed citizens come into play. We KNOW. We see the scam. It would be a wonderfully thing to hear how many people have come across anti-narCONon sites and were steered clear of them by the factual information about them on the internet.

Alas, ours will be a silent victory, of which I am more than comfortable with.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 20:50 »
As the years go by, this slow yet calculated love bombing will smooth over scientology's tainted past. That is when we, the informed citizens come into play. We KNOW. We see the scam. It would be a wonderfully thing to hear how many people have come across anti-narCONon sites and were steered clear of them by the factual information about them on the internet.

Alas, ours will be a silent victory, of which I am more than comfortable with.

I would think that most people who have a narrowly-avoided encounter with narconon and go to a real rehab instead would breathe a sigh of relief, and hopefully move on with their new drug-free life.

Narconon (and the Hubbard purification) is morphing, and aligning themselves with ideas I would never have foreseen in the past.  Hubbard wrote about how "mixing practices" (as Mary mentions above) was not allowed.  It seems that mixing practices is now acceptable, as long as it brings in the almighty buck.  I wonder if this is something else that has been edited out of the scientology directives by David Miscavige?
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 23:04 »
...or perhaps, another sign of desperation?
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 12:37 »
...or perhaps, another sign of desperation?

It feels good to see signs of desperation.   :)

I am also seeing a merging of the goals1 of narconon and CCHR, where more and more often, narconon et al. are pushing to take people off of psychiatric medication.  This appears to have been the case with Gianna, mentioned earlier in this thread.

The concept of "dual diagnosis" is appearing more often on drug rehab sites.  Dual diagnosis is the idea that in addition to a drug abuse problem, there is an underlying psychological or physiological condition which is perhaps responsible for the drug problem, and complicates a treatment process.  This press release (of which we know there are many issued by the various narconons) from Suncoast Rehabilitation (narconon with a different name) gives the scientology and narconon perspective on this concept:

Although almost completely opposite, Dual Diagnosis and Drug Rehabilitation are two terms which are seeming to more and more become synonymous in the field of addiction as time passes. Many addicts are being diagnosed for mental disorder for things like Depression, ADHD, ADD, Anxiety, and even Schizophrenia. The sad part is that this is occurring more and more and often diagnosed while an individual is still not free of the effects of drug addiction which can lead, and often does, to misdiagnosis. And while it is the “goal” of most drug rehab programs to get people off of drugs, the exact opposite happens and the addicted person will actually be put on drugs to handle these “mental illnesses”. The problem is quite visible when you look at this approach and see that there are severe side effects and still, very low success rates associated with the dual diagnosis approach.
(Note "mental illnesses" is in quotes, bolding is mine.)

So this is quite a self-supporting scam they've got going here with Narconon and CCHR. 

On the one hand, CCHR is working to demonize psychiatric medication, and encourage people to get off psychiatric medications, as in this post which involves a young man who had posted to the Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help and Mental Health Support Community forum after being influenced by a book by Thomas Szasz (who co-founded CCHR). 

On the other hand, Narconon and its affiliates are offering a method to get off psychiatric medication, sometimes with devastating results, as in Gianna's case

Then let us not forget the case of Jeremy Perkins, who, as the son of a prominent scientologist (Elle Perkins), never had the chance to even try any meds, and was put on Hubbard's cocktail of vitamins instead.  More about this story is at http://PerkinsTragedy.org.

In a sense, one might say that CCHR is an affiliate of narconon (other than in the sense that both are run by scientology).

1 Merging of CCHR and Narconon goals: While it has long been known that CCHR and Narconon have the common goal of converting people to scientology, and of funneling money into RTC (Religious Technology Center, the keeper of the Hubbard copyrights), this appears to be a new goal of two front groups working to build income together.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 11:08 »
Thanks who me?

It looks like Dr. Allan Sosin is associated with this Narconon affiliate. He has some interesting things to say in this series of YT videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxURZXgrLSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM1oz1VOKzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WgWAp-zmo
Sosin is a scientologist
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/a/allan-sosin.html

and director of multiple detox & rehab programs, many of which he does not even visit patients, including the sosin cupic 9-11 detox center he runs
http://www.purdetox.com/medical-detox-program/prescription-detox-program

A victim told me that he saw Dr. Sosin when he went to Orange County Detox before starting Narconon :

Did you ever look at the main page of
http://www.treatmentthatworks.com/ ?
Yes

(Dr Sosin and Narconon are stated on the page.)

FYI Dr Sosin is the medical director of Narconon.
http://www.treatmentthatworks.com

I found no evidence that he is a doctor for Orange County Detox. I will continue to look.

"I seen the Doctor at OC detox and that was set up through Narconon.  He came their the day after i arrived, also a worker from Narconon Newport Beach named Lisa came that day as well.  Twice she took us to his Doctor's office while I was at OC detox."

6 Do you know who Sosin is?: Take a look, He practices alternative medicine but is a licensed MD in Nephrology ( kidneys). He's a believer of one of the highly controversial methods of treating autistic children with high dose vitamins and specialized diet which I would never let my nephew with autism be on. I consider him a crackpot but others think he's a God.
http://www.autismwebsite.com/practitioners/us/Allan_Sosin,_M.D..htm

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 11:19 »
A nephrologist treating children for autism? Ugh.

This is not surprising:

13. Do you take insurance? If not, do you provide organized, coded insurance forms?  No, but we provide forms.

15. Is there a reason you might not bill for an office visit? No
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 22:58 »
Purdetox is advertising as high-class detoxification center. 

http://www.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?newsid=204414&type_news=latest
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 20:16 »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:06 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama