Author Topic: Sandy Springs Zoning Request  (Read 1437 times)

Raven

Sandy Springs Zoning Request
« on: March 28, 2009, 09:53 »
    OPEN RECORDS ACT REQUEST
 March 27, 2008

Mr. Michael Casey
City of Sandy   Springs Interim City Clerk
 7840 Roswell Road, Building 500
Sandy Springs,  GA 30350

Dear Mr. Casey:

This is a public record request for a copy of the zoning paperwork RZ09-001/CV09-001; this involves the property located at 5395   Roswell Road, with the exception of those portions specifically exempted by Georgia law.

As you know, the Georgia Open Records Act states reasonable charges may be assessed "for search, retrieval, and other direct administrative costs for complying with a request under this Code section. The hourly charge shall not exceed the salary of the lowest paid full-time employee who, in the discretion of the custodian of the records, has the necessary skill and training to perform the request; provided, however, that no charge shall be made for the first quarter hour." O.C.G.A. § 50-18-71(d).

I am prepared to pay reasonable search and retrieval fees if necessary. As you know, advance payment is not required under the Act. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-71(g). Instead, once documents are requested, charges for all costs incurred by your agency can be collected in the same manner as taxes due. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-71(g).

In order to make such a fee request, however, your agency must first notify me of the estimated cost of the copying, search, retrieval and other authorized fees before they are incurred. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-71.2.

If my request is denied in whole or in part, the law requires your agency to justify all deletions by reference to exemptions of the Georgia Open Records Act, specifying code section, subsection and paragraph. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-72(h). The law also requires you to release all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-72(g).

Also, the Open Records Act sets fines up to $100 for any person who fails to provide a requested public document within three (3) business days, unless there are out-of-the-ordinary extenuating circumstances. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-74. Therefore, I will expect your agency to produce the requested records within the three-day limit or give written reasons why not, and the specific date the records will be available. O.C.G.A. § 50-18-70(f)

Thank you for your assistance. Should your have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at edited out.

Best regards,
 edited out

Raven

Re: Sandy Springs Zoning Request
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 09:55 »
It should take 3 business days to get the info. I'll post it when I have it.

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 19:33 »
You rawk!

Raven

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 19:39 »
I heard from them today. They have to send out the info to get it printed :(  I'll have it on Friday.

They have broken the rules of the open records act.  lol want to threaten them to get make sure we get protesting info?