Author Topic: Feb 10TH Anniversary @ the Ideal Org!  (Read 5444 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Feb 10TH Anniversary @ the Ideal Org!
« on: February 10, 2010, 14:48 »

From 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m this poster held a private affair. No ego pic,s were taken. Just me, a sign and a camera. The place was crawling with workers removing junk from the building. No scientologists appeared to be involved. No one came out to see what i was doing.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 15:02 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
Re: Feb 10TH Anniversary @ the Ideal Org!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 16:39 »
I'd noticed the trucks (and snapped a shabby cell phone photo) but hadn't seen the rest of this stuff in detail.  Glad you were on the scene to get pics.

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 17:21 »
 I would image the old batteries are from an ancient UPS system. I would also think there is water/mold damage on the interior of the building. I wonder what permit the contractor holds. Saw nothing posted, only the old Dec/2009 zoning meeting signage. With the contractor supplied portable air handling units on the property, it looks like the existing buildings furnace is not active. The restoration company had 2 large generators to make their own power. Lots of bagged insulation was evident in one of 2 large waste dumpsters.

http://www.interstaterestoration.com/

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 17:42 »
Thank you very much for the intel, ST!

I would image the old batteries are from an ancient UPS system.

I wonder if those are from the elevator systems; there are 2 elevators in the building.

I would also think there is water/mold damage on the interior of the building.

I would think so too, considering the condition of the roof and the length of time the building sat empty.

I wonder what permit the contractor holds. Saw nothing posted, only the old Dec/2009 zoning meeting signage. With the contractor supplied portable air handling units on the property, it looks like the existing buildings furnace is not active. The restoration company had 2 large generators to make their own power. Lots of bagged insulation was evident in one of 2 large waste dumpsters.

This is interesting, considering that Sandy Springs' response to the lawsuit should have already happened, or should come sometime very soon.  I wonder what's up with that?

Those large air ducts look more like something to do with air exchange to me, rather than just for heat, but I'm no expert.  I wonder what kinds of hazards people have been exposed to, when they went to party in the building just before the rezoning meetings started.

http://www.interstaterestoration.com/

Interstate is the nation’s premier disaster recovery and construction company. With offices and equipment located throughout the country, we can handle any emergency and provide solutions for your business and property.

Interstate has the most experienced team in the industry. For over a decade, our team has guided customers through emergencies ranging from fires to natural disasters to terrorist attacks. Our highest priority is to minimize business interruption and return your business to full productivity as quickly as possible.

Our comprehensive service offerings include emergency pre-planning and response, drying, mold remediation, fire and water damage restoration, reconstruction, equipment and technology restoration and project management. Contact us today and let us provide solutions for you.

Seems they specialize in dealing with bad stuff.  Hmmm...
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 19:19 »
Great reconnaissance, ST. It seems like a person could get ill in that building. 
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Ultrapoet

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 23:55 »
My best guess would be mold and/or water damage (mold, maybe, if they needed ducts leading out) in light of the bad shape of the roof and the torrential rains we've gotten in the last few months.

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 18:28 »
UPDATE: 2/15/10

The heavy air handling units have been removed from the SS location. Most if not all related equipment is also gone with the exception of the port-a-potties and one large dumpster.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 21:19 »
I'll have to also agree that the air handling units were all about mould control.  the air may have been no worse than stale, but with a mould problem comes the issue of spores.  That poses respiratory danger!

I'll also have to speculate that they will NOT do much to the interior of the building. 

I don't think they'll do more than one layer of paint to cover the mould in ancillary rooms.  They'll probably make the "public" or "new member recruiting" portions look better, with fresh(ish) carpet, new paint, maybe the promised wainscot.

That's just my guess.  Maybe we'll find out, maybe we won't.

But more to my point: I don't think they'll be renovating for long.

Beyond this, I'll have to speculate that whatever they do will have in mind their belief that they'll and up with an enclosed basement RPF cellar chapel.

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 18:30 »
 After veiwing the photos one more time, here is what I think. Those huge lead acid old batteries leaked. That was a lot-o-batteries. The acid leeched into the floor in a mechanical room. The acid ruined the flooring and surrounding insulation. Batt's also leaked tract amounts of Hydrogen Sulfide gas. Hence the air handling equip to be on the safe side.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. ;D

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 20:11 »
After veiwing the photos one more time, here is what I think. Those huge lead acid old batteries leaked. That was a lot-o-batteries. The acid leeched into the floor in a mechanical room. The acid ruined the flooring and surrounding insulation. Batt's also leaked tract amounts of Hydrogen Sulfide gas. Hence the air handling equip to be on the safe side.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. ;D

I think that's a plausible scenario, because it appears that most of the batteries, other than a couple, are bagged in thick plastic. 

I think with mold, the detectable damage has to be cleared out, and then the parts that remain have to sit and be allowed for mold to return, before a building is determined to be safe to inhabit again.  Also, it would be foolish for them to have done a mold removal procedure without removing the source of the moisture that allowed the mold to grow in the first place.  They haven't put on a new roof, so they haven't eliminated the source of moisture.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Aquaman

• Met Xenu
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 20:40 »
Ether, "foolish" and "Scientology" are nearly synonymous. :P

Also, they knew about the asbestos aboard the Failwinds, but did nothing about it until their hand was forced by the government du jour. I can easily see them not bothering with waiting to see if the mold (if that is/was the problem) will return before declaring it "a-okay".

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 20:46 »

Also, they knew about the asbestos aboard the Failwinds, but did nothing about it until their hand was forced by the government du jour. I can easily see them not bothering with waiting to see if the mold (if that is/was the problem) will return before declaring it "a-okay".
I wonder if the city has to approve the safety of the building. There is so much I do not know about this. Just because you own a building, does not make it either useable or habitable.

AquaMan. There is a very good reason the Fail boat does not dock here on the main land US of A. Our laws would put it in dry dock till hell froze over.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 20:51 »

Well, you make a good point there.   :P

I think that the city of SS has to give them a certificate of occupancy, after an inspection, for them to inhabit the building.  Legally, that is.  At any rate, there didn't appear to be anyone there on Saturday.

Hahaha, ST posted while I was typing.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 18:21 »
HAVE they taken care of the blue asbestos? Last I heard, they had not, and not only was the Freewinds still a free-floating plague boat likely to inflict passengers with asbestosis / mesophelioma / etc., but it was also guilty of dumping filth into waters when docked in ports owned by impoverished or third world countries.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"