Author Topic: Wake up Sandy Springs GA.  (Read 3609 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Wake up Sandy Springs GA.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 19:23 »
Those are amazing.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 19:30 »
Those are amazing.
Tell me about it. Sad that these people do not know how to explain their religion or belief in a god. I find that in of itself quite telling.

If some one came up to me and and asked those questions , it would be very easy to reply. I believe in God, creator of heaven and earth. Pretty easy when you are honest with yourself and care not what others think of you or your faith. Thats how we Catholics roll.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 19:34 »
It is odd that current scientologists have so much trouble discussing their religion. I find the ex-members stories of abuse much more disturbing. Sad stuff.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 19:40 »
It is odd that current scientologists have so much trouble discussing their religion. I find the ex-members stories of abuse much more disturbing. Sad stuff.
That spokeman for scientology Tommy Davis is one out of touch dude. His mother, actress Anne Archer really messed that fella up. Tommy Davis seems to think everyone on earth is lying about scientology and its criminal abuses. Sadly the math is not in his cults favor.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 21:34 »
It is odd that current scientologists have so much trouble discussing their religion.

L. Ron Hubbard said not to discuss it.  He called it "verbal tech," I believe.  He much preferred that people buy the books and tapes than to tell others about it.  (They wouldn't buy it if they knew what was in it.)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 23:47 »
Today Tonight is continuing their Scientology coverage tomorrow, and has three videos up covering the 20 minute news special aired 22 February.

I think this is the direct link:
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/video#

You, too, can pay a truckload of cash to "feel an intense sensation of being yourself" (that doesn't sound narcissistic or self-absorbed at all!) and to get rid off all those "emotions that are not myself that are all those not so awesome feelings"! You, too, can strive to "be God" like Nancy Cartwright. It's about reincarnation, but it is not about reincarnation. Anne Archer hasn't heard "much" about Scientology abusing people--but, apparently, she's heard SOMEthing ("I haven't heard much" isn't the same as "I haven't heard anything at all," after all!), and is at peace with it, because SHE is not affected by that sort of thing. The celebrities aren't!

I have to wonder just how unhappy Nancy Cartwright would be, with or without Scientology, given that she can afford to donate $10million to them annually, and "met a guy (but let's not mention Steve Ballmer, shall we? Where is he now? Oh, yes...dead...IIRC, anyway) and had a baby." Wouldn't being financially secure and having a healthy child contribute to your sum total of happiness happiness with or without the cult? Or, more precisely, worrying about your finances and pining for a relationship and a child seem like they would be depressing, in comparison. At least SHE got to have a child, amirite?

It is odd that current scientologists have so much trouble discussing their religion.
L. Ron Hubbard said not to discuss it.  He called it "verbal tech," I believe.  He much preferred that people buy the books and tapes than to tell others about it.  (They wouldn't buy it if they knew what was in it.)

Exactly: ask a Scientologist what they think about their beliefs, or about some aspect of Scientology, and they are unable to or afraid to put it in their own words or think for themselves; they almsot always, if they deign to respond at all, tell the curious person to BUY THE BOOK or to go into one of the Orgs to TALK TO THE STAFF. In the first case, it's pushing a sale (upstat!) and in the second, it is getting "raw meat" into the clutches of a bunch of cultists in their hive (upstat!).

This is not unique to Scientology. Steve Hassan (ex-Moonie who has provided exit counseling for cult victims for almost 30 years) warns about accepting invites to any meetings for a group you are unfamiliar with, esp. one where you will be unable to leave for an extended period of time, or one where you accept a ride (are without transportation), or one that is held at a remote location for several days.

If you are unable to articulate WHAT YOU BELIEVE without diverting someone to ask SOMEONE ELSE what YOU believe, isn't something wrong? Why would you be unable to express your own opinion? I'm not talking about "that's personal and I'd rather not discuss it," which is legitimate; I'm talking about hemming and hawing about what you believe, when asked, and diverting the querent to go ask someone else. How can someone else be a better judge of what you believe than YOU are?

That whole "what's true is what's true for you" business Scientologists cling to  is also mindwarping. Just because you believe 2 + 2 = 6, that does not make it true. You can decide it is true for you all you like, but you are not going to change reality through th force of your (incorrect) insistence that something false is true. Once you get someone to accept that little mantra, you've got them, hook, line, and sinker. It's magical thinking. Most of us grow up and leave that type of magical thinking behind as adults. We may persist in our little superstitions, but, if asked, I would wager that most of us don't really BELIEVE in them, deep down. I mean, I like black cats, and they can not only cross my path but do figure eights around my feet all day long if they like, and it won't affect my "luck" that day one way or another (unless I trip over said cat at the top of my stairs).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 00:14 by Lorelei »
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:46 »

Sad that the local Sandy Springs community will be exposed to this sort of madness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5cuN5nA4cE&feature=player_embedded

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 14:28 »

If I were a citizen of Sandy Springs GA , I would REALLY pay attention to the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxVbd6DDQE