Author Topic: [Yahoo] Lisa Derrick: Pasadena Babalon: Jack Parsons and the Dark Side (The Huffington Post)  (Read 694 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Lisa Derrick: Pasadena Babalon: Jack Parsons and the Dark Side (The Huffington Post)
22 February 2010, 4:32 pm

In Pasadena Babalon, Cal Tech students take on the legend of Jack Parsons. And it's a blast.

There's a crater on the dark side of the moon named Parsons, after Jack Parsons, John Whiteside Parsons, a selfmade man, a scientist with no a college degree without whom modern rockets would not exist. Jack Parsons was a brilliant, handsome man who liked to blow things up: He founded Jet Propulsion Labs and Aerojet, outgrowths of his research on solid fuel rockets and jet-assisted-take-off.

But there was another side to this complex Californian: Parsons was a bohemian, an occultist, a follower of Aleister Crowley, and the victim of a swindle at the hands of L. Ron Hubbard long before Hubbard founded Scientology. Parson' strange life in Pasadena is the subject of a play at California Institute of Technology's theatre department where science students stretch their perceptions of reality in grease paint and costumes. In Pasadena Babalon, written by George Morgan under the direction of Brian Brophy, the cast explore Parsons' multi-layered life.

more at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-derrick/pasadena-babalon-jack-par_b_472077.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 21:49 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.