Author Topic: Local Clearwater Fla ex-scientologist willing to give tours to SS citizens  (Read 1084 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
 I have been contacted by a very trustworthy and concerned current citizen of Clearwater Florida. This nice women, an ex-member of scientology is willing to give YOU the local Sandy Springs politician or citizen a tour of her city.

" If anyone from the local homeowners or from the mayor's office or any of the politicos... if anyone is interested in coming down to clearwater and getting a PERSONAL TOUR of what scientology has done to the community, I'll be happy to be their tour guide.

I'm an ex-scientologist and live in Clearwater. I can probably find many people the Sandy Springs people could talk to whereby they can find out what the LOCALS here in Clearwater think about the cult group that has "occupied" their town for so long, with so many promises of growth, with NO signs of growth. Only signs of URBAN DECAY.

Yes, I'll show them around town.

As you talk to them, tell them that someone has offered such a tour if they're interested."

To anyone locals who read this. I will provide you with the contact information of this honorable individual. Please realize i will need to vet your request before i hand out this individuals contact info.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
This is a very nice offer.  Since we think that some of the SS residents might be reading here, could you ask her to come to this forum and post about what has become of Clearwater? 

I notice Clearwater had a parking issue also, when the "Super Power" building was started:
http://www.sptimes.com/News/82099/TampaBay/Scientology_expansion.shtml

Scientology expansion raises parking question

One Clearwater official says the church need not provide parking until its building is nearly complete, but others disagree.

By THOMAS C. TOBIN

© St. Petersburg Times, published August 20, 1999

CLEARWATER -- The foundation has been poured and two towering white cranes reach into the downtown sky.

Construction is well under way on a 370,000-square-foot Church of Scientology building that will take two years to build.

When it opens, Scientology expects to have doubled its uniformed staff to 2,000. It also projects that the number of Scientology parishioners visiting Clearwater will increase from 1,500 to as many as 5,000 at any given time.

Scientology parking
An artist's rendering shows the Church of Scientology's building that is under construction in Clearwater. The project has raised questions about the church's plans for parking.
A related project not yet started, the 3,500-seat L. Ron Hubbard Hall next to the new building, will fill downtown sidewalks with thousands of visiting and local Scientologists for evening events.

Where will they all park?
more at the link.

I don't know what ever became of the parking issue in Clearwater... 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:21 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions