Author Topic: [Google] New alarm over Scientology HQ opening 'soon' - AboutMyArea  (Read 721 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
New alarm over Scientology HQ opening 'soon' - AboutMyArea
12 June 2010, 7:15 am

New alarm over Scientology HQ opening 'soon'

AboutMyArea

But a local councillor who has lived with the Scientologist on his doorstep for more than a decade in Sussex said the locals of Moseley and Kings Heath have ...

Source: scientology OR scientologist OR miscavige OR criminon OR cchr OR freewinds - Google News

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Moseley and Kings Heath (West Midlands / Birmingham area of UK) residents are again growing concerned about the arrival of a controversial 'cult' on their doorstep.

News that the Church of Scientology plans to open its regional headquarters in the neighbourhood 'within weeks' according to media reports has led to renewed alarm among local residents.

The redundant office block Pitmaston House has been apparently empty since the story first broke more than two years ago. It was reported that the Scientologists paid more then £4 million for the former home of the Ideal Benefit insurance company.

The Los Angeles-based group is known for its belief in aliens and includes Tom Cruise and John Travolta among its celebrity followers. One Moseley resident, who lives near Pitmaston House, described the scientologists as ‘crackpots who target the vulnerable members of society'.

But a local councillor who has lived with the Scientologist on his doorstep for more than a decade in Sussex said the locals of Moseley and Kings Heath have nothing to fear.

Original story here: http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/West-Midlands/Birmingham/B14/News/Local-News/89433-Don%E2%80%99t-fear-cult-says-councillor-living-on-Scientology-doorstep
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"