Author Topic: Sandy Springs Ideal Org Picket Report - June 26, 2010  (Read 1916 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Four of us picketed at the Sandy Springs Ideal Org at 5395 Roswell Rd. yesterday.  Sandy Springs Police were there to observe.  A section of Glenridge Dr. was designated with orange cones for us to stay within.  The police were thoughtful and kind enough to put part of our designated area in the shade.  Thanks for that!  It was very much appreciated.

Some of the locals were informed about scientology and about the lawsuit against the City of Sandy Springs.  I saw some familiar faces driving past, and we received accolades from a large number of people.

My sign said:

|     Sandy Springs     |
|                       |
|   Support the City!   |
|                       |
-----------------------

One person asked from 2 lanes away: Why are they suing the city?  I explained about scientology owning the building, and how they wanted to add another floor, and that the zoning decision had prohibited it.  He asked what he could do to help, and I told him to educate himself about what scientology is, by visiting xenu.net, and spelled it out for him.  I had just enough time to tell him that, and then the red light changed to green.

It was a pleasant and uneventful picket, other than being too hot.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: Sandy Springs Ideal Org Picket Report - June 26, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 17:40 »
 From an activists point of view, The protest yesterday was quite effective. Though not large in numbers, We had a commanding location up to the intersection of Roswell rd and Glenridge dr. Local law enforcement set the parameters in which we utilized and conveyed our message to the public.

I would like to thank the City of Sandy Springs Police department and everyone else in making this Anti-scientology protest a worthwhile, safe and legal event.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:40 by SocialTransparency »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 18:35 »
There were a few local citizens who left with more information than they came with including one very pleasant young lady who was unaware that Scientology was moving into the neighborhood.

We received quite a few thumbs up, honks, waves and a few questions.

It was a very hot and muggy day made more pleasant by shade, water, and good company.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 19:10 »
Thank you for the diagram of your sign.  I would have had a difficult time visualizing it other wise. ;-)

Good job guys.  That heat is painful right now.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 19:22 »
Thank you for the diagram of your sign.  I would have had a difficult time visualizing it other wise. ;-)

You are welcome.   ;) 

I have to make my fun wherever I can.   ooo:-O 

Good job guys.  That heat is painful right now.

Thanks, SP.  They say it may "cool down" to the upper 80s this week.   |-0=
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 19:28 »
A regular cold front.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama