Author Topic: [Google] Church of Scientology Nashville 25th Year Anniversary - BigNews.biz (press release)  (Read 1442 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Church of Scientology Nashville 25th Year Anniversary - BigNews.biz (press release)
15 July 2010, 11:44 am

Biz - Jul 15,2010 - NASHVILLE, TN -- Scientology has arrived and is here to stay. Twenty-five years after the Church of Scientology first opened its doors in Nashville, it has grown to prominence as sole owner and occupant of the historic Fall School Building. And since the glorious grand opening of that facility in April 2009, the Church has experienced greater expansion than the previous twenty-four years combined.

Which begs the question: How does a relatively new religion go over in the Bible Belt? "We have found the people of Nashville to be kind and receptive to new ideas, even while holding firm to their own faith," says Rev. Brian Fesler, pastor of the Nashville Church of Scientology, "which is just fine with us. We are all-denominational and open to everyone."

Open to everyone, indeed. That fact was well evident at the Church's July 10th black tie soiree, which brought its parishioners together with dignitaries, community leaders and celebrities to rejoice in a year of growth and achievement. Between the champagne reception and the chocolate mountain finale, attendees delighted in an evening of fine dining, inspirational speeches and exuberant entertainment.

Rev. Fesler explains, "The Nashville church is a Celebrity Centre, so of course we'll go for a spectacular presentation. But the heart of our event was the speaking segment, where friends from the community conveyed how they have benefitted from their relationships with us." Speakers included a human rights leader who has used materials provided by the church to teach the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a representative from Hands On Nashville who appreciated the Scientology Volunteer Ministers working alongside adherents of other faiths, and the president of an interfaith group who encouraged church members to be more active in the community.

found at http://bignews.biz/?id=892871&keys=Scientology-Nashville-Anniversary-Celebration
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 16:10 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I guess they didn't give out any baloney sammiches.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
Bwa ha ha. "Expansion."
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"