Author Topic: My Stone Hawk Experience  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Blametomcruise

• On the path to knowledge
My Stone Hawk Experience
« on: April 07, 2013, 18:58 »
ahhh.. I am sorry i didnt mean any disrespect with the name.. :/  anyways.. yea stone hawk was a crazy chapter in my life indeed.. my parents sent me there out complete desperation when i was 22 due to my crack cocaine addiction. I weighed about 135 lbs and was 6ft (now 200bs) so that was very scary for my parents to see me show up on their doorstep in that shape and i completely understand their rash decision and do not blame them in any way shape or form for the decision to send me there. The first memory I have is walking into the "detox house" that they had set up there and seeing two "students" sitting in chairs directly across from eachother about 2 feet apart battling it out in an apparent staring contest (which I later learned was actually called TR ONE I think). I was surprised at the fact that there were only two non medically trained staff member watching this area when there were some pretty sick people there detoxing fro things like opiates and alcohol which in my opinion should require at least some sort of medical supervision. I could go on and on but I will simply highlight the main points that i recall from my stay. Once I got over to the main facility I remember how awful i hated the sauna program.. i think i went up to like 6 hours a day in that thing!! and the niacin was crazy annoying to ingest.. There were points I felt like i was on the verge of collapse and told to tough it out. The water was disgusting there in the showers and sinks and there were flies EVERYWHERE... The loong drawn out days doing the TR exercises were tedious and mentally exhausting. i mean i am from florida and got sent to michigan.. every fiber of my being told me something was off about this place and had i had any way to get out of there and get back home believe me i would have.. but i was basically trapped. I felt like a hostage. I remember calling home and telling my parents that these people are crazy and are trying to brainwash me but they just though i was homesick and wanted to come home. I got really physically ill there a few times during my stay with the flu or something of the sort i remember having an extremely high fever and being told that there was no such thing as germs and that i was simply being suppressed by  someone or something in my life. then givin a "cold pack" consisting of vitamins niacin and cayenne pepper..  The staff began to notice my non conformist ways and i feel i quickly became a disciplinary target from that point on for that very reason. i constantly question their beliefs and theories. I started ending up in "ethics" class alot as punishment i guess which prolonged my program. long story short after the third time i was ill and they fed me the same bs story and told me i had to go to class i told them to shove it and refused to get out of bed.. this was a couple weeks before i was scheduled to complete the program. I called home with the ethics officer and mom told him that she arranged a flight for me to come home via the Detroit airport which the ethic officer told her they would provide me transportation to the airport in order to catch my flight and assured her i would get there on time.. i was picked up later that day by a narconon driver and about 15 mins down the highway the driver exited and stopped at an extremely shabby looking motel that some would describe as a crack motel. So I was checked into a room, given $30, and left to fend for myself still a loooong way from reaching the airport mind you.. Needless to say within a short time I found my drug of choice within the motel and relapsed that night. I called my mom and told her of the happenings and she was appalled. She wired me $300 for food and a cab ride to the airport the next day because she was forced to cancel and change my fight.. I ended up blowing $200 of the $300 on my narcotic of choice and also ended up having to pay the supplier the remaining $100 i had left for a ride to the airport the next morning.. I never told my family of the relapse that occurred that night out of shame and embarassment but I gratefully got clean shortly after returning home through 12 step meetings and haven't used that drug since.. I believe that the narconon staff knew full well what they were doing by dropping me off at that motel because they knew what my drug of choice was and blatantly lied to my mother about providing me transportation to the airport.. now does this sound like something the most ethical group in world would do?? you tell me what u think cuz i am dying for some feedback and questions! thanks..  (sorry if there is anything in this post that there should not be. If that is the case it was unintentional and i apologize.) thanks again. bless.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 19:04 by Blametomcruise »
~BLAME TOM CRUISE~

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: My Stone Hawk Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 21:03 »
Unfortunately, your story sounds very familiar. Parent desperation plays easily into deceptive hands, and they know it.

Glad you survived your illness and got out of there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 22:16 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 22:09 »
Yep, your very bizarre experience sounds very typical. 

Actually, and this may sound somewhat callous, but you really were pretty fortunate.  You apparently got away from the crack for a number of months (so it must not have been readily available while you were a "student" in their bogus and dangerous program), your illnesses didn't worsen to the point of becoming life-threatening, and not only did you not get sucked into the cult, you actually got out and then were able to successfully overcome your addiction.  It could have easily been much, much worse.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 00:46 »
Sounds like you survived, and ultimately beat your addiction despite the hole you were thrown into. Congratulations.

Please allow yourself to enjoy your triumphs and forgive yourself your failings. We all have failings, it is part of being human. What is important is not where you have been, but how you live the rest of your life.

Your story and that of others like you are why I spend time here. I despise how some people take advantage of others for a buck and want to see an end to the abuse.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 16:29 by who me? »

Offline Blametomcruise

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 03:52 »
Look at that wall... Thank you... Walk over to that wall... Thank you... Touch that wall... Thank you.
Look at that chair... Thank you... Walk over to that chair... Thank you... Touch that chair... Thank you.
Look at that desk... Thank you... Walk over to that desk... Thank you... Touch that desk... Thank you.

Now imagine doing this 8+ hours a day for like a week straight till you get to move on to the next mind blowing TR exercise... Wow no wonder this is the worlds greatest and most successful rehabilitation facilty!!!

-.-      <-------  MY NOT AMUSED FACE
~BLAME TOM CRUISE~

Offline Blametomcruise

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 03:58 »
By the way has anyone seen the website Narconon officials posted about Mr. Tenorio in retaliation of him coming forward and telling the world the truth and exposing the phonies that they are.. It is pretty amusing actually. Shows they are worried about their future since all this stuff has come to light!!!

www.erictenorio.org

Quote from the website:

"In other words, the real story of Eric Tenorio is that he was solely responsible for his problems at Narconon and his eventual departure. Now Eric Tenorio is attempting to attack those very people and the organization that saved his life." ( From http://www.erictenorio.org/)

Hahaha!  Pretty pathetic isn't it???
~BLAME TOM CRUISE~

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 10:59 »
 Thank you for sharing your experience, I am sorry you had to endure stone hawk. It is great to hear that you doing well today. Your accounts with being dumped at a motel is not uncommon, fact is this is a very common practice at all NNs. IMO, dumping "students" is part of the business model.

A little like this --- In regards to "handling" a "suppressive person" or non-compliant "student", is to place them in a environment that the "student" will most likely fail, for instance a motel or homeless shelter. NN at this point still has full leverage on the "students' family. While NN works the family to encourage to get their loved one back to NN for a "retread program" before they relapse or die in the place that NN dumped them. NN would offer the "retread program" for at least 5g on top of billing your insurance for much more. ---

Thank you for your courage in sharing, Your words will help others to share, many have and many more will.
Respectfully,
CH

Offline Blametomcruise

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 12:38 »
Thank you for sharing your experience, I am sorry you had to endure stone hawk. It is great to hear that you doing well today. Your accounts with being dumped at a motel is not uncommon, fact is this is a very common practice at all NNs. IMO, dumping "students" is part of the business model.

A little like this --- In regards to "handling" a "suppressive person" or non-compliant "student", is to place them in a environment that the "student" will most likely fail, for instance a motel or homeless shelter. NN at this point still has full leverage on the "students' family. While NN works the family to encourage to get their loved one back to NN for a "retread program" before they relapse or die in the place that NN dumped them. NN would offer the "retread program" for at least 5g on top of billing your insurance for much more. ---

Thank you for your courage in sharing, Your words will help others to share, many have and many more will.

Are you the same person that runs the "Narconon Exposed" facebook page? Cuz this reply sounds eerily familiar.. lol?     ???    :P
~BLAME TOM CRUISE~

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44 »
By the way has anyone seen the website Narconon officials posted about Mr. Tenorio in retaliation of him coming forward and telling the world the truth and exposing the phonies that they are.. It is pretty amusing actually. Shows they are worried about their future since all this stuff has come to light!!!

Yes, I think most of us have probably seen it, but didn't want to help publicize it for them.   (:E)  It may be amusing to you, since it's not directed at you.  But how would you like to see something like that, whether true or not, about your past posted on a website with your name as the website address?  Hmmm?

It is absolutely pathetic, and I imagine Narconon is plenty worried about the future.  They have good reason to be - insurance fraud, faked certifications, deaths, and who knows what else is coming.  They would do well to go about fixing their own problems before committing libel against Eric and Luke, however.  Eric and Luke are not the source of the problems, they are just the whistleblowers.  The libelous DA attempts will not help to make Narconon look good in the existing and future lawsuits against them, or in their future encounters with authorities. 

ahhh.. I am sorry i didnt mean any disrespect with the name.. :/  anyways.. yea stone hawk was a crazy chapter in my life indeed.. my parents sent me there out complete desperation when i was 22 due to my crack cocaine addiction. I weighed about 135 lbs and was 6ft (now 200bs) so that was very scary for my parents to see me show up on their doorstep in that shape and i completely understand their rash decision and do not blame them in any way shape or form for the decision to send me there. The first memory I have is walking into the "detox house" that they had set up there and seeing two "students" sitting in chairs directly across from eachother about 2 feet apart battling it out in an apparent staring contest (which I later learned was actually called TR ONE I think). I was surprised at the fact that there were only two non medically trained staff member watching this area when there were some pretty sick people there detoxing fro things like opiates and alcohol which in my opinion should require at least some sort of medical supervision. I could go on and on but I will simply highlight the main points that i recall from my stay. Once I got over to the main facility I remember how awful i hated the sauna program.. i think i went up to like 6 hours a day in that thing!! and the niacin was crazy annoying to ingest.. There were points I felt like i was on the verge of collapse and told to tough it out. The water was disgusting there in the showers and sinks and there were flies EVERYWHERE... The loong drawn out days doing the TR exercises were tedious and mentally exhausting. i mean i am from florida and got sent to michigan.. every fiber of my being told me something was off about this place and had i had any way to get out of there and get back home believe me i would have.. but i was basically trapped. I felt like a hostage. I remember calling home and telling my parents that these people are crazy and are trying to brainwash me but they just though i was homesick and wanted to come home. I got really physically ill there a few times during my stay with the flu or something of the sort i remember having an extremely high fever and being told that there was no such thing as germs and that i was simply being suppressed by  someone or something in my life. then givin a "cold pack" consisting of vitamins niacin and cayenne pepper..  The staff began to notice my non conformist ways and i feel i quickly became a disciplinary target from that point on for that very reason. i constantly question their beliefs and theories. I started ending up in "ethics" class alot as punishment i guess which prolonged my program. long story short after the third time i was ill and they fed me the same bs story and told me i had to go to class i told them to shove it and refused to get out of bed.. this was a couple weeks before i was scheduled to complete the program. I called home with the ethics officer and mom told him that she arranged a flight for me to come home via the Detroit airport which the ethic officer told her they would provide me transportation to the airport in order to catch my flight and assured her i would get there on time.. i was picked up later that day by a narconon driver and about 15 mins down the highway the driver exited and stopped at an extremely shabby looking motel that some would describe as a crack motel. So I was checked into a room, given $30, and left to fend for myself still a loooong way from reaching the airport mind you.. Needless to say within a short time I found my drug of choice within the motel and relapsed that night. I called my mom and told her of the happenings and she was appalled. She wired me $300 for food and a cab ride to the airport the next day because she was forced to cancel and change my fight.. I ended up blowing $200 of the $300 on my narcotic of choice and also ended up having to pay the supplier the remaining $100 i had left for a ride to the airport the next morning.. I never told my family of the relapse that occurred that night out of shame and embarassment but I gratefully got clean shortly after returning home through 12 step meetings and haven't used that drug since.. I believe that the narconon staff knew full well what they were doing by dropping me off at that motel because they knew what my drug of choice was and blatantly lied to my mother about providing me transportation to the airport.. now does this sound like something the most ethical group in world would do?? you tell me what u think cuz i am dying for some feedback and questions! thanks..  (sorry if there is anything in this post that there should not be. If that is the case it was unintentional and i apologize.) thanks again. bless.

Thanks for telling your story. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 15:09 »

Are you the same person that runs the "Narconon Exposed" facebook page? Cuz this reply sounds eerily familiar.. lol?     ???    :P
Yes I am.....if there is anything I can assist with please let me know.
Respectfully,
CH

Offline Blametomcruise

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 19:55 »
"Yes, I think most of us have probably seen it, but didn't want to help publicize it for them.     It may be amusing to you, since it's not directed at you.  But how would you like to see something like that, whether true or not, about your past posted on a website with your name as the website address?  Hmmm?"

You took that the completely wrong way.. I didnt mean hilarious as in haha funny man.. i meant hilarious like how pathetic they are and i was in no way shape or form trying to publicize it.. Every time i post something in this forum i get nitpicked and told im in the wrong for something and Its making the warm welcome somewhat bittersweet. in fact its turning me off of coming back here and continuing to help and show my support because i feel as i am being attacked. you guys who keep calling me out like this are misconstruing things i say into something its not meant to be.. I completely empathize with mr tenorio and agree with you that it is apalling and absurd of them to that to him. a real low blow.. u know what.. i dont have to defend myself like this and i shouldnt have to feel like i need to.. seriously thinking this may be my last visit and its kinda sad cuz i was really excited to find this site and be a part of it but apparantly some people do not want that to happen.. :(

and the way u said "Hmmm?" was quite patronizing and condescending as well as insulting.. thanks alot sir or ma'am..
~BLAME TOM CRUISE~

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 21:44 »
I am not sure that ethercat was calling you out so much as making a point about how stupid their black PR is but it can still be hurtful to the one that it targets (if I am wrong, ethercat will set me straight  ;D). I sometimes make comments that are the verbalizing of internal thoughts related to the subject, like the black pr web page you were pointing out, and not necessarily about the person posting.

Some of the things scn and NN staff do are soooooooo predictable and sooooooooo "off" they are like someone banging their head on the wall as they spew hateful, hurtful things at their target of choice. This juxtaposes the funny repeated and futile actions with the hurtful words and makes a WTF or face palm (:E( moment. Heck it can be embarrassing to just explain to others your involvement with these groups because this stuff is so over the top.

Another thing to remember, the written word does not adequately convey the feelings behind comments. Things like sarcasm (my favorite), irony and other feelings we normally express person-to-person do not come across well in written words alone.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 21:50 by who me? »

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 22:46 »
Every time i post something in this forum i get nitpicked and told im in the wrong for something and Its making the warm welcome somewhat bittersweet.

Maybe you should just relax! ;)

in fact its turning me off of coming back here and continuing to HELP and show my support because i feel as i am being attacked.

I do appreciate that you are here and have posted about the experience you had at Stone Hawk. I do hope you share more of your Stone Hawk story here. I would also ask how do you hope to help out as you say?

you guys who keep calling me out like this are misconstruing things i say into something its not meant to be..

I for one have not misconstrued what you have written, though talking about another individual in a thread you started about your own experience @ Stone Hawk may be taken out of context and rather confusing to those who are reading about YOUR story!.

i dont have to defend myself like this and i shouldnt have to feel like i need to.. seriously thinking this may be my last visit and its kinda sad cuz i was really excited to find this site and be a part of it but apparantly some people do not want that to happen.. :(

Please do not feel a need to leave. Your story is important :D

and the way u said "Hmmm?" was quite patronizing and condescending as well as insulting.. thanks alot sir or ma'am..

If you stay on the topic of the thread you started, I.E, I think you will be just fine. Sharing the truth about YOUR narconon experience be it good or bad is valuable. Not only to we that frequent this board,but others whom are seeking the truth in regard to narconon!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 23:01 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 10:53 »

Good ear for the familiar! FYI, over on Narconon Exposed you posted your story and you gave permission on April 7th to Narconon Exposed to repost your story to several places but you beat us to it that day, lol. crhender is one of several mods at Narconon Exposed. I am one as well. :)

Welcome!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 15:36 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 15:28 »
I tend to agree with who me? about communication in written form. At the same time, consider the entity being discussed here. Questions about a post or the tin-foil hat may come out from time to time.

I hope you'll hang around and tell us more about your experiences.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 00:21 »
Questions about a post or the tin-foil hat may come out from time to time.
Not to derail or anything, but I had to say this: My tinfoil hat is bigger than your tinfoil hat! Mine can house a family of 8 and has pinwheels sticking out all over.  ;D

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 00:59 »
Well, your story is very familiar to Greg Beha's step son being dumped at a motel. I know how upsetting that must have been.

The video got taken down but do read the transcript nd other things. Thanks to Greg, we all found out about the motel dumping and other stuff that was going on at Stone Hawk.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/Personal/Beha/

Radio show host Vince Daniels helped much in getting this story out and helping Greg get a refund of his money so he could send his stepson to another facility.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.