Author Topic: Ripoff Report #639355 - Narconon Freedom Center and A Forever Recovery  (Read 18598 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The latest in from Ripoff Report, September 10, 2010:
Narconon Freedom Center is a joke. How do you help people kick a nasty habit when 60% of your staff is using?? The one thing that irratates the hell out of me is when is it ok for someone to test positive for 4 different major drugs, get fired, and collect unemployment and then 2 months later Get Re-hired! Oh and by the way Christina is still collecting unemployment as she works and collects a check as NFC's Director of Legal Affairs! You really want a cocaine addict running your legal depatment? Here's one for the Legal Team, is NFC allowed to have the 2 underage kids that they are treating.

Is it ok for someone with NO medical back ground to administer medication to a patient? One of NFC's Directors gave a patient 3 times the normal amount of a certain medication which ended up in an ambulance ride to the ER. I also liked the story of the guy in the wheelchair that sat in his own feces. If i was the parents of this kid I would be seriously pissed! i was pissed when I heard about it.

They used to have a great PR person and pretty much screwed her over. The whole firing people for their FaceBook content?? Maybe the Executive Director at A Forever should check his status! Clear view of him tipping up and draining the bottle of wine. Yes I have the picture.

The thing that really shocked me to hear is that most insurance companies think that A Forever is a chiropratic service. Per and his sister have changed the names of these 2 places so much that people can't keep up.

Please Please people, I do believe the program works but please DO NOT send your loved ones to either of these places. Most of the things that they say to lour you in is nothing but a lie! If something goes wrong and you want your money back dont hold your breathe! By the time the check clears they have handed out bonuses to all the E.D.'s and yet they don't have enough money to pay their employee's.

Once again we find allegations of alcohol and or drug use by counselors, medication administration by non-medical staff, medication errors and trips to the ER, insurance fraud, lies and deception.

Why would a drug treatment center change it's name multiple times? There are a few reasons that I can think of.

• A serious incident occurred at the facility and they wish to distance themselves from this occurrence and their reputation.
  • More people know about the Scientology connection in this case and they wish to distance themselves from that connection in the public eye.
  • The name change might be an effort to recreate/repackage Narconon for other, more reimbursible purposes.

The allegation that Narconon may be billing for chiropractic is very concerning. The federal government might be interested in that one, if true. Are they billing touch assists as chiropractic treatments?

Narconon needs better oversight by those who license and certify drug treatment centers.
Someone else will be badly hurt or die from this, I'm afraid.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/alternative-health/narconon-freedom-cen/narconon-freedom-center-albi-5736d.htm
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:04 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BT Dedex

• Met Xenu
Phone rants against Narconon.  I can't figure out how to actually listen to these complaints, though.

http://ripoffrant.com/search/narconon

* timmy8838

Narconon - Watsonville and Taho False Advertising Watsonville, California
1 day ago 

* timmy8838

Narcanon Vista Bay Narconon Vista Bay: False representation, lies and dangerous practice- a scientology trap! Watsonville, California
29 days ago

Found this on Google Updates search for Narconon

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbs=mbl%3A1&q=narconon&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Phone rants against Narconon.  I can't figure out how to actually listen to these complaints, though.

http://ripoffrant.com/search/narconon

* timmy8838

Narconon - Watsonville and Taho False Advertising Watsonville, California
1 day ago 

* timmy8838

Narcanon Vista Bay Narconon Vista Bay: False representation, lies and dangerous practice- a scientology trap! Watsonville, California
29 days ago

Interesting, I didn't know about that site.  They sure don't make it easy to understand how the site works, do they?

I looked around a bit, and even registered an account, thinking that maybe you had to be registered to listen, but eventually found that some of the complaints have a link like this: from  http://ripoffrant.audioacrobat.com plus some additional characters. 

I was able to listen to something not related to the narconon complaints, so there are some sound files on the site, but the narconon complaints don't have this link next to them.  Maybe the person just left the text with no phone rant so there is nothing to listen to on them?  Anyway, I left a comment on those two entries, so maybe there will be more info later.

Thanks for the tip; audioacrobat looks like an interesting service for this sort of thing.

Found this on Google Updates search for Narconon

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbs=mbl%3A1&q=narconon&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I watch the google rss feed for narconon, but it's so spammy!  Narconon puts out so many press releases, tweets, and blog posts, it a wonder they do any drug rehab...  Oh wait...   ;)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BT Dedex

• Met Xenu
Thanks for digging around, I just couldn't figure out how to hear the rants, but figured every bit helps.

Google Realtime / Google Updates is a nice addition, useful for tracking breaking news.  Twitter, PR press releases, blogs, etc.

http://www.google.com/realtime?esrch=RealtimeLaunch::Experiment

Narconon spams a lot, but other scilon search terms aren't as heavily spammed on Google Updates, like Criminon, Applied Scholastics, Freewinds, CCHR, TWTH, ABLE, YFHR, WISE.

Offline BT Dedex

• Met Xenu
Doh, double post

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
So many front groups, so little time :(
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Yikes!

Ripoff Report-Re: A Forever Recovery posted by a former employee:

this place is a death trap.  If the horrible living conditions, and horrible food cleanliness dont kill you, the unprotected sex with staff will.  please do your research before sending your loved ones there.  search stonehawk, a forever recovery, forever recovery.  treatment should not cost $24000.  most treatment centers have a detox program.  detox is based on medical needs, and length of stay is based on that.  doctors and nurses check on you daily. this shithole makes everyone stay 7 days in a "withdrawal house," careful play on words, that you may never see a md or rn.  i could go on.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/mental-health/a-forever-recovery/a-forever-recovery-narconon-st-2d8fd.htm

Consumer comment:

Anyone writing defensively for "A Forever Recovery" is a dupe. If Holly still works there I'm pointing the finger straight at her.  If that place has ever helped anyone it's only because of the "blind hog finds an acorn" theory. It's a pig pen and it's run by people that are far worse than the ones that they are supposedly treating. Get the word out. Close it down.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/consumer-services/narconon-stone-hawk/narconon-stone-hawk-rehabilita-dncf6.htm
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 16:37 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Narconon Michigan
See all 20 documents.
http://www.scribd.com/collections/2327253/Narconon-Michigan

Holly Conklin the Intervention Angel lies about her association with Narconon and SBDC New Life Center San Francisco
http://www.scribd.com/doc/27001073/Holly-Conklin-the-Intervention-Angel-lies-about-her-association-with-Narconon-and-SBDC-New-Life-Center-SF?in_collection=2330350

Fake Rehab Referral Docs and Persons related

9 DocumentsFake Rehab Referral Docs and Persons related
Last updated: 02 / 26 / 2010 Documents:9

1.Holly Conklin Narconon SBDC Corrections Profile 2012 OKLA
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19465104/Holly-Conklin-Narconon-SBDC-Corrections-Profile-2012-OKLA?in_collection=2343215

2.Holly Conklin Narconon SBDC Criminal Record Guns Forfeiture No. CJ-2004-3747 OKLA
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19465105/Holly-Conklin-Narconon-SBDC-Criminal-Record-Guns-Forfeiture-No-CJ20043747-OKLA?in_collection=2343215

3.Holly Conklin Narconon SBDC Criminal Record CF-2003-1265 OKLA
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19465144/Holly-Conklin-Narconon-SBDC-Criminal-Record-CF20031265-OKLA?in_collection=2343215

4.Holly Conklin Narconon SBDC Criminal Record CF-2004-2551 OKLA
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19465147/Holly-Conklin-Narconon-SBDC-Criminal-Record-CF20042551-OKLA-?in_collection=2343215

5.Holly Conklin Narconon SBDC Criminal Record CF-2004-2842 OKLA
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19465148/Holly-Conklin-Narconon-SBDC-Criminal-Record-CF20042842-OKLA?in_collection=2343215
See all 9 documents.
http://www.scribd.com/collections/2343215/Fake-Rehab-Referral-Docs-and-Persons-related
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
What an angel! LOL
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I know!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
A new complaint into the Ripoff Report on a Michigan Narconon:

narconon freedom center narconon stone hawk, narconon second worst experience of my life to date... albion, Michigan

okay, so first off this is the second worst experience of my life because of the first worse experience of my life was myself throwing away 10 years of my life to drugs and alcohol. i shall continue now with the details of why this experience was so aweful. note, i would like to say that i am more than likely going to forget some detail, i may or may not come back later and add them in depending on how important i feel they are...

so i was in need of a drug rehab. i arrive in albion, michigan at this huge facility. it was late at night and i was really high when i arrived. from the outside it looks pretty good, really good. i go in and i pass out until about noon the next morning. at first because of how high i am the detox (withdraw) facility looks and seems pretty nice. three meals a day, about eight other drug addicts to talk with and pretty decent staff members, i have my own room with my own sink. anyway lets get to the good parts...

i complete the detox/withdraw part of the program. i start what is known as book one. book one consists of TR's (training routines). pretty much what this translates to is torture. you find yourself staring at another person who is known as your twin for hours and hours each day. only allowed to blink and breathe. if you move they make you start over, no coughing, sneezing, NOTHING (not a joke). you also talk to ashtrays as loud as you can and command another person to walk to and from a wall over and over. each of these for hours upon hours.

after i completed book one which took me about two weeks (on average it will take somebody a week, but i did not give into the torture so easily and had constant questions), i started sauna, which is where you sit inside of a sauna room for about five hours a day with only a break in the middle for thirty minutes to eat. you do get regular breaks whenever you want but its all bullcrap. in sauna they feed you extremely unsafe amounts of niacin which makes you break out in an extreme rash and often hives for sometimes upwards of an hour. they also feed you extreme amounts of nasty tasting vitamins which cause diarrhea.

i almost forgot to mention, all throughout the whole time i did the program there, other students were constantly getting high and buying booze from the local liquor store right down the street, which does not card because i had actually done it once or twice. these students usually get little more than a slap on the wrist and allowed to stay and get more students high yet again with little or no punishment.

besides that little tidbit the amount of staff members that get high and drunk is an extreme amount. every staff member there with the exception of a couple kitchen workers and two or three security guards went through the program there. there are no doctors on sight, the doctor makes an appearance once or twice a week or maybe an hour or two. the nurse is a fat piece of crap who doesnt do anything and has no knowledge of anything medical whatsoever. her name is melissa but she goes by mo. her intelligence is that of a ten year old.

all throughout sauna i was getting extreme migraines and was given nothing for them and yelled at saying i was faking it. you are not allowed to have any tylenol or anything like that, no advil nothing. its all bullcrap, they dont believe in that stuff because they are directly related to and ran by the church of scientology which they will never ever mention. they will die over it first. several of the staff members attend the church of scientology regularly, such as travis albritton.....

Much more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/cult-organizations/narconon-freedom-cen/narconon-freedom-center-narcon-70b40.htm
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
A consumer comment has been added to a previous complaint on Ripoff report.
#11 Consumer comment posted on 12/20/2011

Agree With All Victims of Narconon
AUTHOR: Another Narcanon Victim - West Bend (United States of America)

SUBMITTED: Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Was actually brought to this sight by a different issue, but once here the painful memory of being here before was all too real.

It has been 4 years since our involvement with this despicable organization, Narcanon. (Or whatever they choose to call themselves these days.

Our family lost a sum of over 30,000.00. (Well over a  years worth of wages for myself), but the worst part of it was, that our son, who we were trying so desperately to help was the one hurt them most.

Our story is like that of most of those I have read. He was mentally abused, we were lied to, coerced into believing it was the "right place" for our son. Couldn't be farther from the truth. No, it was not a "resort" type setting. No, they didn't give a crap about your son, or anything but the almighty dollar, and their added bonus of trying to push Scientology onto our non believing son.

I could write a book, (in fact my son has thought about it) about the disgusting stories about this totally corrupt organization.  I do not have the time or the effort, but want to do my part in bringing this SCAM that claims to be a legitimate Rehab Facility down.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/consumer-services/narconon-stone-hawk/narconon-stone-hawk-rehabilita-dncf6.htm
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
A consumer comment has been added to a previous complaint on Ripoff report.
#11 Consumer comment posted on 12/20/2011

Agree With All Victims of Narconon
AUTHOR: Another Narcanon Victim - West Bend (United States of America)

SUBMITTED: Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Was actually brought to this sight by a different issue, but once here the painful memory of being here before was all too real.

It has been 4 years since our involvement with this despicable organization, Narcanon. (Or whatever they choose to call themselves these days.

Our family lost a sum of over 30,000.00. (Well over a  years worth of wages for myself), but the worst part of it was, that our son, who we were trying so desperately to help was the one hurt them most.

Our story is like that of most of those I have read. He was mentally abused, we were lied to, coerced into believing it was the "right place" for our son. Couldn't be farther from the truth. No, it was not a "resort" type setting. No, they didn't give a crap about your son, or anything but the almighty dollar, and their added bonus of trying to push Scientology onto our non believing son.

I could write a book, (in fact my son has thought about it) about the disgusting stories about this totally corrupt organization.  I do not have the time or the effort, but want to do my part in bringing this SCAM that claims to be a legitimate Rehab Facility down.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/consumer-services/narconon-stone-hawk/narconon-stone-hawk-rehabilita-dncf6.htm

Hi mefree, this woman and I corresponded back in 2008. I'm glad she posted at ripoffreport .

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Hi mefree, this woman and I corresponded back in 2008. I'm glad she posted at ripoffreport .

She still sounds quite affected by the experience. Her trauma is understandable, really. Normally, it's a relief when a loved one enters treatment and finally gets some help in what you believe to be a safe environment.

It must be a shock to discover the reality of Narconon and the deception involved.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
...our son is now against all forms of Rehab...

I'm afraid this happens more often than we hear about.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

She still sounds quite affected by the experience. Her trauma is understandable, really. Normally, it's a relief when a loved one enters treatment and finally gets some help in what you believe to be a safe environment.

It must be a shock to discover the reality of Narconon and the deception involved.

She is a caring mother and yes, she like many others don't easily get over what happened because Narconon keeps getting away with the lies and the Scientology program masquerading as something else. 

BTW, Her son attended Vista Bay in Northern California, not Stonehawk or A Forever Recovery in MI. (She probably just posted there because that was what she'd come across.)

I really can't say anything else without violating the confidence I gave when we corresponded but yes, she is a caring mother and it was a pretty traumatic situation.

I will email her and tell her about the forum here and ask her to have her son fill out the narconon survey.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Some new and updated complaints about Narconon have been added to The Ripoff Report: 
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/Narconon.aspx
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
There is a complaint about a narconon in Glendale California, does anyone know the address?
It is not listed in ADP’s document. http://www.adp.ca.gov/Licensing/pdf/Status_Report.pdf

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
This might be it:

Narconon Southern California
100 W Broadway
Glendale, CA 91210-1202
Phone: (818) 844-2800

http://www.manta.com/c/mtgyv6d/narconon-southern-california

-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Posted to Ripoff report as a consumer comment about staff credentials at a Michigan Narconon (AFR)
They are MEDICAL ASSISTANTS NOT NURSES LIKE THEIR BADGES SAY. THE MEDICAL ASSISTANTS THAT WORK THERE ARE NOT EVEN CERTIFIED NOR REGISTERED. EVEN THE NURSE SUPERVISOR IS JUST A MEDICAL ASSISTANT WHO IS ALLOWED TO ORDER DRUGS FOR PTS WITHOUT A REAL PRESCRIPTION. THIS PLACE IS A REAL SCAM AND ITS NO WONDER THEY GO THRU SO MANY EMPLOYEES, REASON BEING THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE TRUELY THERE TO HELP OTHERS DONT WANT TO BE INVOLVED WITH THEIR SCAMS.ASK ANY OF THE NURSING STAFF WHO HAVE BEEN FIRED FROM THERE I BET WE ALL HAVE THE SAME STORIES. I DONT KNOW THE NAMES OF PAST NURSING STAFF, BUT WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO SOME OF THEM
http://www.ripoffreport.com/mental-health/a-forever-recovery/a-forever-recovery-narconon-st-2d8fd.htm

Which brings up a good point: Clinical staff credentials can be verified online in many cases. Each state has a board of medicine, nursing, or other allied health professionals, or certified alcohol and drug counselors, etc.

Federation of State Medical Boards
http://www.fsmb.org/directory_smb.html

National Council of State Boards of Nursing
https://www.ncsbn.org/contactbon.htm

CO example: http://www.dora.state.co.us/pls/cproweb/hpps_search_gui.search_form
-Dalai Lama