Author Topic: [Google] Why are Scientology websites popular? - RantRave | Published Opinion.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Why are Scientology websites popular? - RantRave | Published Opinion.
1 September 2009, 12:08 pm

Why are Scientology websites popular?

RantRave | Published Opinion.

Scientology apologists are very upbeat about the number of hits their websites are receiving. Has it occurred to them that the exposure that they are receiving from the media, such as the St. Petersburg Times, is causing people to go to their site(s) and see what the fuss is about?

A comment on Rant/Rave from one of their supporters says that any publicity is good publicity. Well, I think that the opposite is true. In this case, the abuses of the "church" management is being exposed and the culture of the cult is being laid bare for all to see.

The cult has an aggressive means of recruitment, which entails a "stress test" which ALWAYS results in the person being tested showing signs of deep personal problems, regardless of the "test" results. The person is then aggressively coerced into starting "auditing" (at a high cost) to resolve these "problems".

more at Why are Scientology websites popular? - RantRave | Published Opinion.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 18:03 by ethercat »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Raven

I support that rant/rave lol

I think the narconon of ga youtube site is so watched cause we expose them for what they are. People go watch the videos see how badly made the videos are and how messed up the people in them are and it does more damage to sci than a 100 protests. 

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Weren't they crowing about the massive number of hits they were getting too, while they were being DDOSed in January of 2008?  Spin, spin, spin!

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions