Author Topic: Is Scientology in your area?  (Read 4806 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Is Scientology in your area?
« on: September 01, 2009, 21:37 »
For a group that claims to be a religion, scientology sure seems to keep itself hidden sometimes.  They do this by using front groups to draw people in, preferring to target respected people with influence (and money) when they can, but in truth, they will take anyone.  There are so many front groups, with ever-changing names, it can be difficult to keep up with exactly where they are.

Ray Hill and a team of volunteers keep a database of scientology entities, which can be sorted by location.  This is extremely useful, both for avoiding them, and for warning others in the area about them.  It also contains links to state incorporation databases for any state unfortunate enough to have a scientology entity registered.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/entities.php?groupby=jurisdiction

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Raven

Re: Is Scientology in your area?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:10 »
Thats one of the best sites!  The pages on there are very very informative. 

Offline Aquaman

• Met Xenu
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 21:34 »
Ohshi...

Scilon mission in Beaufort, SC

Cross Creek Shopping Center: 328 Robert Smalls Pkwy, Beaufort, SC 29906-4233 (roughly between Charleston and Savannah)

I'll have to look things up once I get my internets fixed. I have a leaky tube feeding my house, repair guy is coming tomorrow to hopefully fix it. Right now my connection is flakey like the cereal aisle of a grocery store. :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 21:36 by Aquaman »

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:17 »
I googled the address, and got 5 pages of links to stores in the mall, with no mention of the mission. Perhaps it is not there anymore?

Let's hope!!!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Aquaman

• Met Xenu
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:50 »
Yeah, so far it's looking like they just didn't close out the Secretary of State listing. I'm in WWP PM contact with a local who I've asked to take a look at the mall directory, and see if they're listed.

(If I don't hear from them in a day or two, I'll give the mall a ring, and ask if it's actually there. I'm disinclined to spend on a LD call if I can avoid it, though.)

Offline Aquaman

• Met Xenu
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 11:58 »
Followup: Like I said on WWP, in the Beaufort thread, the shopping center has been given a look by a local anon, and there's zero $cilon presence there.

Mea culpa.

Offline Rockyj

• On the path to knowledge
  • Hokey smoke, Bullwinkle!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 00:20 »
Church of Scientology is NO longer in Bellingham, WA!   
Obsolete, EL-GONE-O, OUT OF HERE, at least over a year ago!
The building is EMPTY, if you need PICS I can provide!
By the way I believe B'ham didn't welcome them though the web site is still up!
LOL
http://www.missionofbellingham.com/     
 ;D
Education is the key to change!

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 07:10 »
Huzzah! Glad to hear that the cult tentacles in Bellingham and Beaufort failed to take purchase in those areas.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline Rockyj

• On the path to knowledge
  • Hokey smoke, Bullwinkle!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 08:35 »
I posted this on another Anon web site, long before I ever knew about Anon:
Several years ago they actually tried to open a center here in Bellingham, WA. I live in very large apt. complex and a couple of Scientologist were leaving pink flyers on every door. I was so pissed I went around and gathered them all up (by the way a lot of stairs three stories of them for each building!) My Apt. building has a sign warning NO soliciting, which they obviously ignored. So it was legal and I thought about dumping them all off @ their new Scientology Center, but read about "Fair Game",  SP's etc. so I just threw them all in the garbage! I drove by where the new Scientology Center was located quite some time ago and they were already gone. I don't know how long they lasted here in Bellingham, it's a small city, fairly liberal college town; its my hope they were pushed out!
Education is the key to change!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 12:41 »
I posted this on another Anon web site, long before I ever knew about Anon:
Several years ago they actually tried to open a center here in Bellingham, WA. I live in very large apt. complex and a couple of Scientologist were leaving pink flyers on every door. I was so pissed I went around and gathered them all up (by the way a lot of stairs three stories of them for each building!) My Apt. building has a sign warning NO soliciting, which they obviously ignored. So it was legal and I thought about dumping them all off @ their new Scientology Center, but read about "Fair Game",  SP's etc. so I just threw them all in the garbage! I drove by where the new Scientology Center was located quite some time ago and they were already gone. I don't know how long they lasted here in Bellingham, it's a small city, fairly liberal college town; its my hope they were pushed out!

There are a lot of laws they ignore, unfortunately.  Good for you for gathering the flyers all up and dumping them in the trash.  If you had dumped them off at the center, they would have probably just redistributed them. 

It's interesting on the web site that they claim all the front groups as their own.  CCHR, Narconon, Criminon, The Way to Happiness, Applied Scholastics, and WISE; if anyone ever wondered about the connections, here they are.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 17:58 »

Offline Aquaman

• Met Xenu
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 11:38 »
Not to be a dick, but isn't that just one of those stickers that are supposed to go on bibles?

I mean, yeah, Hubtard wrote some really screwed up stuff, but I don't recall advocating bestiality among them.

(Come to think of it, I don't recall bestiality in the bible, either, but that's neither here nor there, and it's a discussion I'm not going to get into.)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 21:05 »
(Come to think of it, I don't recall bestiality in the bible, either, but that's neither here nor there, and it's a discussion I'm not going to get into.)

Thank God for that!   ;)

Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 21:10 »
Whew  :o
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 09:12 »
Don't quote me, but I think that the only mention (or implication) of such is that it isn't very nice, and shouldn't be done. After all, it would not help the tribe flourish, thrive or multiply if people were off mongling the livestock instead of pairing up with fertile partners and working hard at having scads of babies. (I can only hope that "eating bacon" was considered far less terrible, even if still wrong.)

All the same, "bestiality" could be replaced with "parent-sanctioned gang rape and/or decapitation of underage female children / employees" or "mass genocide via flood" or any of a number of more outrageous plot lines and probably be challenged for factual accuracy far less enthusiastically.

But I digress.

As far as "laws Scientology thinks do not apply to Scientologists," you could pretty much slap a sticker on any current laws that reads "...except for Scientologists, who are Homo Novis and thus not obliged to obey your stupid wog laws and regulations" and Scienos would believe it. The True Believers already behave that way, and only cameras capturing--and weary LEOs observing--their behavior seem to make a dent in the "your wog crap doesn't apply to US" mindset.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"