Author Topic: Some recent pictures of the Atlanta Ideal Org  (Read 15086 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Some recent pictures of the Atlanta Ideal Org
« on: January 18, 2011, 18:14 »
AngeloV over on ESMB has posted some recent photos of the Atlanta Ideal Org building.  The condition is even worse now, as might be expected with the other problems going on for the Atlanta Org - RLUIPA case, Org being sued for leaving their last leased location without sufficient notice and without paying, staff member's wages being garnished, personal debt lawsuits.  Wherever could they get the money to maintain their Less Than Ideal Org building?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=524908&postcount=50

edit: changed thread title
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 15:32 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Some recent pictures of 5395 Roswell Rd.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 19:37 »
Just in case someone wants to report the terrible conditions

Sandy Springs, GA
Most Common Violations
City Departments > Community Development > Code Enforcement > Most Common Violations
ie:
Trash and Debris
Yards should not contain trash and debris.
High weeds and grass: Yards should not be covered with excessive growth of grass and weeds exceeding 10 inches.

http://www.sandyspringsga.org/City-Departments/Community-Development/Divisions/Code-Enforcement/Most-Common-Violations

http://www.sandyspringsga.org/City-Departments/Community-Development/Divisions/Code-Enforcement/Contact-Code-Enforcement

Fulton County
Code Enforcement   
The Code Enforcement Section works in partnership with the citizens in unincorporated Fulton County to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment.

We administer a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of municipal codes and land use requirements. 

Conditions of Zoning

All conditions approved by Fulton County Government must be met on a continued basis.
Common Violations:

•Trash, garbage, refuse or material kept or used in a manner that causes lot appearance to be unclean or untidy
•Condition that breeds flies, mosquitoes, or insects
•Obnoxious to the eye

Abandoned Property
•All structures should be weather tight, water tight, rodent proof and not exposed to the elements

http://www.fultoncountyga.gov/code-enforcement-ecd/complaint-process-code-enforcement
Trash & Debris

Code Enforcement Complaint Process   
Complaint Generation
Tell Line - 404-612-TELL (8355) Tracking number provided upon request,
or otherwise within 24 hours
Inspector generated (zone coverage)
Via Website

Required Research
1st inspection within 1 - 3 days
Research in 3 - 5 days

Notice of Violation
Hand delivered, violator has 3 days to correct
Mailed, violator has 3 days upon receiving notice

Citation
Turned over to court liaison who assigns permitted cases to Magistrate Court andnon-permitted cases to the Code Enforcement Board

Compliance
Violation is addressed by owner and corrected. Case is then closed.

Non Compliance
$1,000 fine per day, per violation
Fines are assessed by Magistrate Judge or Code Enforcement Board

Other Enforcement Efforts
Via Lien Process
Via Nuisance Abatement Process
http://www.fultoncountyga.gov/code-enforcement-ecd/common-violations-ecd
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 22:39 »
As I understand it, the lawn has been spotted quite high there before as well.  I'll guess the only reason it's not a deep carpet now is because it's winter.

It's a bit discouraging to see the building in such a state, but at the same time it's no surprise.  Assuming the inside is getting the same care as the outside, it's safe to say that the value of the building will continue to plummet.  Perhaps at some point (because of lacking funds due to dwindling numbers?) the building will be on the market.  It will basically need to be sold at a considerable loss.  I know the building is (probably) already paid for, but losing money will still hurt Scientology's books considerably.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 15:42 »
As I understand it, the lawn has been spotted quite high there before as well.

Yes, I believe the Code Enforcement people have been called before about that.  I seem to remember something about that being mentioned in the meetings.

It's a bit discouraging to see the building in such a state, but at the same time it's no surprise.  Assuming the inside is getting the same care as the outside, it's safe to say that the value of the building will continue to plummet.  Perhaps at some point (because of lacking funds due to dwindling numbers?) the building will be on the market.  It will basically need to be sold at a considerable loss.  I know the building is (probably) already paid for, but losing money will still hurt Scientology's books considerably.

I really don't understand the idea behind buying these expensive buildings and then letting the go to hell.  Is there some plan behind this, or is it just incompetence at MEST?  For that matter, what's the plan behind buying the buildings at all?

• Buying buildings so the orgs can get out of the cycle of getting behind on rent, and CSI having to bail them out?
  • An ill-conceived plan at the height of the RE market that the buildings would later be sold at a profit?
  • They really do believe "build it and they will come"?
  • Keep the locals busy so they don't notice all the out-points, like the fact that scientology is not expanding?

***:|

Even if the RE market was now what it was in 2005 or before, the building would have, by now, dropped in value due to the deterioration.

And there's still the seemingly odd but perhaps perfectly normal circumstances of the building's purchase:

http://www.fultonassessor.org/Main/Home.aspx
PARID: 17 006900010514   
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF GEORGIA INC   5395 ROSWELL RD
Sales
Sale Date   Sale Price   Grantee                                  Grantor
17-NOV-05   $5,600,000   CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF                 HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS
06-JUN-05   $4,600,000   HAMMOND PROPERTY INVESTORS               KIRBO PROPERTY SERVICES LLC
06-JUN-05   $3,550,000   KIRBO PROPERTY SERVICES LLC              JPMORGAN CHASE BANK
03-FEB-04   $0           JPMORGAN CHASE BANK                      REALMARK VII LP

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,313.0.html
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 16:48 »
Someone turned quite a profit in one day.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 23:57 »
Thats called a flip. Both Kirbo and Hammond flipped it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping

Why didn't the church just buy it from JP Morgan or the previous owner? It's not like they ddn't make the time to research the property before they purchased it, right?

Well it looks like Ray at xenu-directory beat me to this.
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/person.php?person_id=2388

Kevin L Engel is shown as one of the organizers/managers of Hammond in it's orignial filing in 2003.
http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Filings.asp?210625#

I wonder what the asssessed value was at the time just before it was taken over by jp morgan. That way we could see if it was foreclosed on from either a much lower price to then inflate value  or a much higher value, making it still a good deal for CoS despite the flips. 
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 01:22 »
Thats called a flip. Both Kirbo and Hammond flipped it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping

Why didn't the church just buy it from JP Morgan or the previous owner? It's not like they ddn't make the time to research the property before they purchased it, right?

Well it looks like Ray at xenu-directory beat me to this.
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/person.php?person_id=2388

Kevin Engle   SCIENTOLOGY MARRIAGE COUNSELLING    Ability 370   2003-08-01

Kevin L Engel is shown as one of the organizers/managers of Hammond in it's orignial filing in 2003.
http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Filings.asp?210625#

I wonder what the asssessed value was at the time just before it was taken over by jp morgan. That way we could see if it was foreclosed on from either a much lower price to then inflate value  or a much higher value, making it still a good deal for CoS despite the flips.

Fair market was $2,315,100 in 2003, 2004, and 2005.  Assessed (at least for Georgia tax purposes) is 40% of fair market; this is the part taxes are paid on, if taxes are paid.

2003:

2004:

2005:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

Narconon Reviews

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 11:15 »

I have a great idea for this property. The cults donates the property to the city. Cult gets massive PR. City then turns property into a park. City gets massive PR. The community gains a park and does not inherit a future problem ( Cult craziness).

OR, I can start pointing out that one WOODSON GALLOWAY of DILLARD & GALLOWAY can be seen ON VIDEOTAPE stating his client, the Church of Scientology of Ga is keeping up the property as per city code.

Mr Galloway needs to get off his ass and go see the property he and his firm are currently representing. WATCH the VIDEO'S. MR GALLOWAY inserts his foot so many times into his mouth, I have lost count!

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 22:02 »
I really don't understand the idea behind buying these expensive buildings and then letting the go to hell.  Is there some plan behind this, or is it just incompetence at MEST?  For that matter, what's the plan behind buying the buildings at all?

• Buying buildings so the orgs can get out of the cycle of getting behind on rent, and CSI having to bail them out?
  • An ill-conceived plan at the height of the RE market that the buildings would later be sold at a profit?
  • They really do believe "build it and they will come"?
  • Keep the locals busy so they don't notice all the out-points, like the fact that scientology is not expanding?

You've hit it about on the head with two of those points, and very close with the third.  From what I remember about reading Miscavage's Ideal Org program, he intended (keeping with the points above):

• Buying the buildings in cash by regging members gets orgs out of debt (real estate loans) while expanding them to a greater capacity for the "massive expansion" that everyone is promised.  Basically, yes: So they don't have to cry to mommy (CSI) to bail them out from failure in dateline payments.
  • DM stated that part of the Ideal orgs program *was,* in fact, a real estate investment system in which orgs would be able to sell their older ideal org buildings for a profit when they were out-grown.  In reality, it seems a failing international business is just using its members' money to stock up on real estate properties belonging to .... the failing corporation.  Ultimately, if CoS fails tomorrow or in a couple decades, DM is going to have billions in real estate to liquidate and try to buy his way out of prison(if it comes to that), or at least to still be guaranteed some financial security.
  • The last two are sort of combined here: It was also stated that making a big to-do about opening an org, especially a big fancy commanding-looking ideal org, would not only attract new members, but also attract a lot of positive PR for Scientology.  And we all know that Scientology is about three things: money, PR, and money.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 20:20 »

I have a great idea for this property. The cults donates the property to the city.

That'll never happen!

OR, I can start pointing out that one WOODSON GALLOWAY of DILLARD & GALLOWAY can be seen ON VIDEOTAPE stating his client, the Church of Scientology of Ga is keeping up the property as per city code.

It's a good thing lawyers aren't under oath when representing their clients, I guess, for Mr. Galloway's sake.

Mr Galloway needs to get off his ass and go see the property he and his firm are currently representing. WATCH the VIDEO'S. MR GALLOWAY inserts his foot so many times into his mouth, I have lost count!

:O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|   :O--|

Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 20:26 »
You've hit it about on the head with two of those points, and very close with the third.  From what I remember about reading Miscavage's Ideal Org program, he intended (keeping with the points above):

• Buying the buildings in cash by regging members gets orgs out of debt (real estate loans) while expanding them to a greater capacity for the "massive expansion" that everyone is promised.  Basically, yes: So they don't have to cry to mommy (CSI) to bail them out from failure in dateline payments.
  • DM stated that part of the Ideal orgs program *was,* in fact, a real estate investment system in which orgs would be able to sell their older ideal org buildings for a profit when they were out-grown.  In reality, it seems a failing international business is just using its members' money to stock up on real estate properties belonging to .... the failing corporation.  Ultimately, if CoS fails tomorrow or in a couple decades, DM is going to have billions in real estate to liquidate and try to buy his way out of prison(if it comes to that), or at least to still be guaranteed some financial security.
  • The last two are sort of combined here: It was also stated that making a big to-do about opening an org, especially a big fancy commanding-looking ideal org, would not only attract new members, but also attract a lot of positive PR for Scientology.  And we all know that Scientology is about three things: money, PR, and money.

This reasoning is faulty (not on your part, on DM's).

• They're having to sell their existing buildings to buy the Less Than Ideal Orgs.
  • CSI will just have to bail them out on their heating and cooling bills now.
  • The scientology customers are so broke from buying the buildings, they have no money left for services or donations to the IAS.
  • DM will not be able to sell all those properties fast enough, especially once they've been left to deteriorate.
  • Since the neighborhoods they're in don't want them there to begin with, there will be no good PR and no new members, and hence, no new money.

;)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 21:43 »
Found this posted on ARS; I think I've seen it somewhere else, too, but didn't have time to read it at the time:

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Criticism also from the inside! WTF: Idle Org?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:42:38 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <21215e98-a72c-4489-a176-070790f3ab09 @d8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>
Found this:

"Hello Everyone!!!

Did you ever notice that when you get an update about the Cincy Ideal Org
that you always hear "We're almost there!" or "We are soooooo close!" or
"We'll be starting renovations next month!" or "We just got the go ahead
to start!" or "We'll be finished by (fill in a previous date)!" or (my
favorite) "We only need another $1.5 million!"?

Did you ever notice that you haven't seen this ideal org yet?????

And why is that? Is it because of the money?? Well let's take a look at
some of the stats. If you take the Cincy Ideal Org Honor Roll and add up
all of the minimum contributions per category you will end up with over 7
million dollars contributed thus far. And that's just using the
minimums!!!!! So where's the ideal org????

We know that $1.6 million was spent on a building which leaves
approximately $5 million for renovations. So where's the money???? Is it
in an account expressly for the Cincy Ideal Org? That's what we were led
to believe! Where's the total and accurate accounting of every penny
contributed?? What are the expenses? How much interest has it earned??
What's left - and where is it??? An interesting fact is that if money
contributed to the Cincy Ideal Org is used for anything other than the the
Cincy Ideal Org then a fraud has been committed. Not my definition - just
happens to be a legal one.

And for all the lists of Ideal Org contributors I've never seen the ED of
Cincy or her husband on that list. I stand corrected if I'm wrong but I
believe these people are from very well to do families (multi-
millionaires) - so why aren't they providing the funding????

If you don't think that is true then please check it out for yourself. Or
better yet call the Org and ask them the above questions and have them
provide the proper account documents. Any legitimate church, business or
charity would give you that info. But you probably won't want to as I'm
sure it would lead to numerous security checks and ethics cycles for
questioning upper management. I know this as it has happened to others who
have asked (and then left as they were appalled by the real truth).

But hey! You're going to have an ideal org and once that happens then
everything will be okay! Right???? Wrong!!!! Let's take what happened to
the organization in Montreal as an example.

It's been a small, struggling church with 10 to 15 staff for 20 years. It
has a minuscule and limited number of active parishioners who have had
their arms twisted and their pockets emptied to eventually come up with $4
million dollars.
This money is used to buy some big, old building that is supposed to be
renovated and become beautiful. To do this, the public are told ANOTHER $4
million is needed which the parishioners don't have.

The newly purchased building sits empty and the church continues to
struggle in its existing location.

The Montreal church is completely insolvent, it owes bills going back for
ages (like almost every Scientology church on the planet) and it is harder
than ever to get the parishioners to pay for actual services that would
help support the local church because they donated what money they had,
direct to international management for the new building.

Okay, what happens if some rich parishioner (hint: to the ED and her
spouse at Cincy)actually gives so much money that the huge, beautiful
building actually gets opened? You have the same 10 to 15 struggling staff
with all their bills move into a building that is much more expensive to
run and maintain and no way to support it.

The public and staff think that at least the building is owned by their
local church and they no longer need to pay rent. Not true. The new church
is owned by the International Finance Office and the local church now pays
them the rent. That would be comparable to an individual living in an
apartment, saving all his money to buy a house and renovate it and when
that goal is accomplished - he now has to pay rent to live in the house he
bought and renovated. Doesn't make sense - does it?? Unless scams make
sense to you. In the end no actual expansion of religious activities is
created, in fact the opposite is true.

As a money-making scheme, it's quite successful.

A city church like Montreal has always taken a lot of work to manage and
only sends a few hundred dollars a week to management. Now, management has
received $4 million direct from this one church as straight donations and
there is no liability attached. Multiply this by more than 50 churches and
you get the picture. That's why the religious service aspect of the church
has taken a back seat and the commercial real estate angle has taken
center stage.

And once an Ideal Org is put there it doesn't mean it's going to last.
Take a look at the attached document and you will see that the San Diego
Ideal Org is up for sale. Now, we're talking about San Diego and not some
small org in Podunk! But please don't tell the staff as it will upset
them! By the way, you probably didn't hear about that at any of the
events.

And please do not think that I have a problem with those of you who
totally believe in the ideal org strategy. By all means contribute!! If
you really believe then sell all your possessions, mortgage your house and
max out every credit line and give it to the Cincy Ideal Org fund. You'll
be doing the greatest good for the greatest number of people - so they
say! If you don't have any money left after this is done then join staff
or the Sea Org.

They'll take care of you! I was told that many times. They are even having
a special event on January 22nd that's soooooooo secretive and soooooooo
special you can't even ask them what it's about! Hey - I bet I know what
it's about! I bet it's about you contributing a lot of $$$$ $$ money
$$$$$$$!

So please go to the Cincy Org on Jan. 22nd and bring your checkbook. I
hope everyone attends. Unfortunately, I won't be there as I'll be moving
UP the Bridge.

For all the info about the January 22nd event - copy and paste the
following in your internet browser and watch it. It's classic PR at its
best!!!!

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g458/MikeTeifke/?action=view%A4t=Trailer.mp4&evt=user_media_share
(Or:  http://tinyurl.com/64eqjbw )

ML,
The Org Insider

Sir Peter

"...in a sane society you would have
been stripped from your rights."
- Michel Snoeck/Roadrunner, 19 May 2010, at 19.44.

http://www.scamofscientology.nl

Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 21:47 »
And a reply from ARS:

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Subject: Re: Criticism also from the inside! WTF: Idle Org?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:20:57 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <90de0b71-150e-401f-8d07-c780a566db2d @i22g2000prd.googlegroups.com>
Good evil galactic Lord Xenu!

Is it possible that they pull the Super Power stunt on these local Orgs?
Finding that the donations are so good, they hold off on doing the
building or especially fixing it up, and just collect money for a rainy
day. (Approaching storm when no one believes in this BS.)

Reading on Marty's blog about the Italian who had his mind "blown out" in
auditing in the back of a store, it is beyond me how people have been
willing to shell out for these buildings in the first place. I guess it is
something they see as a physical manifestation of the greatness of Ron.
That's pretty important in a group where people have to keep all these
secrets from each other, let alone the public, so the building becomes the
only public manifestation of their beliefs and primary dynamic of KSW.

So, even if the building doesn't get built, the money is going on to the
greatness of Ron?

Their thinking about buildings is the same as it is about super powers.
The workers in the dead Orgs just think Scientology is flourishing
everywhere else, just as when they don't get super powers, they think
other people are getting them.

San Diego Org is dead because of the high cost of living there, with a
more educated populace who has to think twice, tighten their belts, and do
some research before spending their money on Scientology BS. They lack the
star worshipping nitwits and per capita crazies that are in LA.

I wonder at times if the classier, bigger, emptier buildings might even
contribute to it coming off as a money sucking scam. People think, where'd
they get all the money to do this? How can they even run it when there's
only a few people here?

These Scilons gotta understand, Davie has big PI bills to pay.

In what year will hired PIs outnumber actual members of this cult?
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 12:03 »
I don't know who Astrid is but her posts are usually very astute and direct to the point, like that one, lol

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 14:58 »

5395 Roswell Rd state o teh property report 7/09/2011.

Time continues to stand still! ;D

Graffiti is now present on the brick wall fence surrounding the property facing Glenridge Drive. I do not speak graffiti so I can not translate what it says.

Grass around and outside of the property appears to have been cut recently. Multiple shutters have been removed from the buildings exterior.

One dead crow seen in the parking lot facing the post office. M-|V|-M  (+):-)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 10:25 »
Pix?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 19:18 »
What about four months' progress? :)

I forgot to upload the first set back in March, but a two-set go sounds like fun!

MARCH

There were, indeed, some VERY bad shutters, especially near the Sales Office door!

The one on the far right is hanging by a hinge, about to fall off!

Here's a better look at the other two, both coming unhinged:

And most interesting on that trip is this good old light fixture, ready to kill someone:

JULY
(A couple more of us made our way out there this weekend, too :P)

ST: The graffiti you mentioned: Is this it? It's been there a while. I can only think it's some kid's street name, as it looks like common tagging. But I can't help enjoying the irony that someone is tagging "Pest" on a Scientology property!

This truck was there for at least 45 minutes.

It might explain why there was a light on in a back office. It's difficult to tell, but that golden glow is from inside.

Some of the shutters may have been removed, but they missed a dangerous one!

The roof is as bad as ever! I'm not sure, but it seems maybe some of their craptacular ridge patches are coming off!

Some of the many speckled and discolored shingles

warpage and roof rot:

Rotting wood at their roof pinnacle thing:

But wait! There's MORE!

There's a SQUIRREL on the roof! O nose!

Oh, wait! The squirrel lives IN the roof!

(Seriously, Scientologists: No joke here. Take care of that before it causes any major damage in the attic! Besides, it's a potential health risk.)

"Oh shnikeys! They caught me!"

And for reference: yes. It IS the Ideal ORg's roof vent.

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 19:21 »
Oh, and ST:

We looked but there was no sign of the dead crow. Either we missed it, or your post stirred them into action!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 19:38 »
The Atlanta Idle Org has been infiltrated by squirrels, LOL!!
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 20:09 »
Oh, wait! The squirrel lives IN the roof!

That is priceless!

I don't think they care about damage.  Fixing the damage (that they're blaming on Sandy Springs for not letting them build the additional floor) will just be another opportunity to reg the membership for more money. 

I wonder what kind of offer they would take for that building right now?  They could save money by stopping the RLUIPA suit, and dispose of this obviously unsuitable building and get one more appropriately sized for their membership.  Of course, anyone making an offer would have to take both the current condition and the current real estate market into account when formulating the offer...

"Oh shnikeys! They caught me!"

Stu, the leg action on that squirrel.  Great shot!   L-O-:

One might think the squirrel just realized who owns the building.   :D
   Narconon Reviews