Author Topic: [Yahoo] California Scientology Churches Back Fire Crews (PitchEngine)  (Read 2022 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
California Scientology Churches Back Fire Crews (PitchEngine)
3 September 2009, 1:45 am

California Scientology Churches Back Fire Crews
Scientologists from throughout Southern California rally to support the firefighters battling blazes that threaten thousands of suburban homes

09.02.2009 – Acknowledging the many Scientologists volunteering on the LA fire lines, Ms. Eden Stein, President of the Church of Scientology of Pasadena said, "The firefighters are the true heroes. They are out there under the most trying conditions, literally putting their lives on the line. We have the finest fire crews in the world protecting us and they deserve our full support."

Scientology volunteers are distributing food and water and providing security patrols in addition to giving Scientology assists, simple procedures developed by Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard that help relieve the emotional and spiritual aspect of trauma from injury, stress or shock.

more at California Scientology Churches Back Fire Crews (PitchEngine)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 18:14 by ethercat »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Scientology tooting its own horn again, proving one more time that any efforts to help are more about good publicity than good will.

Notice it's only the Co$ president in Pasadena that has anything good to say.  If they could have squeezed a word or two out of anyone else in an influential position, they would have, and would have reported it.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Scientology tooting its own horn again, proving one more time that any efforts to help are more about good publicity than good will.

Notice it's only the Co$ president in Pasadena that has anything good to say.  If they could have squeezed a word or two out of anyone else in an influential position, they would have, and would have reported it.

Do you maybe mean that there are so few members...?

Lovely thought there!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Actually, what I'm thinking of is the multiple times they have gone to disaster sites, and used the opportunity as a photo op, and twisted anything they could to imply that their efforts are desired and valuable, when in fact they are unhelpful and, in many cases, unwanted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2005/jan/29/theeditorpressreview
One of the religious groups in Aceh is the Church of Scientology. Gregory Churilov, who is working for the Scientologists there, explained his faith offers the Acehnese "a methodology to handle loss and trauma". But, as England observed, "in an unusual twist on the notion of bringing aid to the destitute, Churilov says his group arrived in Aceh with nothing and were given tents by the army and food by friendly locals. Unfazed that the aid flow was meant to go the other way, he used this as an example of how well accepted the Scientologists were by local people, rather than as an example of traditional manners."

Another example is this, from the VM website:
Scientology Volunteer Ministers have provided assistance to refugee camps in Kosovo, to earthquake victims in Kobe, Japan and to survivors of the bombing in Oklahoma City. They have trained Red Cross personnel in technologies to further their relief efforts in Western China, to aid those displaced by an earthquake on Russia’s Sakhalin Island and to assist victims of Hurricane Andrew which devastated parts of Florida.

The first to take advantage of the Volunteer Ministers disaster relief training program was the local Red Cross, whose staff and volunteers attended seminars on communication and ethics. The Red Cross personnel also learned to deliver Scientology assists—simple techniques developed by L. Ron Hubbard that handle the spiritual component in trauma.

when in fact, the Red Cross has responded in this way (http://www.cosvm.org/disrupt8.htm ):
Your email regarding the Scientology web site was forwarded to my attention. External Relations, Disaster Services liaisons with over 80 organizations who support disaster relief throughout the the United States and its territories. These partnerships encourage coordination, cooperation and collaboration in providing disaster relief to optimize the assistance for persons affected by disasters while minimizing the duplication of services. We are very proud of our working partnerships.

The American Red Cross does not have a formalized national relationship with the Church of Scientology. Additionally, I contacted Doug Wallace, Director, Disaster Services, St Louis, who stated the Church of Scientology did assist St. Louis in the 1995 floods, but they were not Red Cross volunteers.

It is often difficult to request that organizations eliminate Red Cross references on their web sites. Their statement regarding Red Cross relationship is relatively generic; although the photo alludes to a more specific Red Cross relationship. I suspect the photo opportunity presented itself when someone was simply standing in front of the Red Cross sign. I have forwarded your email to information services and to our General Counsel for their perusal. We will continue to monitor the web site for other Red Cross references.

Thank you for your email and your concern regarding American Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts.

Beverly J. Hoover
External Relations
Disaster Services
703-206-8565

A debunking from Zurich, Switzerland (http://www.lermanet.com/cisar/germany/021013.htm ):
November 29, 2001
Der Tages-Anzeiger

by Hugo Stamm

Scientology is always jumping up on stage. The series of disasters in the USA and in Switzerland has animated the sect to build an operational unit by the name of "Volunteer Ministers." The "Volunteer Ministers" were widely activated after the collapse of the World Trade Center and in the recent airliner crash in New York. Then the Swiss Scientologists showed up, as if someone had called them, for the Crossair accident in Switzerland on Saturday to prove their usefulness during catastrophes.

But they arrived too late. The wounded were already in the hospital and the airport's Care-Team were already long at work. Even if the Scientologists had appeared at just the right moment at the crash site, they still would have had to watch idly. "We do not accept the Scientologists as helpers," categorically stated Hans Baltensberger, press spokesman for the Canton police.The Hubbard disciples were not only unwanted in Bassersdorf, they will be put on their way if they show up again.  Rescue management at the Crossair crash had warned the Care-Team about uninvited helpers, said Baltensberger. They already had bad experiences with people who called themselves assistance personnel during an attempted murder on a train. Whether those were Scientologists or not, the police spokesman could not say.

Firefighters were not happy either about the volunteer helpers. "They hurt more than they help," said Willi Ehrbar in the capacity of commander of the Zurich professional firefighters. The rescue teams are set up to work with each other. Unfamiliar personnel without assigned tasks only get in the way. He said there was even a case where the volunteers fought over who got the patient.

Then there are the leaked emails sent in the heat of the moments right after the World Trade Center disaster (http://www.holysmoke.org/vultures/vultures.htm):
Due to the incredible acknowledgement our VMs are getting in NY, I think we have produced some major wins for ourselves out of this crisis. With the President and our Congress and military focused on taking out the planetary SPs [Supressive Persons], WE can move in with the tech and really make some headway! Just think of all the new people already on the Bridge!! That is going to multiply geometrically into HUGE proportions. I don't know about the rest of you, but I, for one, am JAZZED!!! Scientology and Scientologists ROCK!!!!!

And what happened with the psychs [psychologists and psychiatrists] who had been 'In-Charge?' Since we jumped in so quickly, confronted what was needed and then started providing it, even the psychiatrics viewed us as the leaders. So, they started asking us what they should do. We found some good MEST work [menial labor such as digging holes with a shovel; lackey] for them to do, which they did, and they came up tone as they were now contributing.

ML, PO3 Peter McCuen, (Supercargo ASHOF, before 4 Oct 2001)

Additionally we are trying to move in and knock the psychs out of counseling to the grieving families and that could take another 100 plus people right now. Due to some brilliant maneuvering by some simply genius Sea Org Members we tied up the majority of the psychs who were attempting to get to families yesterday in Q&A, bullbait and wrangling. They have a hard time completing cycles of action and are pretty easy to disperse. But today they are out in full force and circling like vultures over these people and all of our resources are tied up in the support efforts in the disaster zone at present.

Plenty more examples here: http://www.cosvm.org/ and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_Ministers .

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions