Author Topic: New Narconon  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
New Narconon
« on: March 20, 2011, 15:02 »
Narconon Warner Springs now known as Sunshine Summit Lodge required a Major Use Permit (P01-020) to open and operate as a residential drug/alcohol facility and now operates under the conditions of that permit.

It appears they have opened another facility in Sunshine Summit - Narconon JLB Ranch www.adp.ca.gov/Licensing/pdf/Status_report.pdf  (enter narconon jlb in the search).

I do not believe Narconon applied for a Major Use Permit to find out more information contact County Supervisor Bill Horn bill.horn@sdcounty.ca.gov and the Department of Planning and Land Use (DPLU) sanmarcos.ce@sdcounty.ca.gov .

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: New Narconon
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:08 »
Narconon Warner Springs now known as Sunshine Summit Lodge required a Major Use Permit (P01-020) to open and operate as a residential drug/alcohol facility and now operates under the conditions of that permit.

It appears they have opened another facility in Sunshine Summit - Narconon JLB Ranch www.adp.ca.gov/Licensing/pdf/Status_report.pdf  (enter narconon jlb in the search).

I do not believe Narconon applied for a Major Use Permit to find out more information contact County Supervisor Bill Horn bill.horn@sdcounty.ca.gov and the Department of Planning and Land Use (DPLU) sanmarcos.ce@sdcounty.ca.gov .

Thanks for letting us know, Sunshine, and for the contact addresses.  I'll email the county people.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:47 »
Page 206 of the PDF:

Program name: NARCONON JLB RANCH
Legal name: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Address: 35955 HIGHWAY 79
City, State: WARNER SPRINGS, CA 92086
Phone #:        Fax #:      
Record ID: 370087BN
Service Type: RES-DETOX
Resident Capacity: 6
Total Occupancy: 8
Target Population: 1.1
Expiration Date: 11/30/2012

Target Population: 1.1   LOL!   <--:D-->

From http://www.xenu-directory.net/glossary/glossary_o.htm#One_One
One One or 1.1

Someone stuck at 1.1 on Hubbard's emotional Tone Scale, an SP (Suppressive Person; someone who disagrees with Scientology and deserves to be destroyed because of their beliefs.) See Tone Scale.

Tax Assessment Parcel ID: 114-080-36-00
Property taxes are due.  First installment paid late.
Owners: DOMBROSKE KEITH W & JILL E
Search San Diego County Property

Review on Google Maps for Narconon Southern California using this address:
TravlinMan ‎ -  Dec 26, 2009
Beware, my friends... What Narconon did very effectively was transform my wife from someone who when she left for the facility, was committed to doing whatever was necessary to get clean and sober in order to create a better environment for our marriage, into someone who, during her stay there was convinced that she wanted to live separate lives. After 5 months at the Narconon facility, she "graduated" with accolades from the staff, then summarily relapsed on her first day out. Her only apparent "graduation" was to harder drugs than she had ever done before Narconon, which she scored and consumed with another Narconon graduate she had met while there, as well as engaging in actions not suitable for a married woman. Following her re-entry into the Narconon system and second staff-endorsed discharge, she has been arrested on drug charges, and after working through the court system, which imposed strict requirements for attending treatment, she appears to be on better footing, no thanks to Narconon.

Emails sent.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
  • For me, it really is KCW (Keep Chanology Working)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 21:21 »
Target Population: 1.1   LOL!   <--:D-->

L-O-: That is just perfect.

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 22:23 »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 00:23 »
That is interesting.  There are 2 parcels with that address.  Yours makes more sense than the one I quoted.

Do you happen to know what the "Address Types" shown, "Master" and "Alias", mean?

Anyhow, after having my emails to the addresses above forwarded around, I got a response today (with 4 sdcounty.ca.gov addresses cc:ed, interestingly) from Richard Grunow, Chief, Project Planning Division, Department of Planning and Land Use:

Attached is a letter in response to a request from County Supervisor Bill
Horn and Chief Administrative Officer Walt Ekard regarding your April 2, 2011
email about the Narconon Facility in Warner Springs.

Please call or email me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks, Rich

The attachment was a letterhead PDF with the following:

RE: NARCONON FACILITY LOCATAED AT 35955 HIGHWAY 79 IN WARNER
SPRINGS

Dear __________:

This letter is in response to a request from District 5 County Supervisor Bill Horn and
Chief Administrative Officer Walt Ekard regarding your email dated April 2, 2011 in which
you asked whether the Narconon Facility located at 35955 Highway 79 ¡n Warner Springs
had a Major use Permit, and if not, if it required one in order to operate.

According to the State of California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, the
subject facility is licensed to care for 6 individuals. Alcohol recovery and drug abuse
facilities which serve 6 individuals or less are allowed to operate if licensed by the State
of California. Furthermore, section 11834.02-11834.30 of the State Health and Safety
Code preempts local governments from regulating or otherwise exercising zoning
controls over a facility which serves 6 or fewer individuals. Consequently, the subject
facility does not require a Major Use Permit from the county of san Diego.
lf you have any questions, please contact me at ___-___-____.

Sincerely,
(signed in blue pen)
RICHARD GRUNOW, Chief
Department of Planning and Land Use

I imagine they set the Resident Capacity at 6 specifically to avoid the Major Use Permitting process.  We can guess that number doesn't mean anything to Narconon, though, if they decide to house more than 6.

Narconon Reviews