Author Topic: Mission Spork has Launched! Encourage the author!  (Read 767 times)

Offline MafiaWog

• On the path to knowledge
Mission Spork has Launched! Encourage the author!
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:58 »
[Crossposting this everywhere, but it deserves it]
[I couldnt start a new topic in "Scientology Blogs to watch" for some reason, so I figured here is OK... ?]

http://missionspork.blogspot.com/

Go there.  Subscribe in reader.  ENCOURAGE!

The person who suffered through all 1000+ pages of Battlefield Earth so that we could gaze upon the idiocy of LRH's "pure science fiction" without having to directly interact with the book has announced that he/she will indeed be doing a sporking of the Mission Earth "decology". 

For those who don't know, a sporking is a wonderfully honest and no-holds-barred written critique of any book/story/etc.  Think of it as a roasting of a book, but the roastmaster isn't "just a friend busting your balls"; they rip into the original text, humourously pointing out plot holes, bad grammar, etc.  I think the author/blogger of Battlefield Spork took about a year or so to complete his thorough dissection of that piece of ... shit.  I was going to say "literature", and then "shit", but no... B.E. was just shit.

Anyway, for a good stream of laughs updated however often he/she feels like it, give it a read.  At least visiting the site or otherwise letting the blogger know they have an audience might fend off any thoughts of abandoning this funny-yet-potentially-useful analysis of LRH drivel. 

That is all.  Viva Mission Spork!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Mission Spork has Launched! Encourage the author!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:53 »
The person who suffered through all 1000+ pages of Battlefield Earth so that we could gaze upon the idiocy of LRH's "pure science fiction" without having to directly interact with the book has announced that he/she will indeed be doing a sporking of the Mission Earth "decology". 

Amazing! This effort takes a certain dedication and lunacy that many do not possess!

Thanks for crosspost, MafiaWog. I'll ask Alias to check into the thread-starting problem in "Scientology Blogs to Watch." 
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Mission Spork has Launched! Encourage the author!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 22:24 »
I went and read it and so far, it's very good! Posted a couple of comments too.

Just subscribed so I can keep up with it. Thanks MafiaWog
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.