Author Topic: The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology, No. 23: Ken Dandar - Village Voice (blog)  (Read 584 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology, No. 23: Ken Dandar - Village Voice (blog)
11 August 2011, 9:06 am
by Tony Ortega

Last Friday, we started a countdown that will give credit -- or blame -- to the people who have contributed most to the sad current state of Scientology. From its greatest expansion in the 1980s, the church is a shell of what it once was and is mired in countless controversies around the world. Some of that was self-inflicted, and some of it has come from outside. Join us now as we continue on our investigation of those people most responsible...

The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology

#23: Ken Dandar (and other attorneys who litigate against the church)

‚ÄčThe first person Lisa McPherson's family thanked after their ordeal was over and they had pried a settlement out of Scientology nine years after Lisa's death was their attorney, Ken Dandar. McPherson's aunt, Dell Liebreich, wrote this about Dandar after the court case was finally over:

"He and his brother Tom are very brave and withstood the onslaught of the persistent attacks of Scientology and its agents. No other attorneys would help us. Even after Ken had a quintuple coronary bypass, he was in court facing Scientology, three days following his hospital discharge. His wife, Lauren, and his daughter, Christina, also withstood the great pressure in facing Scientology, things I dare not mention here. Over these many years, I am amazed at how many people, including lawyers, told me and my sisters how lucky we were to have someone like Ken and his brother fighting for us, undaunted by the methods used by Scientology. Not even the Minton efforts of Scientology could stand against Ken. We thank Luke Lirot, Ken's attorney, for doing a great job in representing Ken and us in court."

more at http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/ken_dandar_top_25_crippling_scientology.php
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 16:23 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.