Author Topic: Believing in the almighty buck - Winnipeg Free Press  (Read 925 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Believing in the almighty buck - Winnipeg Free Press
« on: August 20, 2011, 20:44 »
Fav quote from this article:
"When the story of Scientology is made into a movie -- and this book is that interesting -- at least they don't have too far to look for actors. Tom Cruise would be a natural to play David Miscavige."

Faith
Winnipeg Free Press
Believing in the almighty buck
Science-fiction-based religion of Scientology not for the weak of will or weak of wallet, author writes

Reviewed by: Donna Harris
Posted: 08/20/2011 1:00 AM

"It takes a brave soul to write about the inner workings of an organization that is arguably not only America's most secretive religion, but also the most litigious and vindictive. Let's hope the author has deep pockets and an alligator-like hide, or at the very least, an unlisted phone number.

We do know that Janet Reitman holds a master's degree in journalism from Columbia University. While her work has appeared in a number of magazines and papers, this is her first book. She is currently a contributing editor for Rolling Stone, where her original article, Inside Scientology, was published in 2006.

In the five years it has taken to complete this volume, Reitman has conducted extensive research and interviewed dozens of Scientologists, both current and ex-members, famous and obscure, teens and seniors, from former powerful insiders to young third-generation Scientologists." ....
Read on for more..
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/life/faith/religion-revenue--revenge-128116148.html
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.