Author Topic: [Yahoo] Sep 11th (Namibia Economist)  (Read 1474 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
[Yahoo] Sep 11th (Namibia Economist)
« on: September 11, 2009, 06:01 »
Sep 11th (Namibia Economist)
11 September 2009, 5:46 am

This Friday marks the eighth anniversary of the destruction of the World Trade Centre in New York. Although it does not seem that long ago, it is becoming obvious that people are quick to forget and many Namibians I polled on their views of the incident, first responded with: “Was it that long ago?” and then retorted: “What does it have to do with us?”.

In the meantime I have also made it my task to acquire a more academic understanding of Islam. What I have learned astonished me. Amongst the many tracts, polemic and neutral, I have read, I found tracks of a quiet unobtrusive law-abiding mass of believers whose faith is their pillar and guide for everyday life in exactly the same way, any other religion support its followers spiritually and emotionally. The overwhelming multitude of Muslim believers does not want to fly into the World Trade Centre or kill all Westerners or Christians. The profile of the ordinary Muslim conforms, in my mind, almost carbon-like to the profile of the ordinary Christian, Hindo, Sjinto, Bhuddist, Bahai, Scientologist, or whatever. In short, Muslims are people just like any other people.

more at http://www.economist.com.na/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19771:make-a-minute-to-contemplate-the-hatred-in-extremism&catid=532:editors-desk&Itemid=53

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 00:29 by ethercat »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: [Yahoo] Sep 11th (Namibia Economist)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 00:30 »
The profile of the ordinary Muslim conforms, in my mind, almost carbon-like to the profile of the ordinary Christian, Hindo, Sjinto, Bhuddist, Bahai, Scientologist, or whatever.

Which of these things are not like the others?

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 09:33 »
Dante, in 'The Inferno', said that some folks are so evil their souls go straight to hell while their bodies continue to walk the earth amongst the living.

This may be an explanation for the personalities of upper cult management.

On the bright side, some souls seem to come back - witness the stories at throughthedoor.net or at http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-active-projects/big-list-ex-scientologists-who-have-spoken-out-48237/

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 20:36 »
The profile of the ordinary Muslim conforms, in my mind, almost carbon-like to the profile of the ordinary Christian, Hindo, Sjinto, Bhuddist, Bahai, Scientologist, or whatever.

Which of these things are not like the others?

One of them definitely different!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama