Author Topic: Narconon Arrowhead Spokesperson Explains: How Trying To Get Sober Too Suddenly ... - OfficialWire (press release)  (Read 4001 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Narconon Arrowhead Spokesperson Explains: How Trying To Get Sober Too Suddenly ... - OfficialWire (press release)
8 September 2011, 2:02 pm

Narconon Arrowhead Spokesperson Explains: How Trying To Get Sober Too Suddenly ...

OfficialWire (press release)

Erica Catton, spokesperson for Narconon Arrowhead, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian, Oklahoma observed, “After years of drug and alcohol abuse, Amy went to rehab at least three times but each time it was just for one or a few weeks. ...

Source: narconon - Google News

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I anticipated a Narconon press release mentioning the death of Amy Winehouse long before today. It has been their pattern to game the search engines by using celebrity deaths from substance abuse in the past. Sadly, there are no shortage of these deaths.

Erica touches on some important points in her press release, but fails to mention the dangers of a drug-free alcohol detox and as usual concludes that Narconon is the best solution. This is one of at least 5 press releases out from various Narconon locations on Official Wire today.

Possibly, they are hurting for business after negative media attention over the summer, multiple lawsuits and the ongoing complaints and investigations in Canada.

Inside Scientology's Rehab Racket - The Fix
http://www.thefix.com/content/narconons-big-con
For Great Justice: David Love: Scientology Narconon - Cult Rehab Center
http://anonforgreatjustice.blogspot.com/2011/07/david-love-scientology-narconon-cult.html
Reaching For the Tipping Point - Narconon
Additional info: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/page,Narconon.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 23:46 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
It is a sad thing that some people see another's death as an opportunity for profit - and it's not just scientology and narconon who use this for their gain.  It's bad enough when for-profit corporations do this, but it is absolutely disgraceful when a non-profit that calls itself a church (when it's convenient) does it. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
Narconon references the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and agrees with NIH about the benefits of a long term treatment program, too bad they don’t agree on the following from NIH.

2. Is alcoholism a disease?
Yes, alcoholism is a disease. The craving that an alcoholic feels for alcohol can be as strong as the need for food or water. An alcoholic will continue to drink despite serious family, health, or legal problems.
Like many other diseases, alcoholism is chronic, meaning that it lasts a person's lifetime; it usually follows a predictable course; and it has symptoms. The risk for developing alcoholism is influenced both by a person's genes and by his or her lifestyle. (See also "Publications," Alcohol Alert No. 30: Diagnostic Criteria for Alcohol Abuse and Dependence.)

4. Can alcoholism be cured?
No, alcoholism cannot be cured at this time. Even if an alcoholic hasn't been drinking for a long time, he or she can still suffer a relapse. Not drinking is the safest course for most people with alcoholism. 
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/FAQs/General-English/Pages/default.aspx#disease   

Narconon Arrowhead website

Narconon Arrowhead has an excellent track record for alcoholism addiction treatment. While many treatment centers believe that alcoholism is an incurable disease requiring a lifetime of treatment, Narconon Arrowhead has been able to prove that alcoholism is an addiction that can be completely overcome.
http://www.stopaddiction.com/index.php/Alcoholism/Alcohol-Addiction-Treatment/

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Valuable post, Sunshine.

I've been so busy this past year that I ddn't see that Erica Catton and husband Lucas Catton are back in Oklahoma. 

She also personally owns hundreds of fake referral sites and her husband recruits patients for Narconon and their other front centers.

She was previously posted as Deputy Dir of Expansion or sum such for the Narconon Eastern United States
(EUS) which covers :

Narconon in Florida Narconon in Georgia Narconon in Louisiana Narconon in Michigan
Narconon New England Drug Prevention

Being at EUS must have been hell. They had her there when EUS took over Narconon Fredom Center. There were quite a few problems there, including not paying staff, which were reported to government agencies. She also helped Kurt Feshbacha nd his FL spring hill prtners learn the tricks of her trade in opening up fake referral sites.

Gotta love this LinkedIn  IT shows that this is what she does.  Also shows she's also a scientologist.
Thanks for documenting that Narconon is Scientology, Erica

Erica Catton
Deputy Snr. Dir. For Expansion at Narconon Arrowhead

Industry
Health, Wellness and Fitness
Erica Catton's Overview
Current •Deputy Snr. Dir. For Expansion at Narconon Arrowhead
Past •Deputy Executive Director for Expansion at Narconon East U.S.
•DED Expansion at Narconon East U.S.
•Internet Sales & Optimization at Southern Healthcare Resources
Executive at Narconon Arrowhead see less

see all
Education •Pennsylvania College of Technology
Recommendations 1 person has recommended Erica
Connections 52 connections
Websites•Company Website
Erica Catton's Summary

I have worked in the addiction treatment field for over 9 years. I was an Executive at Narconon Arrowhead for 5 years and then created my own field group to send people to Narconon programs and to train others to do the same. My purpose was to help people get into successful drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs that are drug free and to get other's started who are on the same purpose line and helping anyone that wanted to have their own web-site(s).

I now work for Narconon Arrowhead again as the Deputy Senior Director for Expansion.

SpecialtiesCertified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor, Trained in Public Relations, Media-Promotion, Ethics, and as a Narconon Executive.

Erica Catton's Experience
Deputy Snr. Dir. For Expansion Narconon Arrowhead
Health, Wellness and Fitness industry

September 2010 – Present (1 year 1 month)

Deputy Executive Director for Expansion Narconon East U.S.

2009 – 2010 (1 year)

DED Expansion Narconon East U.S.
Nonprofit; Health, Wellness and Fitness industry

February 2009 – August 2010 (1 year 7 months)

Establishing Narconon programs throughout the east.

Internet Sales & Optimization Southern Healthcare Resources

January 2007 – January 2010 (3 years 1 month)

We help get people into drug free drug rehab programs. We build web-sites for people in the addiction field who want to get others into drug free drug rehab programs. We also build other types of web-sites.

Executive Narconon Arrowhead

January 2002 – January 2007 (5 years 1 month)

The largest private, inpatient drug rehabilitation program in the country that achieves an over 70% success rate.

Erica Catton's Education
Pennsylvania College of Technology Associate, Mass Communication
1998 – 2000

Erica Catton's Additional Information
Websites:•Company Website
Interests:Internet work, networking, Narconon, helping people who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol and their families. Helping those get started who want to get people into drug free drug treatment programs. I am also a Scientologist and have been getting trained in and using this technology for more than 7 years.

Groups and Associations:Scientology, Citizen's Commission for Human Rights (CCHR), Narconon International, Narconon Arrowhead and all other Narconon centers in the U.S.
  Narconon Alumni Honors and Awards:I have received many commendations as an Executive at Narconon Arrowhead over the years. I am a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) and a Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor (CCDC).

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/erica-catton/9/185/3b2
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 22:27 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Narconon references the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and agrees with NIH about the benefits of a long term treatment program, too bad they don’t agree on the following from NIH.

2. Is alcoholism a disease?
Yes, alcoholism is a disease. The craving that an alcoholic feels for alcohol can be as strong as the need for food or water. An alcoholic will continue to drink despite serious family, health, or legal problems.
Like many other diseases, alcoholism is chronic, meaning that it lasts a person's lifetime; it usually follows a predictable course; and it has symptoms. The risk for developing alcoholism is influenced both by a person's genes and by his or her lifestyle. (See also "Publications," Alcohol Alert No. 30: Diagnostic Criteria for Alcohol Abuse and Dependence.)

4. Can alcoholism be cured?
No, alcoholism cannot be cured at this time. Even if an alcoholic hasn't been drinking for a long time, he or she can still suffer a relapse. Not drinking is the safest course for most people with alcoholism. 
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/FAQs/General-English/Pages/default.aspx#disease   

Narconon Arrowhead website

Narconon Arrowhead has an excellent track record for alcoholism addiction treatment. While many treatment centers believe that alcoholism is an incurable disease requiring a lifetime of treatment, Narconon Arrowhead has been able to prove that alcoholism is an addiction that can be completely overcome.
http://www.stopaddiction.com/index.php/Alcoholism/Alcohol-Addiction-Treatment/

__WB__ Good to see you posting here, Sunshine

Interesting info on Erica, Mary.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Yes, good to see you, Sunshine.

While it may be a nice fantasy that addicition can be cured, and one that is attractive to people with substance abuse problems, there is no "silver bullet" for addiction problems.  Narconon is one of many rehab programs who play on the emotions of people who want help, whether they themselves are the person with the problem, or someone seeking help for a loved one.  People searching for a rehab should be wary of programs that sound too good to be true, and should view these programs with a good amount of skepticism, as painful as the truth may be.  People need real help, not a dream.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions