Author Topic: Scientology "Ideal Orgs" Laid Bare In Our Thursday Stats Roundup! - Village Voic  (Read 487 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology "Ideal Orgs" Laid Bare In Our Thursday Stats Roundup! - Village Voice (blog)
13 October 2011, 12:33 pm

It's that time of the week again -- at 2 pm on Thursdays, Scientology orgs turn in their stats for the week, and so we like to do our own accounting of how things went for the church with our weekly roundup.

After the jump, an eye-opening look inside an "Ideal org" by our sister paper in Phoenix. But first, watch this video segment released by Mark Bunker, in which he interviews Jamie DeWolf for his upcoming documentary, Knowledge Report.

Jamie puts on another fine performance here. Listed at #22 in our countdown, DeWolf is the great-grandson of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, and he's also a noted slam poet and stage performer who lives in the Oakland area.

As in his previous appearances, he tries to convey what life was like for his grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard Jr., who changed his name to Ron DeWolf as he distanced himself from Scientology.

"Imagine if your father was a cult leader. Imagine if your father was literally referred to as 'The Source,' and people have to salute his picture, even when he's dead. Imagine that's your dad. Where are you going to get guidance from?"

more at http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/scientology_ide.php
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 18:19 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.