Author Topic: [Yahoo] Scientology: Scientology Opening Up Big Ideal Org in Inglewood  (Read 1936 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology: Scientology Opening Up Big Ideal Org in Inglewood
24 October 2011, 7:49 pm

The Church of Scientology is going big in the Inglewood area, where it's about to open a huge new Ideal Org on Market Street downtown. On the same day, it'll debut a community center at the old Vermont Village...

Source: scientology OR scientologist OR miscavige OR criminon OR CCHR OR freewinds - Yahoo! News Search Results

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Judging by a video on the Scientology website, the Church is making no secret that it wants to go after the area's large black and Latino populations.

Here's hoping the black and Latino populations won't be as gullible as the "church" thinks they will.

In 2010, the city's planning commission originally rejected the Church's plans because of the parking impact, a conflict with the city's general plan, which outlines a retail/entertainment area for downtown Inglewood, and major public opposition. The Church hauled out federal Religious Land Use and Institutional Persons Act laws and the city council eventually overturned the commission's decision.

The Inglewood City Council didn't want to fight the big bad RLUIPA law, so they caved.  Makes the actions of Sandy Springs oh so much sweeter.   \^^/
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
In 2010, the city's planning commission originally rejected the Church's plans because of the parking impact, a conflict with the city's general plan, which outlines a retail/entertainment area for downtown Inglewood, and major public opposition. The Church hauled out federal Religious Land Use and Institutional Persons Act laws and the city council eventually overturned the commission's decision.

The Inglewood City Council didn't want to fight the big bad RLUIPA law, so they caved.  Makes the actions of Sandy Springs oh so much sweeter.   \^^/

True that. The citizens of Sandy Springs are an unusually informed and motivated community.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama