Author Topic: Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place  (Read 18971 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place
« on: November 15, 2011, 16:30 »
Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place

This is the story of two men who attended Narconon Arrowhead last month. Both became ill. One finally managed to leave but not until after the death of the other. The details of one leads to the details of the other and while more information is pending on the death, there is enough available to give you an idea of what was happening and why Narconon Arrowhead needs to be investigated and shut down.

On Qctober 25, 2011, Thirty two year old Gabriel Graves complained of a very terrible headache, a worsening continuation of the one from the day before. It started after he began going into the sauna part of the Narconon drug program he'd gone to in order to get help with his addiction. He had been sweating for hours a day after taking the daily increasing amounts of of vitamins - the combination of which, according to the materials he was made to study, were to remove drugs and toxins from his body. He complained about his headaces and his pain, and asked for pain relief but was denied any each time. Instead, he was told to get back into the sauna.

This happened to another 'student, as they call them in Narconon. Both were suffering and not getting the medical attention they needed. This other 'student' ( who will call Joe ) was experiencing a severe headache and high blood pressure, and despite the high readings and requests for something to alievate the headache, he, too was refused and told to go back in the sauna. It was said that they both had asked on several occasions for either one any over-the-counter headache relief medication and to see a doctor. Both had been told there there was none on the premises. So, the program staff refused to help Gabriel. And Joe.

According to Joe, it was said by others that Narconon was not even allowing other students to take their prescribed medications. That it was said that another student there had been refused his own blood pressure medication. They were told in the contract they signed that "Narconon is a drug-free program." [..]

Read on about what happened to "Joe" and Gabriel before and after, October 26th, the day Gabriel Graves was found dead at Narconon Arrowhead.....
http://narconon.blogspot.com/2011/11/narconon-oklahoma-is-deadly-place.html

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 17:39 »
So, I wonder how many people have to die before Narconon is shut down? This is not the first case of its kind. How long will state agencies fail to act?

A tragic and needless death.

:'(  :O^:O#red#

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 18:35 »
Well, Anonymous and former Narconon Oklahoma grad Colin Henderson seem to be working hard to get the state to act, that's for sure!

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/anonymous-stops-narconon-from-visiting-oklahoma-school.95085/page-12
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 18:51 »
Well, Anonymous and former Narconon Oklahoma grad Colin Henderson seem to be working hard to get the state to act, that's for sure!

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/anonymous-stops-narconon-from-visiting-oklahoma-school.95085/page-12
Wonderful!

A little bird told me that ODMHSAS was notified, as well. I haven't gotten up to speed with their regs yet. Surely, withholding prescribed medications is a violation worthy of a citation. I also doubt that Narconon notified the agency of the death within 24 hours. That is most likely another violation, but I will research. 

http://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/Chapter%2018%20Final%20eff%2007-11-10%20%282%29.pdf
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 19:03 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:55 »
I have added Gabriel's name to the Narconon Deaths list: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,402.0.html

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 21:48 »
Patriot75 reports the following on WWP:
I had a conversation today with ODMHSAS http://ok.gov/odmhsas/ . I ask them what the progress was regarding NN Arrowhead cert. They told me that ODMHSAS has done a walk through and found many things that NN arrowhead must address before the cert. is renewed. I was instructed with a wisper of a voice from ODMHSAS that they have found many inconsistencies at NN Arrowhead. ODMHSAS needs as many complaints as possible to the ODMHSAS Consumer Advocacy Division http://ok.gov/odmhsas/Additional_Information/Consumer_Rights/index.html

How to Contact the Advocacy Division

Advocacy Division
2401 NW 23rd, Ste. 82
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
405-521-4256 - Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area
1-866-699-6605 - Statewide
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/narconon-usa-getting-started.96175/page-2

This is excellent news!! NN will most likely have to come up with a plan of correction to deal with multiple deficiencies cited by ODMHSAS.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:59 »
Thanks for reposting this here, mefree!

Readers, if you have attended Narconon Arrowhead and experienced problems in any way while there, do report this to the below agency. Reports are definately needed, especially if you were there when Gabriel Graves attended the facility. I think we owe him that much and owe it to others so that no one goes through what consumers went through at this facility.

Patriot75 reports the following on WWP:
I had a conversation today with ODMHSAS http://ok.gov/odmhsas/ . I ask them what the progress was regarding NN Arrowhead cert. They told me that ODMHSAS has done a walk through and found many things that NN arrowhead must address before the cert. is renewed. I was instructed with a wisper of a voice from ODMHSAS that they have found many inconsistencies at NN Arrowhead. ODMHSAS needs as many complaints as possible to the ODMHSAS Consumer Advocacy Division http://ok.gov/odmhsas/Additional_Information/Consumer_Rights/index.html

How to Contact the Advocacy Division

Advocacy Division
2401 NW 23rd, Ste. 82
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
405-521-4256 - Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area
1-866-699-6605 - Statewide
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/narconon-usa-getting-started.96175/page-2

This is excellent news!! NN will most likely have to come up with a plan of correction to deal with multiple deficiencies cited by ODMHSAS.

Narconon will most likely not be recertified in January because of all this and whatever else comes up from the complaints being filed. Some things are just not fixable, like the lack of therapy required that they do not provide.
http://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/Chapter%2018%20Final%20eff%2007-11-10%20(2).pdf

Offline katianai

• New Around Here
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 13:02 »
I pray that NN will be unable to keep the doors open on this facility and that it be shut down for good so others will not suffer. It saddens my heart that people were damaged at the hands of these people; but am grateful for all the people who have come together to help stop it.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 15:25 »
I pray that NN will be unable to keep the doors open on this facility and that it be shut down for good so others will not suffer. It saddens my heart that people were damaged at the hands of these people; but am grateful for all the people who have come together to help stop it.

katianai, there are a lot of us praying with you.  Welcome to the Tipping Point.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 18:15 »
Thanks for reposting this here, mefree!
You're welcome!

|-0= Glad to see you posting on Tipping Point, Katianai.

By the way, it seems there is another unhappy client of Narconon, OK:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/religious-groups/narconon-arrowhead/narconon-arrowhead-failure-to-1d746.htm
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 18:59 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline Gabesmom

• New Around Here
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 11:51 »
My son passed away at a Narconon facility on October 26th, 2011...I am learning that I was not told the truth about that day

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 15:21 »
I am terribly sorry for your loss.   :'(

Welcome to Tipping Point.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 18:45 »
My son passed away at a Narconon facility on October 26th, 2011...I am learning that I was not told the truth about that day

I am so sorry, Gabesmom.  I am also sorry that you weren't told the truth, and I'm sad to say that I'm not really surprised.  Narconon wants to protect Narconon, even if it means lying about what happened.  It's not the first time they have lied about a death.  It must be a horrible shock for you, finding out on an internet forum.

:.{....

If there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know and we'll be happy to do whatever we can.  I'm also a moderator here, and if you need any help using the forum or PM (personal message) system, just ask.

My sincerest condolences.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 21:25 »
David is so very sorry about this loss. I will return and read more about this
later tonight.

My Prayers  \--O--/
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 07:39 »

Gabesmom,

Surely, this is a very difficult time for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine.

When and if you are able, would you mind elaborating on Narconon's story about your son's death?
-Dalai Lama

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 07:23 »
This very sad story, is another which now is on my mind often.

I just don't understand how are governments can continue to allow this
and I will be giving a speech on this today at a protest today in Montreal.

These next nine days, I am devoting to pulling government heads out of the sand
and I am making a firm stand - - extreme perhaps!

Will be climbing much higher up the Government and Political ladder early next week befoe I travel to Trois-Rivieres. Investigators were quite busy today gathering additional evidence and information concerning Narconon Trois-Rivieres.

Will post Vid here tonight :-)

I am so very sorry for the families loss :-(

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:29 by Intelligence »
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00 »
This very sad story, is another which now is on my mind often.

I just don't understand how are governments can continue to allow this
and I will be giving a speech on this today at a protest today in Montreal.

A mystery to me, also.

If state agencies actually conduct unannounced, spot inspections of drug treatment facilities, I marvel at how Narconon stays open. Based on what is known about Narconon, one would assume that repeat surprise inspections would result in citations, fines, and closure.

Lack of resources at the state agencies may be part of the problem.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 09:29 »

One (at least this one, that is, I) has to wonder if it's not something else.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 10:42 »

One (at least this one, that is, I) has to wonder if it's not something else.

ooo:/  One does wonder...  Notice, I said part of the problem.
-Dalai Lama

Offline sooner86

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 21:53 »

I'm so sorry Gabesmom.... I was at Narconon with Gabe and had the pleasure of knowing him... He was an amazing friend and an even better person. All of us who knew him were so upset, but we were all hushed while they pretended to have played no part in the situation. We were told not to speak of it because it would "scare away" potential students. Makes me sick.