Author Topic: Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place  (Read 19526 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 17:35 »
More justice For Gabriel, Kayse and Hillary...... Fox News in OK City investigates!

Colin Henderson posted this on wwp forum

I just got the word from the FOX 25 Oklahoma City Primetime Investigative Reporter that they are airing part 1 tonight during the 9pm CST and the second part will air same time tomorrow. I have had to stay quite about this one, but the Reporter ask for help on getting the word out. Part 1 sounds like it will consist of the recent deaths at NN AH with interviews from the families and myself. Part 2 will be, well lets just say, focused on ODMHSAS and ODMH.

Here are the links to FOX 25 OKC:
Home Page
http://www.okcfox.com/
Primetime News at 9 Top Stories
http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/index.shtml

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-arrowhead-takes-in-stranded.101885/page-6
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 19:08 »
The families and estates of Gabriel Graves and Stacy Dawn Murphy are filing lawsuits next week.

September 28, 2012
Deaths at Narconon Arrowhead spur two more lawsuits

By Jeanne LeFlore Staff Writer

McALESTER — An attorney for the families of two patients found dead at Narconon Arrowhead says lawsuits against the facility could be filed next week. Meanwhile, officials await autopsy reports in an investigation into four known deaths tied to the Scientology-based facility.Narconon Arrowhead is a national nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian.
( read on for more)
http://mcalesternews.com/policecourts/x1241986757/Deaths-at-Narconon-Arrowhead-spur-two-more-lawsuits

There will be justice!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 18:19 »
Family files wrongful death lawsuit against Narconon Arrowhead rehabilitation center - krjh

MCALESTER, Okla. - The parents of a patient found dead in July at a nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Pittsburg County have filed a lawsuit against the facility.

According to the petition filed Friday in Pittsburg County District Court, the parents alleging wrongful death, negligence and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act by Narconon Arrowhead are seeking more than $225,000 in damages.

Stacy Dawn Murphy of Owasso, the 20-year-old daughter of Rogers County resident Robert Murphy and Tulsa resident Tonya White, was found dead at the facility July 19.

In the lawsuit, the parents' attorneys call Murphy's death “a real tragedy” and say she and her parents had turned to Narconon and its treatment facility as a safe way to rehabilitate her from drug addiction.

more, including video at http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?action=post;topic=8624.20;num_replies=21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narconon Arrowhead Wrongful Death Lawsuit -KOKH FOX 25

A family just filed a lawsuit against Narconon Arrowhead after their daughter became the third person to die at the drug rehab facility within a nine month period. Fox 25 first told you about Narconon Arrowhead back in May. The facility has ties to the Church of Scientology. Fox 25's investigations have sparked national attention, several investigations into the facility and two lawmakers plan to file legislation to change the way rehab centers are regulated.

The latest death at Narconon Arrowhead in Canadian, Oklahoma happened in July. On Friday, the family of Stacy Murphy filed the lawsuit against the facility. However, Murphy's family says the lawsuit is not about money, it's about a message.

"The first time something happens it's an incident," said Gary Richardson, Attorney for Stacy Murphy's parents. "The second time it happens it's a coincidence. The third time it happens, it's a trend. How many deaths have we had there in the last 18 months?"

more at http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_7336.shtml

KTOK News- http://www.ktok.com/pages/localnewsarchive.html?feed=119211&article=10371392#ixzz28aHpqcDC

Mcalester News Capital: http://mcalesternews.com/breakingnews/x1939586385/Lawsuit-Narconon-operate-s-a-dangerous-unsafe-an-unsupervised-drug-and-alcohol-rehabilitation-program
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 18:29 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 20:04 »
Thirty 911 Calls from Narconon Arrowhead in One Year - examiner.com
by David Love

Shocking information was received today from Oklahoma concerning 911 calls for emergency help by Narconon Arrowhead patients and staff. Documents confirm the sheriff’s office responding to patients being held against their will at the Scientology rehab compound in Canadian, Oklahoma.

In some cases, the officers intervened by entering the center and waiting with distraught patients until their parents or sponsor could safely pick them up without interference from Narconon Arrowhead’s staff.

Other 911 emergency calls detail searches for smuggled-in illegal drugs and several fires near cabins. One call was from Gary Smith, CEO of Narconon Arrowhead, pleading with police to arrest someone who was in possession of drugs....

more at http://www.examiner.com/article/thirty-911-calls-from-narconon-arrowhead-one-year
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 21:27 »
Father whose daughter died at Narconon shocked by Scientology's beliefs - KRMG
10 October 2012, 8:13 pm
By Russell Mills

TULSA, Okla. — An Owasso man whose daughter died of an apparent drug overdose while at a drug treatment facility says he wants the place fixed or shut down, and he wants the world to know about its roots in the Church of Scientology, and what that organization's beliefs entail.

Robert Murphy's daughter, Stacy Dawn Murphy, died at Narconon Arrowhead July 19.

The facility claims it has medical personnel "on staff" 24 hours a day, Murphy says, but what they don't say is that "on staff" does not mean "on site."

"You believe they have a 24-hour physician in the building and all these nurses in the building, (that's) what you hear when they say they have a 24-hour staff. Well in actuality they have'em on staff, but they're not in the premises," he says.

Murphy's death is listed as "unattended," which would back up Robert Murphy's contention that his daughter was left in a room alone, where she passed away from what appears to have been a drug overdose. The "on staff" medical personnel were apparently never notified.

"They had her for ten-plus hours where they knew she was in an OD (overdose) situation and nobody did anything. No monitoring of her, no physician was called, no 911, didn't call her parents, nothing. Just put her in a room and left her to die," he told KRMG.

more at http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/father-whose-daughter-died-narconon-shocked-scient/nSZYt/
-Dalai Lama

Offline desert fox

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 21:29 »
How would I contact a moderator from this group?

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 21:32 »
Thirty 911 Calls from Narconon Arrowhead in One Year - examiner.com
by David Love

Shocking information was received today from Oklahoma concerning 911 calls for emergency help by Narconon Arrowhead patients and staff. Documents confirm the sheriff’s office responding to patients being held against their will at the Scientology rehab compound in Canadian, Oklahoma.

In some cases, the officers intervened by entering the center and waiting with distraught patients until their parents or sponsor could safely pick them up without interference from Narconon Arrowhead’s staff.

Other 911 emergency calls detail searches for smuggled-in illegal drugs and several fires near cabins. One call was from Gary Smith, CEO of Narconon Arrowhead, pleading with police to arrest someone who was in possession of drugs....

more at http://www.examiner.com/article/thirty-911-calls-from-narconon-arrowhead-one-year

Is there documentation on these 911 calls and why was it not included in the article?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 21:36 »
How would I contact a moderator from this group?

You can click on report to moderator link.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 20:31 by ethercat »
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41 »
Stacy Murphy's Dad (Murphy) is speaking with KRMG radio with Joe Kelley, this morning.
http://www.krmg.com/news/online/contacts/joe-kelley-information/nmnz/

5:30 am to 8:00 am. The show is on now. I haven't heard Mr. Murphy, yet.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 18:02 »
Autopsy report released on woman who died at Narconon Arrowhead - McAlester News-Capital
October 16, 2012

McALESTER — An autopsy report on a woman who died at Narconon Arrowhead, reveals an unknown cause of death and an unknown manner of death, according Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Oklahoma City.

more at http://mcalesternews.com/policecourts/x1400171580/Autopsy-report-released-on-woman-who-died-at-Narconon-Arrowhead
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 19:43 »
They show Hilary Holten's picture but do not say her name.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 19:47 »
They show Hilary Holten's picture but do not say her name.

That is confusing. They are still waiting on Stacy Murphy's autopsy, right?
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 20:17 »
That's how I interpreted it. It sounds like they got back Hilary's autopsy report and are still waiting for Stacy's. May need to get the full article to clarify what they are talking about.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 20:23 »
It's been corrected since, to add who the report was about:

October 16, 2012
Autopsy report released on woman who died at Narconon Arrowhead

McALESTER — An autopsy report on a woman who died at Narconon Arrowhead, reveals an unknown cause of death and an unknown manner of death, according Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Oklahoma City.

The results of Hillary Holten's autopsy states that “the cause of death is unknown.  The autopsy showed no significant injuries or acute disease processes which could have explained the death,” according to the report released today.
Holten,21,  was found dead at Narconon Arrowhead in April.

Located in Canadian, Narconon Arrowhead is a nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation program based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology.
Although the report will add to the investigation, the results of the autopsy of Stacy Dawn Murphy of Owasso is what officials are waiting for. [..]

http://mcalesternews.com/breakingnews/x1400171580/Autopsy-report-released-on-woman-who-died-at-Narconon-Arrowhead

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the Holtens. Same answer Gabriel Grave's mom received about Gabe.

The OK Medical Examiner Office is a mess. Politically in turmoil.

These autopsies need to be reviewed by independent examiners.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 20:37 »
It's been corrected since, to add who the report was about:

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the Holtens. Same answer Gabriel Grave's mom received about Gabe.

The OK Medical Examiner Office is a mess. Politically in turmoil.

These autopsies need to be reviewed by independent examiners.

Thanks for the update, Mary. I couldn't agree more. 
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 18:39 »
Autopsy report inconclusive in death of woman at Narconon facility - Tulsa World
By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 10/23/2012  4:30 PM

The state Medical Examiner’s Office could not determine a cause of death for a woman who died in April at a detox facility rooted in Scientology, according to the autopsy report released Tuesday.

Hillary Ann Holten, 21, of Carrollton, Texas, died April 11 at Narconon Arrowhead, which is northeast of McAlester.

Holten is one of three recent deaths at the Narconon facility that has resulted in a multiagency investigation.

Gabriel Graves, 32, of Claremore died Oct. 26, 2011, and Stacy Murphy, 20 of Owasso, died July 19.

Both Graves and Holten have their manner and cause of death listed as unknown by the state Medical Examiner’s Office. Murphy’s autopsy is still pending.

Holten’s autopsy showed nothing unusual except for some lesions on her face and bruising on her arms and right leg, according to the report.

The toxicology report showed no positives for any tested substance.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20121023_12_0_Thesta535687
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 20:12 »
Autopsy report inconclusive in death of woman at Narconon facility - Tulsa World

The state Medical Examiner’s Office could not determine a cause of death for a woman who died in April at a detox facility rooted in Scientology, according to the autopsy report released Tuesday.

Hillary Ann Holten, 21, of Carrollton, Texas, died April 11 at Narconon Arrowhead, which is northeast of McAlester.

Holten is one of three recent deaths at the Narconon facility that has resulted in a multiagency investigation.

Gabriel Graves, 32, of Claremore died Oct. 26, 2011, and Stacy Murphy, 20 of Owasso, died July 19.

Both Graves and Holten have their manner and cause of death listed as unknown by the state Medical Examiner’s Office. Murphy’s autopsy is still pending.

Holten’s autopsy showed nothing unusual except for some lesions on her face and bruising on her arms and right leg, according to the report.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20121023_12_0_Thesta535687
Interesting write up. Is it statistically possible to have this many people classified as cause of death "Unknown" by the  state ME that did the autopsies?

Offline desert fox

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 21:15 »
This whole thing is so sad!!!  When it first happened I was informed and then NBC aired the special.  They could have done a lot more on that, very disappointing but that is a post for another time. 

When I learned that this had happened, I went to my boss (or one of them) and asked about it.  "What are we doing about this?"  "How is it being handled?"  Their response was first to ask what I knew, where did it come from and why was I asking.  They finally told me that I could rest easy that "International" was on the scene and corrections would be issued.  Also that several staff members had been terminated for failing to do their jobs properly.  They said it was sad but wow, at first I did not even know what to say.  "Things like that happen at rehab".............made me sick.

Most of these places (all of them) come very close to crossing the line!!!!

• High Value Target
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 22:44 »
This whole thing is so sad!!!  When it first happened I was informed and then NBC aired the special.  They could have done a lot more on that, very disappointing but that is a post for another time. 

When I learned that this had happened, I went to my boss (or one of them) and asked about it.  "What are we doing about this?"  "How is it being handled?"  Their response was first to ask what I knew, where did it come from and why was I asking.  They finally told me that I could rest easy that "International" was on the scene and corrections would be issued.  Also that several staff members had been terminated for failing to do their jobs properly.  They said it was sad but wow, at first I did not even know what to say.  "Things like that happen at rehab".............made me sick.

Most of these places (all of them) come very close to crossing the line!!!!

You worked/work for NarCONon in some capacity?

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 23:18 »

It'd be nice if there was a better description of that bruising. Could they have resulted from being restrained or held down?

BigBeard