Author Topic: Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place  (Read 19259 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Narconon of Oklahoma is a Deadly Place
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 22:21 »
Posting this here because this thread started out about the death of Gabriel Graves at Narconon Arrowhead.

Shirley Gilliam, Natural Mother of Gabriel Graves, deceased and as Special Administrator of the Estate of Gabriel Graves sues Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc d/b/a Narconon Arrowhead,  Narconon International, Association for Better Living And Education ( ABLE ) International, and Dr. Gerald D Wootan, DO, M. Ed for wrongful death, etc. Tulsa News posted about it along with posting the complaint petition

Third lawsuit filed against Narconon

By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 10/24/2012  2:26 PM
Last Modified: 10/24/2012  3:20 PM

Document: Read the lawsuit here.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/PetitionGilliamagainstNarcononfiled.pdf
Read the article here:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20121024_14_0_Thefam638694

Some highlights from an interniew with Shirley Gilliam, Gabriel Graves Mother.

Claremore Mother Talks About Lawsuit Against Narconon Rehab Facility
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 10:12 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 24, 2012 10:12 PM EDT
Tess Maune, News On 6 

[..] His mom, Shirley Gilliam found the facility online the night before Gabe enrolled.

She says she didn't have time to shop around; her son needed help and he needed it fast. [..]

[..] Gabe wasn't two months into the program when he started feeling sick and complaining about a severe headache.

"The five-hour saunas were too much. He would regurgitate, severe diarrhea, he lost weight while he was there," Gilliam said.

Gabe told his mom his request for pain medication was denied and that he couldn't get in to see the doctor, even though attorney Gary Richardson says the family was told a physician would be on staff 24/7.

"There's no doctor there, taking care of medical needs, like they're leading people to believe there is," Richardson said.

But, Gilliam said her son reassured her he'd be okay.

The next day Gabe was found dead, face down in his bed.

"It's amazing. I just began screaming and screaming, ‘Not Gabriel,'" Gilliam said.

Not knowing what else to do, Gilliam said she went to Narconon leaders, hoping for answers.

"I said, ‘What happened?' ‘Well, we just don't know where he got them.' ‘Got what?' ‘The drugs,'" Gilliam said, recalling her conversation. "I said, ‘Are you telling me he overdosed?'" And he says, ‘We just don't know what happened, where he got them.'"

The medical examiner couldn't determine why Gabe died, but did rule out an overdose.

Gabe was the first of three deaths at Narconon in a nine-month span. [..]

http://www.newson6.com/story/19908863/green-country-mother-talks-about-her-lawsuit-against-narconon-rehab-facility
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 20:16 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 09:53 »
A picture circulating on facebook and other forums. This should leave no doubt about the Narconon/ Scientology connection.

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 17:46 »
A picture circulating on facebook and other forums. This should leave no doubt about the Narconon/ Scientology connection.

Yup, I saw it here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29080-Visit-from-the-mighty-midget!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 20:10 »
One year ago today, on October 26, 2011, the beloved Gabriel W. Graves passed away at Narconon Arrowhead.

Please keep his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. Especially difficult because Gabe's stepfather Emmett passed away suddenly last week and the family is devastated.

Gabe's mom, Shirley Gilliam needs our emotional and spiritual support right now. He attorney filed the lawsuit which was in preparations before Emmett died. She's going after Narconon, despite all that is happening because it's the right thing to do to bring justice for Gabe and his children.

So please, remember Gabe, remember Shirley, remember Emmett and Gabe's  sister Brandy, his precious young daughters and the rest of his loved ones grieving today. Thanks

Gabe and his youngest daughter

Shirley and Emmett Gilliam, taken last summer by msnbc

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2012, 21:35 »
Something of interest from Oklahoma will air at 10 pm Central on News9. Watch live stream at http://www.news9.com/

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 23:07 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 21:37 »
 ooo}

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 23:03 »
Video
WEB EXTRA: Extended Interview With CEO, Employee Of Narconon
(David Love, Mr Murphy ( stacy's Dad) also interviewed)
http://www.news9.com/category/116601/video-page?clipId=7902103&autostart=true

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 19:24 »
Thanks for putting that together, Intelligence. Very touching.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41 »
Not sure what the criteria is to be on the list in the video above but there are three deaths related to Narconon Northern California. Two clients were killed and two staff members were injured in a car crash in 2000. Mary has posted this case several times on the Tipping Point and  the court document on her Scribd site.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/106462369/Negligent-Death-Lawsuit-Catherine-Smith-et-al-vs-Narconon-Northern-California

The third was an individual who died in 2009 but Narconon did not report until a year later.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 01:13 »
Not sure what the criteria is to be on the list in the video above but there are three deaths related to Narconon Northern California. Two clients were killed and two staff members were injured in a car crash in 2000. Mary has posted this case several times on the Tipping Point and  the court document on her Scribd site.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/106462369/Negligent-Death-Lawsuit-Catherine-Smith-et-al-vs-Narconon-Northern-California

The third was an individual who died in 2009 but Narconon did not report until a year later.

I got the list from the Narconon Deaths thread to make the graphic for a sign.  I'm sorry I missed some people.  Will you add a post about them in the thread please with any links you have; and then I'll edit them in to the first post?  I'll also edit the graphic for future use.

There were two listed there that I left off because one was an older guy who probably died of natural causes, and the other was a staff-member suicide who it wasn't clear that the suicide was related to Narconon.  In hindsight, maybe I should have included the suicide too.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 13:39 »

I got the list from the Narconon Deaths thread to make the graphic for a sign.  I'm sorry I missed some people.  Will you add a post about them in the thread please with any links you have; and then I'll edit them in to the first post?  I'll also edit the graphic for future use.

There were two listed there that I left off because one was an older guy who probably died of natural causes, and the other was a staff-member suicide who it wasn't clear that the suicide was related to Narconon.  In hindsight, maybe I should have included the suicide too.

I agree. I think the suicide of a NN Patient or NN Staff "INSIDE" a Narconon could be
added to the list, but perhaps a 'Natural' cause left off? The Cult can't argue or attack
the list-sign you have now, but they MAY if a natural-cause was added?

Just an my opinion :)

An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 23:25 »
I wonder about including the car accident deaths. Scientology certainly does not encourage unsafe driving more than any other group... And an accident might be just an accident.

I don't worry about about the cult impugning the list, though; one way we are very different from them is that we have no problem correcting our mistakes, or even admitting them when they are pointed out to us in a friendly way!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 09:39 »

And it was finally investigated in 2011, completed in Mar 2012. I will be posting the ADP documents soon. Just waiting to see what the family is planning to do.