Author Topic: WSB channel 2 news video Sandy Springs 9/18/09  (Read 1918 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: WSB channel 2 news video Sandy Springs 9/18/09
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 11:02 »
I have to hand it to WSB/Channel 2 for their coverage. Almost two minutes is a lot of time on an evening news show, and I could not detect a hint of bias, just good, solid reporting.

But I did notice that none of the culties seemed to be smiling or acting in a friendly manner. Of course, that is typical for them, at least in public gatherings. Hmm...

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 15:03 »
I liked that they kept showing the sign on the building that says, "Sales Office."  I think the scientologists should leave that up there; it's the only truth in advertising I've ever seen them display.

Edit: watch, it will be gone within the week, because of this post.  Who's at cause and who's at affect, again, scientology?   ;)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline SirBedevere

• Met Xenu
  • Pain = Growth
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 16:32 »
Just watched it again.  "Worship space"??  Oops, bad generalization.

"It's not as if we're trying to plop down a megachurch deep within a single family community on a two lane road, this is on a 5 lane highway." 
- Sooo, you want to plop down a megachurch deep within a single family community on a 5 lane highway.  5 lanes is not much in Atlanta!!  And the road is not a highway.  And next to an intersection merging roads, and ...
Bad generalization.  Way to try an minimize the situation though gross lies.

Then they say they will limit attendance to the number of parking spaces.  They forgot to mention that they plan to NOT limit 4 times a year. 

This is a perfect example on how this organization distorts the truth.  If this is the only subject on anti-scientology I've ever read this would be enough to convince me they are not a straightforward organization. 

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 12:25 »
Just watched it again.  "Worship space"??  Oops, bad generalization.

Just in case I wasn't clear (which I didn't think about until I read your post), I was referring to the sign being gone within a week.  (but we should perhaps archive the video of the news broadcast, in case it goes down.)

"It's not as if we're trying to plop down a megachurch deep within a single family community on a two lane road, this is on a 5 lane highway." 
- Sooo, you want to plop down a megachurch deep within a single family community on a 5 lane highway.  5 lanes is not much in Atlanta!!  And the road is not a highway.  And next to an intersection merging roads, and ...
Bad generalization.  Way to try an minimize the situation though gross lies.

Technically, it is a state and county highway, Georgia 19 and Fulton 9, but it's not what we typically think of when we say highway, something like I-85 or another limited access roadway.  They think calling it a highway will make it sound bigger and faster moving than it is.  They can call it whatever they want, it is what it is. 

Then they say they will limit attendance to the number of parking spaces.  They forgot to mention that they plan to NOT limit 4 times a year.

And they're proposing that they will carpool with 4 to a car, when their own parking study shows that their typical car occupancy is 1.36 to a car.  If they were limiting the attendance to the parking spaces at that ratio, they would limit it 112 for the 83 aboveground spaces.

This is a perfect example on how this organization distorts the truth.  If this is the only subject on anti-scientology I've ever read this would be enough to convince me they are not a straightforward organization.

Yes, they have made so many twists and turns throughout the process, it's been insane to try to follow.  First to have Galloway say, "Oh, this large space and the bookstore is only for our small number of members" then to have Bob Adams come out and say, "We need the space so we can have carved wood paneling and big-screen TVs so the public can come in and see what scientology is" reveals the level of deception that has been present from the beginning.  Galloway was obviously waffling right from the start when his numbers changed to whatever he needed them to be at the moment. 

It's like a child whining and stomping his feet because he didn't get his way, then coming up with another sneaky tactic to try to get the candy bar; it smells of sheer desperation.

And the deception is only beginning...  Just wait till they actually occupy the building.

They want that basement enclosed so they'll have a place to hide the bodies!   ;)
   Narconon Reviews