Author Topic: The Best Media Writing of 2011, Part Two - AdAge.com  (Read 1723 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
The Best Media Writing of 2011, Part Two - AdAge.com
« on: December 22, 2011, 21:00 »
The Best Media Writing of 2011, Part Two - AdAge.com
22 December 2011, 2:46 pm
By Matthew Creamer

Part One of the Best Media Writing of Year honored works that looked into subjects as diverse as journalist phone-hacking, old media's role in a Facebook world and David Carr.

Here's the second installment:

Best Media Longread: Lawrence Wright, The New Yorker
Decoding the relationship between Hollywood and the Church of Scientology hasn't been an easy one for journalists brave enough to take on these legendarily touchy institutions. But in February, Lawrence Wright gave us probably the fullest portrait yet of the religion's infiltration of the movie-making slice of entertainment industrial complex. In telling the long, long, gripping tale of producer-director Paul Haggis' nasty falling out with church over gay rights, Mr. Wright teases out the bizarre symbiosis between the church and some of movie-making's biggest stars.....

more at http://adage.com/article/mediaworks/media-writing-2011-part/231724/   
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 21:47 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.