Author Topic: In Clearwater for LRH's 101st Birthday: Tales of Disconnection and Scientology ... - Village Voice (  (Read 1021 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
In Clearwater for LRH's 101st Birthday: Tales of Disconnection and Scientology ... - Village Voice (blog)
14 March 2012, 8:13 am

Just a few weeks ago, we heard from journalist Bryan Seymour about a young man who said he signed a Sea Org contract and began working long hours at only eight years of age. From Europe, there was recently a report which we're still trying to confirm on our own of Scientology ads being served to an app that plays nursery rhymes. And here at the Voice we've been showing you advertising put out by church orgs that uses small children to make fundraising appeals.

The longer you look into Scientology, the more the silly space opera stuff fades to the background and the more its questionable practices come into focus. Like its apparent focus on younger and younger kids. And worse -- its separation of children from parents through the policy of disconnection.

I was reminded of that, yet again, in a big way yesterday during my tour of Clearwater. I had hit the highlights -- the Fort Harrison Hotel, the Super Power Building, the Sandcastle, the Hacienda Gardens, and had gawked at Sea Org members and security men, and they had gawked at me.

But then, I had a remarkable conversation at the Starbucks in the center of town. Yes, the same Starbucks that Janet Reitman speaks of in her book, Inside Scientology, where she was visited by the very dramatic local church spokeswoman, Pat Harney.

My own encounter was less comical.....

more, including video at http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/scientology_clearwater_disconnection.php
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 21:02 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Kudos to Tony O for this article exposing Scientology's disconnection practices, harassment of protestors and their poor Grandparents, for God's sake!

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sarcasm Pirate

• Merchant of Chaos
Can you imagine if Hubbard had actually lived to be 101? I wonder if it would have actually impacted the way the public views Scientology and its 'legitimacy'.  ::)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
 :o That's a mental status I don't want to think about.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target